Farscape

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by RedSeptember, May 22, 2013.

1. RedSeptember

RedSeptember Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 690 4gb
    Hi Guru's,

Did anyone watch this show?

I used to watch it in my younger years and I am re-watching it all again.

I love it :D, just love the character's so much i just want to..

2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Watched it every now and again when it was on tv, didn't follow the plot though.

Rewatched it in like 2007, really good, then again some point in 2011-2012, got it all except peacekeeper wars.

Such a good show though.

3. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    I have all the seasons + peacekeeper wars + the 1st 6 comics, it was a great show and the comics do well with continuing the story. Every time I watch the discs I get sad when its over, and just start re-watching the series again. Another thing I like is how the producers/writers of stargate SG-1 poked fun at the fact Ben Browder and Claudia Black were in that show when they 1st appeared on SG-1 together (and later paid tribute to Farscape).

4. suture

suture Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX
    That show is so freaking awesome ^^

5. reno_skychaser

reno_skychaser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASRock RX 6600 XT
    Used to catch it on TV about a decade ago, but didn't seriously sit down and watch it all until recently. And yes, I absolutely love it too. Scorpius was just the best sci-fi character ever.

6. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

It was good because it was different. A good different, a not-so-good different is the show Lexx, but even even that can be a good thing!

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2013
  7. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    I liked it better than star wars / star trek. According to what I read they cancelled it because it was too expensive to make, not because it was unpopular.

Only problem with it is it takes a little bit for the muppets to grow on you. That and a decent chunk of Season 1 was physically painful to watch.

I really miss the old combo of SG-1 + Farscape that was some fun stuff.

I tried to watch Lexx, but they were just too obsessed with being different for the sake of being different. That and sticking phallic symbols everywhere. Some of the episodes were watchable though.

8. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Yeah that's what I read as well, and then Syfy let them come back with the miniseries to give the show a conclusion of sorts. As even with how The Peacekeeper Wars ended they could continue, and they did with the comic books.

9. reno_skychaser

GPU:
    ASRock RX 6600 XT
    I rewatched Lexx at the same time, was trying to catch up on all the classic scifi tv i missed. Seasons 1 and 2 of Lexx were great, 3 and 4 got very stale. Actually the way 3 and 4 played out, it was effectively a single very long season, mostly all of the same characters.

10. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Yup, watched it on it's original run through on British TV then got the full boxset about two years ago and it was partly because of Stargate, any resident Stargate fans will know why. Here's a hint

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8ivnFZiGNM

So yeah awesome show and awesome bad guy in Scorpy.

[​IMG]

11. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    '200' is one of my favorite SG-1 one episodes. Especially the part where Vala is describing Farscape to Marty, and he basically goes, "I dunno what the hell you're talking about." Also was a bit funny seeing Amanda Tapping as Chiana, Ben Browder as Stark, Christopher Judge as D'argo, and Micheal Shanks as John Crichton. Would've been funny had they also parodied Rygel (or Scorpius).

12. reno_skychaser

GPU:
    ASRock RX 6600 XT
    The.... alien guy at the end was Rygel.

Sorry I don't follow or like the two main Stargate series. Maybe if there hadn't been a movie that was a childhood favorite of mine with a completely different tone, I could have enjoyed them more.

13. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    How could I miss that, Thor as Rygel seems just right, and I've seen that SG-1 episode a ton of times, maybe its because that segment is so short.

14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Thx for the tip RedSeptember, watching ep7 right now lol
    marathon time :p

15. RedSeptember

RedSeptember Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 690 4gb
    I'm on 18 :3

16. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    yeah I was sad panda when the show ended.

I cant find anything else that was good as that show.

any new sci fi show that comes out sucks.

and Im really big on space sci fi, and now theirs nothing...........

expect defiance. but still its not very spacy.

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  17. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    I finished watching Firefly and Serenity and i was after something to continue on to.

I obtained many different series new to me, Battlestar, Lexx, Andromeda, Stargate, Star Trek, Babylon 5 etc.

The first one I was informed to watch for a similiar type plot was Farscape.

First started watching it, it felt wierd to me with English speaking aliens etc, but it grew quickly.

i wont go into details, but when i watched the last Episode of season 4 on the train, i actually shed a tear. I simply bonded with the show and characters so much, the end was getting near and i didnt want it to end. (Only the peacemaker wars left).

I agree with dsbig, i am well into season 4 of Babylon 5, dont get me wrong its a show i really love but its the 1% missing that just puts it below Farscape for me. I think the thing Farscape really is the whole idea of the characters and how much of an affect they have on the viewers.

Recommendation is watch it.

Back to the list up top i have all them to go through before i loop back round and start on Firefly. Then after that its Farscape again. I cannot wait.

18. Silent_Takedown

Silent_Takedown Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 770 WF3
    Greatest. Show. Ever.

I watched it in it's original run on tv in the UK. Definitely my favourite sci-fi tv show. I haven't actually got around re-watching it yet but I will. I honestly felt lost when the show ended :(.

19. Speed Weed

Speed Weed Guest

GPU:
    GTX 260+
    On the strength of all your recommendations, I've just newly ordered all four seasons from Amazon. ;)

20. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Last edited: May 23, 2013