RivaTuner goes final!

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, Dec 25, 2006.

1. dranom

dranom Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 9800 gx2
    THANK YOU UNWINDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:invasion:

2. Billabong

Billabong Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 9800GTX
    Saint Alexi - The Patron Saint of Video

Thank you for the years of hardwork and an excellent programme.

Enjoy your rest mate.

3. Kain

Kain Ancient Guru

Alexey Nicolaychuk
    For the last 7 seven years you have been working and researching and also making public and sharing with us all your effort.

Thans something I want to thank you.
    I have been using Riva Tuner since 2002 (old thoghts....) with my old Geforce Cards and between the testing effort between a lot of OCing and tweaking programs I decided Riva Tuner was the best tweaking registry program for Overclockers.

Specially when talking about Nvidia, I never hessitate on recomending Riva Tuner as the best software for tweaking. I will left aside ATI because I consider Nvidia has your 100% support here, and there are a lot of programs out there that compete well with ATI.

Actually, the real thanks I want to say appear when you want to max and discover more and more about your software (Riva?), and you start researching and programing a personal tweaking software for it.
    The point here is, that not every human is specially available to do that, many persons only want to use what they have at the hands (lets say, the final product) and they really dont even think on looking whats behing it (programer, software, codification etc etc), so they really dont care about it, as long as their product works, they will be happy.

As Ive said, there exists a very little percentage of people who actually think about the thinks (why do they exist and how) and you´ve demosntrated youre one of them.

With that effort, the world could go higher and be much better than now.

Well.
    I will try your latest Riva Tuner version (is it possible to use it 100% with my GPU?) and wel...

Enjoy your life (not only Chirstmas... but all you do every day).

Greetings
    Kain

4. MetalFox

MetalFox Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 DCII
    [​IMG]

not the greatest on earth... lame yeah fast... ? yeah.

Anyways just a small tribute and so on.

5. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 3070
    I personally want to thank you for your SUPERB dedication to this proyect and I grant ya all the vacation time you really need, even if eventually rivatuner 2 Final, really is the final of all...

I've been using it since I have my TNT2, in other words shortly after you made it public.

not all the smiley's and faithfull users can express to you the many thanks you deserved, in the beginning you learned from nvidia, but shortly after you tought nvidia what it was to take it to the "nth degree" like they used to say.

and even more now with ATIs..

thx and a applause and a rave it's desserved, and then a nice long rest

6. jacky89

jacky89 Member

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years! Thanks for the gift!

btw, I can't get the fan speed setting to work for my 8800gts. I try to set it so the fan speed will change upon detection of 3D apps, but I tried so many times and still don't work. Any pointers would be great!

7. dboniuk

dboniuk Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 3090 OC
    Been a great ride. Thanks again for all your hard work.
    Enjoy the holiday season, and enjoy your rest. Hope to see you back soon.

DJB

8. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Thanks for your kind words, guys. Please understand me correctly, I really don't want to drop the project. But I physically need a rest, because I feel that I'm deadly tired of coding/answering the questions daily. I'll spend few more days here to ensure that I've not introduced any troubles in the final release, then the rest will begin. I'll try to self restore during a few months, and if I'll be able to do it - I'll gladly continue development and the project support.
    Please don't feel offence if I won't reply to your questions in the forums / via email / ICQ. I'm pretty sure that if you'll post the questions here you'll be able to find help from other users.
    Thanks for understanding.

9. Mostafa Hijazi

Mostafa Hijazi Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 980 Ti SC+ SLI
    first of all merry christmas to you all. i would like to take this opportunity to thank www.guru3d.com, hilbert, unwinder for all the efforts done to make our life easier. i would also like to thank all the gurus here for their help on anything thing i was going through. it's been great since i joined guru3d and i'm sure it'll get better than that.

so once again i would like to say merry christmas and happy new year.

10. WaroDaBeast

WaroDaBeast Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950
    Thanks a lot Unwinder, and merry Christmas to you ! :)

11. binormalkilla

binormalkilla Master Guru

GPU:
    HD4870X2 XSPC water block
    Yes Unwinder, you really need to unwind (chuckle chuckle chuckle........:() I love your application, and I'm sure that I speak for everyone that uses it, that it really is the best overclocking and tweaking app for ATI and NVidia. This shows how much time that you put into it! Also, be aware that you wrote the first and only application that could successfully OC the X1950 Pro's core and memory:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
    A very big thanks, and I hope to see your apps in the future!
    VERY satisfied supporter,
    Lee

P. S. I had NO idea you were doing this for so long! ATI should soooo hire you to redesign Overdrive, becuase your software totally pwns it! LMAO

12. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    thankyou very much unwinder, you have helped me to push my system further than i knew possible. Well earnt rest awaits you :)

13. rautamiekka

rautamiekka Member

GPU:
    GF8600GS 256MB+256MB
    Yeah, have a nice rest, Unwinder. But a small question about new graphic drivers: how long it takes your to code the support for new drivers ? RivaTuner RC16.1 was released about one week after Catalyst 6.11 came out ... But of course if you hadn't coded the other fixes, it would have been released about two days later than the new driver ... Am I right ?

14. Malbeth

Malbeth Active Member

Supposing for a moment AMD's graphics&platform department were to hire him, what task do you think he'd receive? :p

15. Rick James

Rick James Member Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800 gt @ 425/1120
    Thanks for all your hard work!

16. quendil

quendil Member

GPU:
    7600GS 256MB AGP (Silent)
    A big thank you and the deepest respect!!!

:dave:

17. binormalkilla

binormalkilla Master Guru

GPU:
    HD4870X2 XSPC water block
    Redesigning the Overdrive plugin for ATI Catalyst Control Center (it sucks in it's current state)

18. tm101

tm101 Active Member

GPU:
    Club3D 7800GT @ 473/1134
    Thanks for the great tool, it's a permanent runner on my system!

And I wish you and your family a happy New Year and a good start into a new life cycle. Take care!:supercool

19. evert.999

evert.999 Active Member

GPU:
    vga 512kb
    Bummer that you stop with rivatuner, although i can imagening there are other things in life that asks attention besides programming and such :). You did i great job with your tool, i am using it for years now, i even managed to get my name on the beta test list (credits part, Evert :p)

But, never say you quit for ever! You will be back, the time you are taking 'free' will give you 'time' to think of new projects, bigger, better, different, etc. ;) So will see, have a nice time! Take care dude.

20. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    a great tool, the fan speeds work on my card too 1% increments work