Functional 4-Way SLi PASCAL Titan X

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by venturi, Aug 21, 2016.

1. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX

There are so many places to start, but here is a good starting point.

Go to the Guru3D forums, go to the nvidia driver section, and in there there are 4 sticky posts that walk you through a lot of custom profile stuff.
    You'll learn compatibility bits, using the inspector, and which coolbits work with what games

Get the latest version of inspector

2. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    To get it going for the first time just get an evga v2 4-way sli bridge, get everything set up

Then if you're not getting the performance you want you can buy 3 more bridges to cannibalize them into an 8 socket super sli bridge.

I'm going to try in the next few weeks to post a how to

3. skylinestx

skylinestx Guest

GPU:
    4x Titan X Pascal
    would you be so kind as to create a youtube video showing how you would create a custom profile for crysis 3 and gta v? thanks

4. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    I'm not really big on making videos and posting fluid quality content but I'll give it a try

5. skylinestx

skylinestx Guest

GPU:
    4x Titan X Pascal
    thanks man really appreciate that!

6. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Out of curiosity, how is latency in games on a beast like that? On 980's SLI i had horrible latency and micro-stutter.

7. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    On the titles I play, when I'm done optimizing, I usually don't have latency or micro stutter.

Let me qualify that statement.

There are some titles that I am still not happy with

example:
    Witcher 3
    No Man's Sky
    Star Citizen

The witcher 3 I think I have resolved finally, but still testing

I got it running well, but on occasion there are scenes that seem to just not work well and I get micro stutter

No Man's sky, so far is just a mess. To qualify that statement, at 4096x2160 and max eye candy, the game is just poorly made. Maybe it plays well at 1920 or at maybe 2560. But i'm not interested in playing low. I mean beyond graphics the game being a POS, the story is worse and its not as open ended as they manifested. I finished the story and all I have is disappointment.

Star Citizen alpha 2.5
    Well I get micro stutter at 4096x2160 max candy. With or without SLi it shows a lot of promise, but as of now running in high rez is not there. At least this is still early on on an evolving large game.

So the answer is, most of my games are smooth, a few are issues.

I don't do Steam anymore. I don't believe in the purchasing a license to rent to play. A game should run natively, with full content, without a third party app having to be present. Otherwise, YOU DIDN'T BUY A GAME, you bought access to play it.

So I don't have the plethora of new titles at my disposal. The few recent titles I have I had to make sure they run from their own exe/folder and without third party add ons. I buy my games.

But, that's a different rant.

Anyhow, I'm working on Star Citizen, Witcher 3, Doom, We Happy Few, and a few other titles. I have uninstalled No Man's Sky, some things you have to give up on.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  8. skylinestx

skylinestx Guest

GPU:
    4x Titan X Pascal
    any updates on the video? thanks again

9. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    not yet, haven't gotten to it.
    This whole working for a living thing keeps getting in the way ;)

10. skylinestx

skylinestx Guest

GPU:
    4x Titan X Pascal
    so true buddy, i appreciate you making a vid to help me setup my rig for 4 way. not really understanding the profile thing tbh. will be great when you sort one out ;)

11. skylinestx

skylinestx Guest

GPU:
    4x Titan X Pascal
    hi buddy, i know i asked you to create a video but could you pm me how to setup custom profiles to utilise my 4 way setup. i have the 4 cards and 2 of them are useless at the moment lol. appreciate all your help. regards

12. skylinestx

skylinestx Guest

GPU:
    4x Titan X Pascal
    emailed you!

13. prodigy88

prodigy88 Guest

GPU:
    64 ddr4
    Thanks again, 'will be waiting

14. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090

Care to share your .nip files?
    And, how did you get Layers of Fear (Unity engine) to run in SLI, I can't get it to run at exclusive fullscreen which is needed for SLI?

15. Blackbirdtg

Blackbirdtg Guest

GPU:
    3x Nvidia Titan Pascal
    If possible, can you send me the profile information?
    I did found some settings but I'm not sure is all is correct (probably not :-S)

Thank you in advance.
    Blackbirdtg

16. shiokarai

shiokarai Guest

GPU:
    3 x Titan X Pascal
    Well, the question is - was this patched in recent 372.90 drivers?

17. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Very nice bangin' system you got there my friend but I only got one question to ask out of all of this:

Despite your gpu usage being high on all gpu's, have you personally checked the performance yourself(FPS Wise speaking), from 1 gpu then to 2 and so on???

Reason why I asked, for example, While I am playing doom(2016) @ 4k with prettie much maxed out settings, I measured the performance while using one gpu, then I went to sli mode, with prettie much excellent scaling and yet it didn't even double the performance, probably more like 50% increase in performance and both gpu's show's like well over 90% usage.

So I was just wondering if you personally tested the gpu's while going to single gpu mode, then 2 and so on and measure the fps there, despite your scaling being prettie good.

Thanks again.

18. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX

yes
    I tested it as I ramped up each GPU and the relative result in FPS

i watched it scale from single to all 4 in the same manner, in several appa that were fully optimized for 4 gpu so that other factors would be playing a factor.

The scaling went from 124FPS to 430FPS as the gpu count rose at 4096x2160.
    Other factors that had to mitigated were the inclusion of V-synch and screen use percentage, and extended scaling such as running a game at 200% resolution (8k), frame caps/limits run at unlimited, turn off frame smoothing, all to make the cards work -otherwise they might all 4 gpus sit at 55% and so forth.

in your case, Doom is quite unique, as i am still sorting doom4 and just about gave up on No man's Sky

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  19. prodigy88

prodigy88 Guest

GPU:
    64 ddr4
    evga bridge conf.

I recently saw this https://youtu.be/TXt8ZAODbxw excellent video by the way,thanks thirty IR! but he didn't explain step by step on how to trick the computer that it has the hb bridge in 4 way sli or just to get rid of the message that pops up! but if Venturi or Thirty IR can explain on how to enable will be really appreciated.

sorry for bad spelling English is not my first language

20. Do your parents know what you spend money on?