GTX 690 GPU problem?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by NyQuil, Mar 8, 2013.

1. NyQuil

NyQuil Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780
    [​IMG]

I keep having an issue with certain games and my 690 not using both GPU's. Just one. Using Precision X and using the GPU monitor via OSD it will show GPU 1 maybe at 50% and the other at around 3 to 1%. It's set in Nvidia Control Panel to use both but it just won't. I seem to have this issue with Tomb Raider and Sniper Elite ***** Zombie Army.

I am currently on 314.07. I have tried 314.14 and 311.06 and it's the same. It used to work just fine so I am thinking something got messed up during driver installs. I have ran Driver Sweeper and re-installed 314.07 and still have this issue.

Can anyone help me shed some light on this?

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    both games are missing SLI profiles.

For Tombraider add its exe to hitman absolution

For ***** zombie army add its exe to Sniper Elite V2

*you can add both exe files with nvinspector by each profile.

3. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    The ***** zombie does not work onthe sniper elite profile it crashes the game for me but the 314.07 driver has a proper profile for the zombie game.:)

Also NyQuil forget nvidia control panel, download nvidia inspector and use that instead.

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^^
    hmm, it does?

Im using 314.14 driver and i had to add NZA.exe to SniperELite2 to have a profile, otherwise there was just a raw exe path in nvcpl profile.. I was to lazy to create a new one :D

5. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    you can run the game with forced afr2 at least thats what I heard

6. NyQuil

NyQuil Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780
    I did exactly this and it fixed my problem. I moved up to 314.14 again and used Nvidia Inspector and all is well.

Thanks for the advice :)

7. NyQuil

NyQuil Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780
    I did this as well. I was still on 314.07. I used Nvidia Inspector to get SLI going on Tomb Raider and added the exe for ***** zombie into Nvidia Control Panel and it updated the profile for SLI... that's something that 314.07 didn't do.

8. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli

In the nvidia inspector, under sli mode, try putting it on auto-select, sometimes in some games in some instances will work, but question, what resolution your running your games at? Are you using insane aa settings within nvidia inspector? This card wont show anything unless you crank everything up and I mean everything.

LOL, Still playing FFXI online, most I ever had on both gpus were like 70+ or something like that, downsampled resolution 2475X1536, along with nvinspector's highest aa setting and all others, old game but looks alot cleaner then theses home consoles can ever do and speaking of online games, I went back on tera online, I had the game over 2gb of video ram used up, so the card is out of vram, 4gb card(2gb per gpu), still 2gb, if you dont believe me, look up msi afterburner and look closely on the vram usage both single and dual gpu operation mode, I wasnt bit surprised that the vram usage did not change, if its 1.5gb vram usage on 1 gpu only, if you enable 2, its still going to be 1.5gb usage.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  9. cmgver

cmgver Guest

GPU:
    gtx 690
    i really need help with my 2x gtx 690 quad sli escalation issues please!

I've read a lot of ppl with troubles with the 2x gtx 690 sli escalation but didnt find any solution jet :( Please help! How did u solve your problems with ur 2 x gtx 690 quadsli scalation problems? my email es cmgver[at]gmail

My quadsli doesnt work with many games, i have drastically drops of FPS from 130 to 10 in games like battlefield 4 and i cannot use sorround 3 screens in many games too. I discover by accident that when i use no SLI configuration then it works better with no FPS drops, so is not the RAM or CPU.

I bought the two gtx 690 for 3 screen sorround rig, in that moment i had three 27' cinemadisplays but the performance was horrible, i thought it was not possible, but now i have only one screen and the same problems persist :/

My rig is:
    2x gtx 690
    mb asus rampage IV extreme
    cpu 3930k
    4 x 4 gb Tridentx G Skill
    2 x 128 gb ocz vertex 3 RAID 0
    1 x 4 tb western digital caviar black
    monitor Asus swift PG278Q with g-sync
    windows 8.1 64 bits

bios firmware in my 690s are: 80.04.1E.00.90 80.04.1E.00.91

i updated the ASUS RAMPAGE IV EXTREME to the latest bios firmware 4901

Thanks a lot! and i will appreciate any clue of how to solve my problem.
    CM

10. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Holy 690 thread ressurections. 1 flipping thread per subject. 10 different threads will likely result in no one helping you.