MSI Afterburner 2.2.2 (2012-06-20)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Olvik

Olvik Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080
    Eyefinity 7970 problem

Thank You...

I had to retrieve the file ATIPDLXX.DLL, because if it was not if the second GPU values ​​did not recognize me.
    This file is located in the MSI Afterburner folder after installation. Since the previous version and delete the above file, retrieving it from the trash.

A greeting.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I noticed that EVGA Precision X has a Framerate Target option (I'm not referring to the Framerate Limiter by the way as that is something else) which appears to be missing from MSI Afterburner v2.2.2 (unless I'm not looking in the right place for it). Is there any chance of that being added as I need to use Afterburner for a GPU Monitor sidebar gadget.

I found out that if I ran Precision X and set the Framerate Target to 60 fps that it would be applied to all my games even if it wasn't running in the background and I was using Afterburner instead. As such it means I have a workaround but it would be nice to have this option in Afterburner properly (if it is not already there, that is).

Thanks.

3. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Darren,

I "think" I recall reading that feature was an exclusive deal between Alex and EVGA.

I might be wrong though.

4. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    pny rtx 4090
    I think it is the same exact thing as the frame limiter in AB osd server, why would it be different other than the naming? The same osd server needs to be running for precision to limit fps as well

Edit- Sorry, you were correct. I think it is different for the 6xx series cards:)

5. Camberwell

Camberwell Member

GPU:
    MSI 780 Ti SLI @ 1150MHz
    OK I will try an older version. Do you know where i could download 2.2.0, I think that was the last one that worked properly but I cannot find it anywhere online....thanks!

6. anDrasch

anDrasch Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia
  7. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  8. bdub5886

bdub5886 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 G1 Gaming
    Thanks for the older version links, a lot of people post asking for the links.

9. Camberwell

Camberwell Member

GPU:
    MSI 780 Ti SLI @ 1150MHz
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  10. Simplex

Simplex Guest

GPU:
    MSI 2080Ti
    I also miss this feature in AB. I find it hard to believe that this is exclusive EVGA feature, as this is a built-in feature of the nvidia graphics card, not of the software.

Anyways, I think you can use nVidia Inspector to set the framerate target on the global profile, or separately for each game profile. Hope this helps.

Which cards exactly are affected? In my Gigabyte 670 OC the max power limit is still 111%.

11. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA

I should have them all, which build specific do you need ?

2.2.0 B15 ? => MSIAfterburnerSetup220Beta15

12. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    pny rtx 4090
    Why not use inspectors multi-display power mode to keep the clocks at 51Mhz and then use the latest AB without worries? Works perfectly fine for me but I did have to delay inspectors launch at boot via batch file as shown here to prevent it from interfering with AB overclocks. Other than that its the best option in my opinion

13. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    Ι don't think he's Unwinder... This guy here speaks humanely, unlike Unwinder who seems he's in a constant seizure condition.

14. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    ^ lol

Had a couple of Rhook.dll errors looks like i might need to uninstall n reboot, then install clean again

15. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    I miss unwinder and his light banter hope he is ok and visits us once in awhile.

16. basco

basco Guest

GPU:
    560tfII
  17. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Thanks for the next portion of personal insults. He is not me, I no longer spend time here on improving the tool, tired of wasting all free time on supporting software in exchange of seeing nothing but "dick", "prick", "douche" and "constant seizure condition".
    I hope you're not disappointed about "huge" changes list of 2.2.2, because this is direct result of your own activity in the forums and this is the only thing you'll see with future versions. So get what you pay for. So no more techincal support, no more betas, no more free functionality upgrades.

18. Irocing

Irocing Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 OC Edition
    Can't say I blame you.

But thier is always going to be the so called (Haters) who ruin it for everyone
    if they get a chance.

Roll with the flow, I do, When I come across them.
    Just unhappy people.LOL

Later:)

19. elbubi

elbubi Member Guru

GPU:
    MSi RTX 3070Ti
    Dear Unwinder, please don't take this silly people into account, don't let them ruin us (you and the ones who support you) the great experience MSi AB is...

20. erode

erode Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7970
    Dear Unwinder,

Your tool had been working wonderfully for me over the years across AMD and NVIDIA GPUs.

I've been trying your latest 2.2.2 on a Sony VAIO laptop running GT640M LE, however the voltages are locked (all voltage unlock settings enabled in preference) and the core clock seems to be hard locked at 540MHz despite the slider being able to offset much higher. Mem speed is fully unlocked so no problems there.

Any advice appreciated, just want to confirm if there's a way to override the limits.

Thank you.