Battlefield 3 Platoon

Discussion in 'Guru of 3D Clan' started by davetheshrew, Oct 26, 2011.

1. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    ok here it is guys this is how we get a server.

I need 50 of our 98 strong platoon to put in £3 to a paypal, this will give us:

3 months of a 50 slot server and 54 teamspeak 3 slots with gameservers.com. Once this is done in we have access to clan pay etc because they support it, give us our own page and such.

Then we all do it again in 3 months, sounds simple lol watch how complicated this gets!

we could do it on a 1 month basis so we could establish clan pay etc more quickly Im just used to quaterly bills lol

oh and yeah you will notice I will be profiting a whole heap out of this cuz Im a greedy money monster!, like £0.20ish per player, lol this will go into next months prize, once clan pay is established we will work things better :)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  2. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Where will the server be hosted? if its in the uk (London seems to be the choice?) il happily stick a tenner in to get the ball rolling :3

3. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    thats like $5, if my £ to $ conversion is correct. if you cant afford that, then you need to stop gaming and get a JOB :p

but seriously, paypal is not an option for me. i have been bent over one too many times by them and will not give them another penny for anything. is there another form of payment thats accpeted? i have an amazon account with the amazon payments already set up. been using that for a while now and i have to say its a hell of alot easier than paypal ever was, minus the silly ass transfer fees and being butthurt after i sent and recieved money.

4. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    yeah 5 bucks isnt too bad considering you get 3 months of server with our greatest players and also teamspeak 3. Umm about paypal, what does clanpay take as payment usually? I mean paypal as a gift means you pay a tiny charge but at least the transaction is done in one go no probs, Ive had awfull times with paypal via purchased goods I agree but by gift its no real bother Ive done tons of small transactions.

@ des yeah was thinking london but heard that usa players get better ping through european servers although I could be wrong, I get pretty good lag free matches through eu servers also, since guru3d is based in the netherlands I thought maybe using there? we have to cater for all so need a nice compromise methinks so if you have a better idea on server placement let me know man.

lol if des sticks a tenner in then your slot is paid for firestorm so you need not worry for paypal! :p

5. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    @des:
    if you throw that tenner in and get things started, ill cover your end once everthing gets set up.

@ dave:
    im not really sure what payment options are for the clan pay other than paypal. the last time i did clan pay, i was still plowing through counter strike. its been a couple years though, so they may have added more payment options since then. the only thing i can suggest is conctacting whoever you want to get the game server through and ask how their clan pay is set up.

as for the server location, it dont matter where its at really. its funny though because ive been getting lag free gameplay on the UK and European servers lately. so far the servers in the states have been horrid, so i refuse to play on them.

6. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    quote from the site

'GameServers.com gives you a lot of options for funding your account. You can use anyone of the major credit cards, pay using your bank account via PayPal, or mail us a check. Once you have an account established, we also give you the option to share future payments with your clan members via our ClanPay feature. Using ClanPay, you will get your own page at gameservers.com which your clan members can visit, view the servers they are paying for, and make direct donations to your account'

regarding location I guess london it is! we will have to get a safe place to put moneys, its late now but will pm hilbert in the morning and see if we can set up a guru purse temporarily, Id use mine but some here dont know me so might be hard for them to part with their £3 to a stranger which I completely understand.

7. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    well London and Amsterdam are the top picks for me from gameservers, not much difference between them tbh I'd be happy with either of them, I say see you is willing to pay if more uk then eu then get london either way it's not going to be a massive difference.

oh and yey we can finally use some of the logos I made lol

8. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    ok, so there are other options to pay once clan pay is set up. cool beans.

how much is it for everthing? to get the vent and game server started for those 3 months?

9. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    I think it comes with them 82p (about half a dollar) per person per slot then times 3 :)

10. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    it was something like £47 a month so £141 every three months for 50 slots with vent

11. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    thats not bad. well if we can get the funds together, ill put in $20 once everything is set up in case we have someone who decides to drop out. at least the extra will be there. hopefully we get enough people interested.

12. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    yeah im going to do similar regarding back up funds, tommorow I will really start driving it and spamming the crap out of the bf3 thread and battlelog :)

13. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    That's a really good price compared to what other places charge, I also just tested one of their servers out and it was running nice, Like iv said before il happily put extra towards funds if needed, we just need a regular team of players that will use the server.

14. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    well, count me in guys..
    5 bucks, or 3,50 €? per month isnt that much...its ok with me guys..and if the server is based in europe, like amsterdam, etc its great for me also..gonna have 30 pinger then ;)

i also can give like 15 euro as a head start, even i know i dont have that much right now..but i can spare it for our nice team..maybe that helps a bit :)

anyway..is mooneybookers ok too? i dont have paypal..

-BetA-

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    count me in, pm me where to send the £3 :)

16. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Thats a pretty good deal there guys, very cheap for reserved slots :)

17. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    whoa! lol ok everyone is up for it I see :) from what I just counted from those few posts thats nearly a whole month covered :D

We should not do it like that really but a start is a start, I guess what we could do is say like if for example beta put in 15 euro, we convert that to £ and then devide the cash into monthly slots for him and put that up on the first post or keep a list here w/e.

@beta no man I was talking around £3 for 3 months not 1 month so much much better value than what you were thinking :p

ok Im gonna grab some shut eye, hopefully by tommorow I will have a few more willing to go ahead, hell we may have a server tommorow at this rate of interest!

Nice one guys Im seriously proud of what this is becoming :D

I will see about payment options etc tommorow before we can go clanpay as some really understandably hate paypal so I will have to sort something.

Ive got a fiver to go in also right now but have more next week, not much but its a start :)

18. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    ill be happy to chip in for a 64 slot server aswell :)

19. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    awesome. seems like more people want to hop on board. we may get this going yet :D

20. nexus_711

nexus_711 Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1080 Twin X2
    Count me in Dave! I have my moneys ready on Paypal.