NFS: Rivals 60FPS fix NOT working

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by StonedMagician, Nov 27, 2013.

1. StonedMagician

StonedMagician Guest

GPU:
    GTX 690
    I have a GTX 690, and an Intel Core i7 2600K @4.4GHz. I put in the parameters in the shortcut target, and once I launch the game, it works for a minute or two, and then it starts stuttering. And the way it stutters is like the framerate is constantly switching between 60 and something else (faster or slower I don't know). I've tried everything: enabling and disabling vsync (adaptive, smooth, normal), triple buffering, and lowering the graphics settings. Unless someone (anyone!) would be kind enough to come up with a fix, the only way I'm ever getting past this needless problem is with an official patch.

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Have you tried in origin ?

[​IMG]

3. StonedMagician

StonedMagician Guest

GPU:
    GTX 690
    Yes. I'm sorry, that's where I put it originally. I probably should have specified that.

UPDATE: I just tried the 45FPS trick (the same thing, just change the nmbers). Same goddamn result. I just can't believe I'm the only one with this problem. There's no way.
    WAIT: After the GameForceSimRate part what's the -Rsomethingsomething part?

Is there?

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Its just -Render.ResolutionScale which doesnt matter for the 60fps

5. StonedMagician

StonedMagician Guest

GPU:
    GTX 690
    Well, tried adding the "+" to the end, like some people have done, and that didn't work either. **** Ghost Games. Seriously, there was absolutely no need for this (2012 Most Wanted was by most of the same people, and it ran just fine), so why...never mind. I'm done trying to get this stupid problem solved. If anyone else has this problem, there's apparently nothing to be done.

6. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
  7. StonedMagician

StonedMagician Guest

GPU:
    GTX 690
    Thanks for the file, but tell me whether or not this is correct: I use NvidaInspector to open this profile, and then apply the NFS: Rivals EXE to it?

8. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    Assuming you know how to go into profile settings in inspector, theres an icon that has a green arrow pointing down toward a what resembles an hard disk.

Then select import profile(s) and add the profile ive created and linked above. Thats all.

9. Phreakuency

Phreakuency Guest

GPU:
    Asus Titan
    I thought if you changed it from 30fps it ruined the speed and timing?

10. StonedMagician

StonedMagician Guest

GPU:
    GTX 690
    Okay, so it turns out that the stuttering I mentioned only happens in certain areas. 75% of the time, 60FPS is smooth. It's not nearly a perfect solution, but I guess it'll have to do for now.

11. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    It should be patched, eventually. It needs a patch. Seems to me they locked it at 30FPS just because they weren't able to hold a steady 60FPS in time for the title launch, no other reason I could think of. NFS Most Wanted 2012 was 60FPS, although that had crazy FPS dips before it was patched in December. I'm guessing they didn't want to repeat that scenario.