New RivaTunerStatisticsServer is ready, testers wanted!

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Unwinder, Mar 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Thanks for good news ;) I've already prepared one more build (beta 3), which contains some additional performance optimizations (OSD shadow is now rendered in single pass with OSD base so some CPU time is saved on additional rendereing pipeline state saving/restoring), will upload it tomorrow. And I guess that I'll leave 3D mode as default selected mode since that build. Compatibility seem to be really high with current implementation.

2. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    Metro 2033 DX11 OK.

3. Unwinder

Just succesfully tested a few more games:

Cryostasis
    Prototype
    Tomb raider : Underworld (to ensure that Lara doesn't hate me for debugging her last night :D)

Guess I've already installed and tested 90% of titles I purchased during the last year or two.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  4. Licaon

Licaon Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX660Ti-OC

5. Unwinder

6. Unwinder

New version (beta 3) has been uploaded to the server. Changes list includes:

- Optimized On-Screen Display shadow rendering for On-Screen Display 3D mode. Now OSD base and shadow rendering are merged in single function so some CPU time is saved due to removing additional rendering pipeline state saving and restoring.
    - On-Screen Display 3D mode is enabled by default now
    - Some context help corrections and changes

7. Blesavi

Blesavi New Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 280
    Cant start Metro 2033 DX10 (app crash) with beta 3, with Afterburner 1.5.0 (OSDServer 3.6.0.0.) game working but no OSD.
    Fallout 3 and Zombie Driver works fine.
    Drv. 196.34.

8. Unwinder

Will check it myself on Friday 19th when Metro 2033 start selling officially here, in Russia. Does it crash when 3D mode is disabled too? In meanwhile, can anyone confirm that?

9. Blesavi

Blesavi New Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 280
    I disabled 3D mode and it works. :)
    Thanks.

10. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    Hmm, something is strange with Metro 2033. DX11 works fine but in DX9 and DX10 no FPS counter. Game works fine but no FPS. 3D Enabled.

11. Unwinder

I see. Can you try to combine RTSS beta 3 with RT/EVGA Precision/MSI Afterburner to check if it provide any data to framerate graph? I'd like to understand if it is hooking (in this case there will be no data on framerate graph) of just OSD rendering issue. If it is rendering issue then disabling 3D mode should also help.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  12. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    Sorry, it took me a while to get used with Afterburner. Oh God, I miss my Riva. :cry:
    Anyway, everything is fine if I switch off 3D mode. I saw FPS in OSD and in Afterburner monitoring graph.

But I have a curiosity, why RTSS (and ATT too) show me DX11 API if I play in DX10 or DX9? I'm sure that it is correct DX10 in game because in DX11 I have half of those FPS's in menu. :)

13. Unwinder

Hehe... I expect some new generation green card soon so I can get rid of red one in my primary PC. This will force me to update RT ASAP ;)

Aha! That actually explains a lot. DX11 introduces new paradigm called "feature levels" to allow to run DX11 application on downlevel hardware (i.e. on DX9/DX10 cards). In this case application is still working with DX11 interfaces but DX runtime translates the calls into native DX9/DX10 driver calls. That's a good thing for lazy developers who hate to create different renderers for different hardware (e.g. separate DX9 and DX11 renderers). However, I'm not sure that such emulated DX9 and DX10 renderers are as effective as native DX9 and DX10 ones. I guess Metro 2033 is the first game using such emulated DX9 and DX10. My OSD renderer always creates SM5 shaders in DX11 codepath, which will most likely fail if reduced feature level is in use.

14. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:
    2xMSI N550GTX-Ti Cy II OC
    Damn Unwinder, you have a lot of games!!!

All I have reinstalled since last wipe is World of Warcraft and Aion. Both DX9 and both fine.

I did look at a few samples in the DirectX SDK. The 32 bit ones I checked are fine, but none of the 64 bit. Same holds true for PCMark Vantage, fine with 32 bit, no detection at all for 64.

Just curious if 64 bit support is on the roadmap somewhere. I suspect we will eventually see games compiled to leverage it.

15. BVALJALO

BVALJALO Member

GPU:
    GB WF GTX670(1337c/7000m)
    Alex, the first app I tried this new stat server on, Metro 2033, there is no OSD happening. I'm using On Screen Display 3d = On, and the game is in DX11 (although in DX10 mode it also does not work), all High (no MSAA). It's the Steam version of the game. Been using RTSS for many years, so I'm 99% certain I'm doing things correctly. Tried all the different detection levels ... nothing. Windows 7 Home 64-bit, btw.

Also, I do have the RTSS beta installed into the proper place in my AB directory, and the AB graphs themselves are populating just fine.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010

16. Unwinder

Hehe. My yonger sister will be really happy to read that. She is killing a lot of time in Aion and wanted me to test everything in it but I don't have a copy and hontstly not a fan of such games at all ;)

It is in roadmap, but in far far future. 64-bit support is not something easily implementable, it is in fact one more separate application with totally different hooking system comparing to 32-bit application. And considering that now 99% of games are still 32-bit now, it is really expensive from development and support POV and investing that many time in something needed for just for 2 or 3 games.

17. Unwinder

Weird, I'd expect it to work in full DX11 mode. And DX10 mode emulated via DX11 won't work in the current build due to reasons explained on the top of this page. Anyway, I'll purchase box version of the game tomorrow and test it myself.

In meanwhile, I added 3 more games from my collection to the list of tested/working:

Prince of Persia 2008 (DX9)
    World in conflict (DX10)
    Mirror's edge (DX10)

18. Unwinder

Beta 4 is online. In new build I've added OSD support for DX9 and DX10 modes emulated via DX11 feature levels. Probably it will fix OSD invisibility in Metro 2033 DX9/DX10 (not sure how feature level switching is implemented there, if it is performed dynamically in application runtime then probably application restart will be required to get OSD shaders recompiled properly).

19. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    Sweet. 5 hours till I get home to test. :)
    Metro 2033 DX11 works fine here but it's not an official version. :O

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  20. Unwinder

Hehe... 5 fours till I get home and keep installing new (old) games too :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.