For anyone considering the new X-Fi Xtreme Audio

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by stormy, Oct 11, 2006.

1. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    That's about right. They are basically the same card. With exceptions of the 64m,b of X-Ram but it has been pointed out that not too many games even use that yet and it's in debate if it even helps at all! so I wouldn't pay out for it. Seems like a gimmack to me.

2. nathant

nathant Member

GPU:
    HIS X1950XT TUB 256mb
  3. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    You can get 2GB of local memory instead ****ty 64MB of onboard X-RAM. What you'll need more? X-RAM in those 3 titles or 2GB more of regular RAM that can be used in ALL games without exception? I'd go with the later...

4. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I am with RejZor, X-Ram is a extra expense with limited returns. I seriously doubt it will ever be adopted on a large scale...

5. Cycloid

Cycloid Master Guru

GPU:
    2x256MB Geforce 7800GTs in SLi
    X-Fi imo is the best Sound card ever to see (hear!) the light of day!

Only crap I had was with the "Digital Out" only able to do PCM aka 2.1 Sound feed which ment I had to trash my Digital Only speakers if I ever wanted to do some 4.1/5.1 or 7.1 speaker configurations!

6. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I can tell you haven't heard a X-Meridian yet. AS for the digital out the X-Meridan is the best card for digital speaker systems aswell. X-Fi's are great cards also..

7. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    For digital, X-Meridian is an obvious choice, but for analog, i'd always go with X-Fi.

8. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Yep, the ExtremeMusic (NOT ExtremeAudio!!!) performs on par with the Fatal1ty FPS I have now.......as to why I had gotten the FPS, I'm still wondering about that myself.:behead:

9. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Your a victim of "Creative" marketing!! J/K, for the most part if guys come in here asking which X-fi to buy they are always pointed to the Xtreme Music.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2006
  10. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    Of course. X-Fi XM offers everything that other expensive models have. Without useless crap that just adds up to the buy price. Like X-RAM for example...

11. Deadman93723

Deadman93723 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    I got a Circuit City gift card for $50, and I was already going to get the ExtremeMusic, so I just put all my money together and got a X-Fi Fatal1ty pro, and man, it sounds good!!! Yeah, I may never see the XRam get utilized much, but this card sure beats my old Audigy 2 ZS.

12. Steven Hone

Steven Hone Paolo the Gun

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3090 3X OC
    Im thinking about getting it :)

Whats the ms latency from it?

13. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Latency of which?

14. Scottishampster

Scottishampster New Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800 Ultra
    had to do it......

Question? I own an audigy 2ZS and would like to know what EAX is and what does it do? Is my 1st posting so no beef back please.....thx

15. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Eax are effects routines in the Creative labs cards. Newer games can access these routines for instance if you go into a big room the reverb engine in the card will make it sound as your in a big room. this is a simplified answer but it give you the picture. Newer version like EAX 4 & 5 can do multiple environments at once -hearing refelctions from a cave echoing down a stone hallway. Hope this helps. Some people love EAX others not so much.

16. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    if u want more realistic sound effects and some more accuracy in sound positioning (like when you can tell someone is shooting at you from behind) you should enable EAX 3.0 or EAX-HD (aka EAX 4.0), but it comes with a price, since gaming performance will suffer a bit and you will lose some FPS. hope this helps...

17. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Hi , all i read whole topic and so :

I have got and X-Fi Gamer. Using the XFi Drivers no problems.
    No problems in games. I switched from ALC880(50?). I gain huge boost in performace. But not that is important.. the sound quality is amazing.
    I Was wondering about the chip... so i removed heatsink. It says
    "X-Fi" on it. The processor is extremaly hot .. with out heatsink sound started to be crapy or even disapear when enabled 5.1.
    Heatsink is hot when on.

I am very happy with the card. NIce sound quality and performace .
    For me around 15-30%.

18. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Yes, the X-fi Extreme gamer has a true X-fi chip. The extreme audio doesn't have a true X-fi processor.

19. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    They why the hell they(Creative) tell **** to player naming it "X-Fi".
    Curious thing i found on Creative web site... There is no precise specification of X-Fi Audio . Are they trying to hide something ?

20. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    That is just Creative. They are very "fudgy" when it comes to their spec's they have actually been sued for saying a card can do something it cannot.
    This Extrem audio will be sold to alot of people who don't know any better. I would say if your gonna buy a X-Fi ateast get a real one with a true 20KX processor.