Foobar, skins and questions thread.

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by ROBSCIX, Sep 30, 2011.

1. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Did you make this Skin?
    If you did very nice job. I didn't know there were other skin makers aside from, Br3tt.

2. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Thanks alot....I have it installed.....I do have a few questions.

What is causing my meter to be missing part of it.
    [​IMG]

Also, I am missing volume control, or else I am not looking in the right spot.....lol

I got the meter fixed, by reinstalling.....still learning the interface.....how did you get two columns on the left pane?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  3. macarych

macarych Guest

GPU:
    Palit GT440 1 Gb GDDR5
    Yes, I did. But on the http://foobar2000.ru/ have skin better than my, that's the best:

[​IMG]

I'm sorry, did not quite understand the question, because I use Google translation.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  4. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Thats ok macarych....I will figure it out.

Great job you did on this skin....thanks so much. :)

5. macarych

macarych Guest

GPU:
    Palit GT440 1 Gb GDDR5
    Thanks. :)

6. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
  7. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Added waveform seek bar, really handy.
    [​IMG]

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    since this is also a question thread about foobar I have one. I've been using WMP for the last 5 years now, give or take. Why do you guys choose foobar? it's obviously more customizable, but does it also sound better? I know there's output plugins for it, but they exist for WMP too. Just curious.

9. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Main reason for me: WASAPI and ASIO support for bit perfect playback. In terms of UI WMP is close to perfection in my opinion (with waveform seek bar and WASAPI/ASIO it would).

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Somewhat happy with Kameleon for now, shame the lyrics don't work, so I removed that panel

[​IMG]

yeah I know, some sh1tty low bitrate, but been working on re-ripping my audio collection slowly now that I have a decent sound card and headphones etc...

EDIT: ok, I really like Kameleon, but can't get the lyrics working on it, no matter what. and if I remove the lyrics panel, it'll always come back when I restart Foobar, annoying. other than that, it's perfect. Oh, about Wasapi settings, I'm using WASAPI (event), what are you guys using? I feel it has a tiny bit more punch than push, which sounds a bit more "relaxed". Buffer length at 1000ms, what does that do? And Output data format at 24-bit with my SB Z, that's correct, right?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013

11. Vandrende Pind

Vandrende Pind Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X
    eclap, buffer length in foobar decides how quick equalizer changes etc. sets in, just set in low and don't worry about it.

between wasapi, ds, ks, asio etc. i sometimes hear a difference in sound quality, but it's not a big deal imo. usually i just stick to ds (direct sound).

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Thanks

13. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Can someone help me a bit? I'd like to create view that shows tracks based on remixer first (if tag is available) and then based on track artists and then based on album artist. I've added remixer tag to some of my tracks but I have troubles getting Foobar to recognise it.

[​IMG]
    I'd add it as one view sorting option.

14. macarych

macarych Guest

GPU:
    Palit GT440 1 Gb GDDR5
    Now this.

[​IMG]

15. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    Where can I find this skin??? Every link i've tried says "file deleted". WTF?

16. macarych

macarych Guest

GPU:
    Palit GT440 1 Gb GDDR5
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  17. MonarchX

MonarchX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 @ 1480Mhz GPU
    Why do people use fubar2000 player? Doesn't MPC-HC do all the same? AFAIK WinAmp is the best for audio, MPC-HC is best for video, but can do audio just fine, but most importantly is that MPC-HC can be set to use LAV Video decoder, LAV Audio decoder, and LAV Source / Splitter Source, and the one and only best of the best renderers - madVR!

For HT, there's of course JRiver Media Center (version 20) that can also use LAV decoders, and madVR renderer.

No offense - I am just curious why fubar is so popular and supported? Is it the skins? I don't know, but I might switch to it if it has something other players I mentioned do not!

18. LNCPapa

LNCPapa Master Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    It's definitely not the skins. Foobar is so flexible that once people get over the initial hurdle of getting it set up people tend to fall in love with it. The Foobar team has made basic setup much easier over the last couple years and now you're really just customizing. Customizing consists of adding support only for the filetypes you use, any post effects you might use, and then aesthetics. Foobar has also been the best music manager I've ever come across. Transcoding is a snap and very efficient. You can move/copy/rename in seconds and it's great at handling large libraries. My 25,000 track all flac library doesn't even cause a hiccup for foobar.

19. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    I agree

20. macarych

macarych Guest

GPU:
    Palit GT440 1 Gb GDDR5
    You ever wanted to build the player of your dreams?
    Foobar2000 - all you need for this!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014