266.58 WHQL Out

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by burebista, Jan 18, 2011.

?

Better or worst than previous sets?

1. Better

64.4%
  2. Worst

19.2%
  3. Same

16.3%
  1. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    uhh, just found out that my hdtv looks strange with these drivers..so i wanted to see whats up and, UH oh..same oll s hit again..

[​IMG]

i cant set my NATIVE resolution in 32bit colors, only 16 bit..WTF..Cmon Nvidia..what the heck...

2. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    Then get a regular PC monitor. I love my 120Hz Viewsonic. The drivers work perfect with a PC monitor...

3. Nono06

Nono06 Guest

GPU:
    4080 RTX
    Also, could someone check if the bug with ycbcr444 color space has been fixed or not ?

Thanks
    (I will not be able to try them before few days)

4. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    mmhmmmm, no there's not.
    I have reinstalled geforce drivers like 30 times in my current OS install and Windows 7 64Bit still runs like new.

5. ashiohsiao

ashiohsiao Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 780
    Hi,

I just found that the new WHQL has been released, so I decided to go ahead and download it and give it a try.

Benchmarking:

260.99 WHQL
    3D Mark 06 24558
    3D Mark Vantage 25526

266.35 Beta
    3D Mark 06 24367
    3D Mark Vantage 25617

266.58 WHQL
    3D Mark 06 24698
    3D Mark Vantage 26323

Gaming wise, I have found 266.85 to be pretty much the same as 266.35. Since I use vertical sync in all my games, I can't really tell which provides higher frame-rate in games. Overall speaking, both of them are smoother and have less stuttering compared with 260.99. Like 266.35, 266.58 also allows me to choose Fixed-Aspect Ratio while 260.99 does not.

Games that I have tested with include:
    - Assassin's Creed 2
    - Splinter Cell Conviction
    - Devil May Cry 4
    - Ninja Blade
    - Transformers: War for Cybertron
    - Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (Both 266.35 and 266.58 allow forcing AA)
    - Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
    - Mini Ninjas

P.S. I set everything high with 4x AA, and I am not sure if the AA bug of 266.35 has been fixed with this release since I do not have that game people have been talking about.

Hope this helps out! :)

6. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    Works for me.

7. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Good so people can finally stop whining that it has been a month since they got new drivers.

8. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Guest

Never fails how come new drivers come out while I'm at work. Oh well guess I can test them on my work PC, 7300GT and Win XP.:biggun:

9. DJ_Casper

DJ_Casper Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4070 Dual
    Why do people like you think that someone speak with you?

I forgot to add :" My IMHO!"

10. Aveon

Aveon Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2
    I Have been playing MOHA 2010 lets see if this makes a fix .
    And of course NFSHP counts as well.
    Will report soon the results.
    Mean while waiting for more reviews.

11. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    first i dont have money for an 120 hz monitor..second it is an regular philips hdtv..and its supposed to workk..it did with the 259.8? quadros ..

so, anyway, its not an great answer to say buy an better monitor..lol..

Why change it when it did work all the time, but since 260 drivers its all messed up...

12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Awesome news... been waiting for bug-fixed WHQL drivers for a while now. The 266.35/266.44 beta drivers were only let down by the silly AA bug so hopefully that has been fixed.

Must say that since I've switched back to NVIDIA and a single GPU card I've had no real issues with any games such that I can now play them properly, you know actually enjoy them and not have to mess around for days getting CrossFireX to work with the latest games. Absolute bliss! :D

13. boOzy

boOzy Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon R290
    I wonder if driver versions have changed at all from 266.35.. that one gave me 3 fps more in BFBC2 and even little bit smoother than the great 256.90 which is pretty well done. This one is probably much the same but i guess it doesn't hurt to install :)

14. dennymoofoo

dennymoofoo Member Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 GTX 570 @ stock
    wtf? After installing these drivers now my gtx 570 makes a screeching noise when it renders certain 2d images and videos!! Its worse when i load up the sims 3 and it plays the intro videos and sits at the menu. Its like a high pitched whining noise. Does anyone else have this problem?

15. Crisis66

Crisis66 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970
    Finally no more stuttering in Crysis with these drivers coming from 263.09WHQL. It was a long wait, but at least these drivers seem to be worth it.

16. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Can anyone confirm whether the AA bug (8xAA or higher) has been fixed with these drivers please?

I'm wondering if it hasn't because these are WHQL certified which means that they'd have been submitted a few weeks ago, possibly before Christmas, and the bug in the 266.35 beta drivers was only acknowledged by NVIDIA on the 4th January when they confirmed it existed on their GeForce.com forum.

17. Nono06

Nono06 Guest

GPU:
    4080 RTX
    That is a good news, but some people reported that was already working on previous driver for 4xx/5xx gpu serie.
    I remember you and I were waiting for a fix but I can not remenber if you were already using a 480 GTX.
    Was YCBCR444 already working with 266.44/45 ?

18. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I have AAx8 on NFS-HP and running flawlessly. I should add the quality of AA seems to have improved and is more consistent as well.

19. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Well NFS: HP was one of the few games that wasn't affected by the bug with the 266.35 and 266.44 beta drivers as it didn't crash for me either and I was using 8xAA too.

However, Just Cause 2 hung when I tried 32xCSAA after a few minutes, requiring a manual exit with Task Manager, so I'd say if that still works on that setting without crashing then the issue has been fixed. Obviously I'll test it myself later when I get home from work.

I noticed that no mention is made in the release notes about this bug being fixed and it was the only major issue with the previous beta drivers. If it has been fixed in this release I would have expected NVIDIA to have mentioned it.

20. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Try different levels of AA. The difference above 8 or 16 is almost imperceptible tbh.