GPU Monitor Gadget 2.0 Released

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by stangowner, Apr 6, 2009.

1. cyski

cyski Member

Edit: Sorry, I was looking for the sideshow settings but then reread the whole thread and realized it's not out yet.

Great gadget btw!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  2. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:
    2xMSI N550GTX-Ti Cy II OC
    Yeah, the SideShow support is in 2.2 which is only in beta. I have several other changes I'm making, but should have it released within the next 2-3 weeks or so. Send me a PM with an email address is you want a beta now.....otherwise you can just wait for the released update.

3. magicdave26

magicdave26 Banned

GPU:
    S-HD 5770 1GB 1000 / 1400
    Appologies if this is mentioned someplace in this thread, but the gadget requires low level hardware monitoring to be enabled in RivaTuner for it to run, but Rivatuner does not give me the option to enable it, I have only 3 options in rivatuner

refresh rate, colur and report

How do I get rivatuner working properly with my Ati 5770 ? Windows 7 x64 ?

thanks

4. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:
    RivaTuner does not show that button if your hardware is not supported. Without it, you can not use the gadget.

ATI 5xxx support is coming in RivaTuner 2.25. I'm unsure exactly when that will be released though.

5. avadona

avadona Member

GPU:
    xxxxx
    subb'd

6. killerxpro

killerxpro New Member

GPU:
    GTX 275
    Hi, i just got the GPUmonitor and it wont work for me no matter what i do. every time i start it says it cannot find Rivatuner Hardware Monitor data on my computer. I do have it installed and running and i have the record button on so it continues to monitor my system. i get the same error over and over again. idk what to do, i tried everything i can think of.

7. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:
    Can you tell me if GPUMonitor.exe is in your process list? If not, can you manually run it from "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets\GPUMonitor.gadget" and let me know if the gadget works properly?

8. killerxpro

killerxpro New Member

GPU:
    GTX 275
    I did that and IT WORKED, YEY! Thanks!

i just have one more question, ive been trying to get my CPU temp to show up in here, but i have a core i7. the only thing i found that shows the CPU temp requires a NFORCE board, and i7 boards are x58 chipset. any clue how to get my cpu temps on there?

Thanks

9. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    RealTemp plugin for RivaTuner.
    This is latest plugin (not available to public until now :p) and here are some instructions.
    Or you can download latest official RealTemp and install the plugin in a easy way. :)

10. killerxpro

killerxpro New Member

GPU:
    GTX 275
    well it sorta worked. I can see all the info in RivaTuner but not in the gadget, in fact, i cant input any new monitoring addons. its stuck with its original set, cant remove or add any new. I'm not sure if i should try to reinstall everything so i will wait.

11. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:
    The gadget should pick up all sources that are added to RivaTuner, from RealTemp or any other plugin. If they do not automatically appear when you enable them in RivaTuner, then opening the gadget settings and clicking OK should add them. In the gadget settings, you should see them at the bottom of the general tab, and they should be checked by default. Unchecking them will remove them from display from the gadget. Are the RealTemp sources listed in the gadget settings?

GPUMonitor.exe must be running. It is not possible for gadget programming languages like JavaScript to access the values from RivaTuner directly. So this application queries RivaTuner and makes the information available for the gadget to digest. If it is not running, the gadget will not received updated values or new sources. This application should run by itself when you open the gadget. If it is not, we need to troubleshoot that.....or as a workaround you can just add a shortcut to that application to your startup folder.

12. killerxpro

killerxpro New Member

GPU:
    GTX 275
    IT WORKED! how do you know all this!? damn. Thanks man, i can finally enjoy it.

13. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:
    Version 2.2 is now available for download here.

This update includes:
    • Windows SideShow support
    • monitor headers
    • optional title border
    • new monitor display style (19 in total now)
    • several new monitor icons
    Here are some examples showing the monitor headers. The new display style is pictured in the nvidia image for framerate (shows min/current/max values).

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I also made some under the hood changes to help make the code more consistant and easier to maintain moving forward. This update should remember your preferences when upgrading from version 2.0 or 2.1. Just close your gadget and install the updated version.

If anyone has any issues, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Nick

14. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Very nice, good job.

15. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    Yep, everything is fine here on Seven x64.
    Thanks Nick.

16. cnckane

cnckane Guest

GPU:
    Mobility 4650
    Best gagdet and works with mobility cards!

17. Fyew-jit-tiv

Fyew-jit-tiv Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 580 Hydro 3GB x2
    By far this is the best Gadget available.. Think you should change the name thou..From GPU Gadget to something like "Pro System Gadget"
    Reason why... Well "GPU gadget" narrows it down to just info about the GPU.. but this gadget does a whoooooole lot more than just monitor a GPU.

Nick you are a Genius dude.. I have dumped 8 gadgets for just 1..

18. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:
    Thanks for the compliment. But I can't take full credit on this....Unwinder and the RivaTuner plugin authors provide the data. Without them.....this would just be an empty gadget :)

19. Fyew-jit-tiv

Fyew-jit-tiv Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 580 Hydro 3GB x2
    Nick.. Is there any chance you can change the refresh interval to support Milliseconds.?

20. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:
    You can open ""C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets\GPUMonitor.gadget\scripts\gadget.js"" in a text editor and change lines 36 and 124 from

myTimer = setInterval("onTimer()",prefWindow.refreshInterval*1000);

to

myTimer = setInterval("onTimer()",prefWindow.refreshInterval);

You will also need to edit the default value for new gadgets to ensure they do not launch at 3ms. So edit shared.js in the same directory from:

this.refreshInterval = 3;

to

this.refreshInterval = 3000;

Edit: on line 89

I know you have a smoking machine, but with all the data sources you are monitoring both RivaTuner.exe and Sidebar.exe are going to be taking a lot of resources. Just monitoring my GPU & CPU both processes are at 0%. But they both go to a consistant 1% when I add 30-40 other sources using a 1 second refresh. Just try it and monitor the usage to make sure it is acceptable for you.

- Nick

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010