Possible ideas for future Afterburner functionality upgrades

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Svein_Skogen

Svein_Skogen Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX570, ASUS+eVGA
    that's actually a very good idea. Tickbox in options for "close to system tray" would be on my wishlist as well. ;)

//Svein

2. seriousstas

seriousstas New Member

GPU:
    GTX480
    Please add the possibility of downsizing the program to system tray when I click on the "close" ( overheated its GTX 480 :( )

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Ok, that sounds reasonable. Don't think that too many users need it so I won't put it directly into the options window, but there will be a switch into configuration file allowing to enable such mode.

4. Unwinder

Time to show some of the features, which you can expect in v2.0.0 :) The most important changes cannot be disclosed now (we'd like to make a surprize and don't want the competitors to copy it):

- Some nice secret features, censored till launch
    - Added GeForce GTX 460 series graphics cards support
    - Added fan tachometer monitoring for NVIDIA graphics cards. Please take a note
    that not all graphics cards are tachometer reading capable. So depending on
    graphics card and cooling system fan tachometer monitoring can be unavailable
    - Optimized NVIDIA driver-level clock frequency monitoring codepath
    - Dynamic overclocking, voltage and fan speed limits. MSI Afterburner no longer
    uses static slider limits calibration and adjusts the limits dynamically when
    some external factors affect it (e.g. Overdrive clock limits on AMD cards or
    VGA BIOS voltage limits on NVIDIA GeForce GTX 400 cards)
    - New temperature hysteresis settings for software automatic fan control mode
    gives you additional way to improve cooling system thermal and acoustic
    parameters
    - Built-in skin sizes have been reduced due to optimized internal skin panels
    representation and optimized compiled bitmap cache
    - Optional skin compression ability in the built-in skin compiler. Skin format
    reference documentation has been updated to document new compression options
    - Minor built-in skins appearance tweaks
    - Now MSI Afterburner uses previously undocumented power user oriented startup
    mode via the task scheduler under Windows Vista / Windows 7. MSI Afterburner
    launch no longer requires UAC confirmation at Windows startup. Please take a
    note that Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 runtime libraries must be installed to
    get new startup mode working
    - Now MSI Afterburner automatically fixes startup link if <Start with Windows>
    or <Apply overclocking at system startup> is enabled but the registry or task
    scheduler startup entry is missing
    - Startup profile is now displayed in <Apply at Windows startup> option floating
    tooltip instead of the main window
    - Now power users can enable optional DirectInput based hotkeys handler via the
    configuration file. DirectInput based hotkeys processing can seriously reduce
    hotkey response time in the applications heavily loading CPU (mostly 3D games)
    and leaving not enough time for processing standard keyboard input message
    queues. Please take a note that enabling such sophisticated hotkeys handling
    mode can cause some system security applications (e.g. pro-active application
    behavior analysis module of KIS) to warn you about possible keylogging threat
    - Improved skin engine, now skinned controls support horizontal and/or vertical
    centering. Skin format reference guide has been updated to document these new
    alignment modes
    - MSI On-Screen Display server has been upgraded to version 3.7.2. New version
    gives you the following improvements:
    - Now screen capture events are identified visually by text message flashing
    in On-Screen Display during 0.25s
    - Built-in skin sizes have been reduced due to optimized compiled bitmap cache
    - Added configuration file switch allowing sending MSI Afterburner to system
    tray instead of closing on <Close> button click

Last edited: Jul 5, 2010

5. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    eta mid july? some r/t like new stuff
    are the secret stuffs xxx? like 3d boobs?:) j/k
    cant wait to get back benching with msi ab.

6. Unwinder

I'd say end of July. Launch date is linked with new MSI graphics cards launch date.

7. erm

erm Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 1GB
    but was released the version 1.6.1? what are the changes? Thx

8. Unwinder

Try to peek into the release notes. It clearly tells you that GTX 460 support is the only change.

9. Celeras

Celeras Banned

GPU:
    eVGA GTX780 ACX SC
    Just wanted to say thanks for this in particular Unwinder! It will go a long way in sure-ing up the Screencap inconsistency. Can't wait to find out the secrets you have in store too. Keep up the good work :cheers:

10. Unwinder

Celeras

No need to say different things in face to person and behind his back :D

P.S. I visit many forums including overclock.net ;)

11. Celeras

Celeras Banned

GPU:
    eVGA GTX780 ACX SC
    Like I haven't said the same things to your face? Got temp banned for it if you recall ;p Appreciating a new feature while having a distaste for you as a person are not mutually exclusive. So thanks again for adding something that was needed, cheers~

12. 01 Vlatce

01 Vlatce Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD6770 DC
    If it's possible to add profile names, and when you put the mouse over profiles in balloon tooltip to appear and profile name beside other informations.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  13. Licaon

Licaon Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX660Ti-OC
    We got at least 2 features in AB by having me arguing with Unwinder and it worth the hassle. :)

@Unwinder:
    What competitors? :3eyes:

14. Unwinder

YOU got what YOU wanted. And no, it doesn't worth the hassle. But it does worth wasting nerves and time. Too bad that some users share the logic of ego-morons like Celeras. Never respected people trying to get something with any means necessary. And never will. And if you think that making the posts about "pig-headed developer and big dick unwinder" like Celeras doing in other forums really helps to improve AB, then you're seriously mistaking, sorry. No need to continue, looks like we just live in different realities.

The changes are related to new important features of approaching custom design MSI graphics cards. We won't like to show it too early to prevent other brands from copying these hardware changes.

15. Svein_Skogen

Svein_Skogen Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX570, ASUS+eVGA
    I didn't know things were this bad.

But users treating developers like that, is one of the main reason so few free software projects survive (with the same developers) for long.

Unwinder, you have my sympathies for dealing with such tail-for-brains on a day to day basis, and still managing to treat other users respectfully, reply to suggestions, and have the stamina to keep on developing, even if these ungrateful wastes-of-air keep trying to destroy you wish for spending time on the project.

Thank you. ;)

//Svein

16. Celeras

Celeras Banned

GPU:
    eVGA GTX780 ACX SC
    Give it a rest dude. I came here and said thank you for a feature, and keep up the good work. Remember? You're the one who decided that would be the perfect opportunity to call me out on something I said to somebody else on another forum weeks ago. It should come as no surprise that this rudeness brought others out of the woodwork, since you seem to bump heads with everybody.

Take the compliment and let bygones be bygones.

17. Unwinder

No need to be chicken, small liar boy. This post have been made by you after your "thank you" here. So please search for other forum and don't let the door to hit you.

18. Celeras

Celeras Banned

GPU:
    eVGA GTX780 ACX SC
    It's funny that you tell me to use the search. Because if YOU used the forum search to get the exact date/time, you would see that post was before I came to say thank you. In fact, it was "Open1Your1Eyes0"s response that inspired me to do so to begin with. Not that the time is even remotely relevant to anything..

You're just proving everybodies point right now man. :bang: Someone tells you to keep up the good work, and you turn it into an argument in typical Unwinder fashion. Dig that hole deeper.

19. Pandorum

Pandorum Guest

GPU:
    ATI 5970
    Lmao this is hilarious. Note to self, never say thank you to Unwinder xDD!

20. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 3070
    oh yea!!!!!!
    Unwinder you are coding god :D

ignore the nay sayers...
    been using your software since I've had the "spanking new tnt2" a few weeks ago ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.