DPC latency

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Solace50, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Solace50

Solace50 Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 560 ti 2gb SLI
    whats considered proper DPC latency from a video driver.

also whats the most recent driver with low DPC latency. 6xx series supported "if any exist"

currently its 100ms-500-ms on spikes.

2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Run LatencyMon.
    High DPC latency can be caused by anything, not only video drivers..

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    the 306.23 drivers are 100-600 latency i once seen then hit 1k+Every other driver is usual 100-200if that for me

4. npdoss

npdoss Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming N780 TF
    using the latest driver306.23 WHQL i get ~50 with spikes to ~450:puke2: but the same system with gtx275 i never get spikes more than 150

5. npdoss

npdoss Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming N780 TF
    I did use it it point to the graphics card driver.

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    that is cause it is the drivers. Nvidia drivers the only drivers that even get they high, MY realtek network drivers use to spike to 600 ever 5 min, but I fixed that by changed the drivers.

7. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
  8. Solace50

Solace50 Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 560 ti 2gb SLI
    theres a known issue with realteks latest drivers na you need to roll back to .53 and with earlier intel drivers for NIC's. i change my mobo and it has a intel chipset for NIC now instead of the awful realteak one. i ask about the drivers since i would like to maintain a low latency despite my asus essence hits 100-200 sometimes for audio which isnt all that bad but still up there. the nvidia drivers exceeding 500+ is pretty awful when i recall back in the day the most i would see is 150 or so.

9. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    Solace you can try brainbits low dpc driver (choose low dpc during install).

10. snorge

snorge Guest

GPU:
    gtx 970 SLI
    .53 is the latest realtek driver without the problem?

11. inplayruns

inplayruns Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon 6600 XT
    You talking about the unified xonar drivers right?

12. Solace50

Solace50 Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 560 ti 2gb SLI
    those brainbits drivers are a mere placebo effect unless your actually using some of the features in the asus control panel that contribute to the DPC latency. all they do is use either a different c-panel/driver which limits certain features and the default latency is the same. Ive tried all 3 versions of the install for brainbits and never once noticed a dramamtic drop in latency. loading up a game or a song still gave 100-150us with spikes to 200 for the auido driver with about 110 average idle.

13. The Lengthy One

The Lengthy One Guest

GPU:
    2x 680 SLI
    I have no idea how to use/read this tool or really what it is for, how long should you leave it running? it seems I have allot of hard page faults which does not sound good at all.

[​IMG]

14. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    leave it running for around 30 min. or so...while running, go browsae the internet, play a game, watch videos and listen to music..etc etc..

then u look at the latency monitor and make screens of the MAIN tab, processes and driver tab...

then you should see a lot more..55 seconds is certanly not enough.-.

-BetA-

15. snorge

snorge Guest

GPU:
    gtx 970 SLI
    Looks a lot better than mine lol. I don't know if those hard faults are bad or not I had it open about 12 minutes from system boot and browsing the web have thousands. I am running fancycache if that makes any difference.

[​IMG]

16. Solace50

Solace50 Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 560 ti 2gb SLI
    well supposedly the nvida reps check the forums periodically. if enough people pmed/reported it you may get some quicker results as this is something i doubt they would be noticing initally for the 6 series. i would make the assumption that its related to the dynamic clocking since most of the power saving features usually tend to have DPC issues on hardware. like intels speed step used to

17. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Looks normal to me, I get hard pagefaults out the ass too. Programs that use a large amount of memory (security software, browsers, etc) are bound to have tons of them.

18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    mostly why i dont use any power saving anything on my pc/desktop. For a Laptop sure, but i dont see a point to any of that on desktop.

19. Cosmitz

Cosmitz Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 660TI
    52006 max hard pagefault @ 3176 counts
    530 highest DPC

Don't know how much it helps. Running 306.23@660ti.

20. snorge

snorge Guest

GPU:
    gtx 970 SLI
    I disabled power saving features in both Windows and my Bios and it reduced them down to the hundreds instead of thousands, when playing a game or something the cpu should be maxed out anyway so I doubt it is a problem.