Deep Down

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Aug 1, 2013.

1. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Ha Ha Ha.

2. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Very disapointed now. I'm so anti F2P.

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Well we dont know any details yet.
    IMHO if its like killer instinct on xbox one its good. i mean play for free with one character , and pay about $20 for all characters.
    to me that sounds like a demo , and the full game for $20.

4. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)

5. angmar

angmar Guest

wannabe dark souls.

6. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I hope sony make a true successor to demon's souls.

7. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    That should have been Deep Down.
    Frankly I dislike the F2P model so no DD for me. It killed my hyped for the game instantly.

8. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Yep whilst the game does look good and impressive for the bad hardware its running on I can't help but think this is going to be littered with micro transactions left right and centre. Very bad move from CAPCOM, though I suppose this is what we are going to see more and more of in the next gen realm. Sad really, I miss the days where you payed £40 and you got the full game end of.

9. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    PS4 is bad hardware now ? I've seen it all. It's a very capable piece of tech, no question about that. It doesn't need to rival/outclass current high-end GPUs.
    It will punch way above its weight, especially in the GPGPU department.

I agree with this, I hope it won't spread to every game.

10. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    You think that PS4 and Xbox One have good hardware!? They are getting APU's designed for Laptops/Tablets. The only impressive thing about them is the PS4 using GDDR5 unified memory.

Give it another five years and these consoles will be outdated by Tablets and Smartphones easily. Just look up Project Logan from Nvidia and tell me it won't happen.

Optimizations is where consoles shine, and whilst I shall get a PS4 soon because I love Sony's exclusives, you can't help but look at this game and the videos shown that it still looks like 720p gameplay 30fps with some questionable textures in places (this might be the Youtube compression but its not normally too bad). Just look at BF4 on PS4 and XOne, they have had to change it to 720p to maintain 60fps.

Will get a PS4 once the mad rush is over this year to get one, will be staying well away from Xbox One the less money I can give to Microsoft the better.

11. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    I disagree, I wouldn't consider the PS4 low end just yet. I have yet to see a game taking full advantage of its GPGPU potential.
    The resolution of BF4 on PS4 has never been confirmed btw. We know it's higher than 720p.
    The PS4 is a highly customized machine, it will take time for devs to make the most of it. I put little stock in BF4 being a catalyst for the PS4, Killzone Shadow Fall, Infamous SS of The Order look better than anything I've seen on PC excluding mods.
    That's not too bad for a 1.84tflops GPU.

The resolution of DD is speculation at this point, but regardless of the hardware if you shoot for 60fps then something has to give.

12. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090

BF4 720P on next consoles have been leaked for months now, not confirmed yes but still extremely likely.
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654490352900282/

There are more on the web if you want me to point them out.

Also 1.84TFlops is the computational power of the WHOLE system not just the GPU. Comparing them to high end PC's now or even two years ago is a little unfair I totally agree.

They will bring good things like more optimization, and finally better multithreaded games and applications. Its going to have to with the CPU running at a measly 1.6-1.8GHz.

Oh and Killzone Shadow Fall has been 100% confirmed to be running at 1080p but 30fps because they want to see how far they can push the machine. The demo shown at Sony's conference was rumored to be using a devkit with only 4GB RAM and then Sony changed it last minute to 8GB so it could indeed look better.

Also it should not take anywhere near as long to get this most out of these machines seen as they are using PC architecture which has been around for 30 years! Rather than them using PPC architecture or even the stupid CELL which was loosely based on PPC as well.

Of course the games on next gen console are looking better than anything on PC so far (debatable based on opinion) because of the optimization, and the ability to access the hardware direct rather than going through an OS and botched API like on PC. Though this could very well change if Mantle becomes big, with BF4 already confirmed other devs will follow no doubt just a case of how many.

It is nice to see next gen consoles coming out, finally us PC gamers get to see what our games would of looked like three years ago :)

13. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    I don't think it will end up being 720p on PS4.
    176GB/s and 32 rops are there for a reason.

Nope, the GPU itself is 1.84tflops.
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/6972/xbox-one-hardware-compared-to-playstation-4/2
    http://www.gamespot.com/forums/games-discussion-1000000/ps4-official-specs-released-by-sony-8-core-cpu-184-29356262/
    [​IMG]

The CPU is not a bottleneck for a console designed with GPGPU in mind.

Yeah, the February demo used 3072MB only for the GPU, but I assume they don't really have time to push too much things.

HSA is not 30 years old, it will take time to get a good grasp of this console.

I really hope Mantle takes off on PC but I'm not holding my breath. Multiplatform developpers don't put too much ressources into PC ports.
    I wish Microsoft would care a little bit much for its API, I don't think they see Mantle as a threat.

That's pretty ironic that we have to wait for those "weak" consoles to raise the bar graphically speaking.
    Those consoles are not powerhouse but I'm willing to bet they're much more powerful than the average gaming PC. At a macro level PC gamers will have some catching up to do.
    Also, whether we accept it or not consoles will be the baseline of our PC ports, devs are not going to build their next-gen games on PC because consoles are far more profitable as a market.
    It's sad but true : PC gaming will forever be an afterthought for the vast majority of AAA publishers.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  14. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  15. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    Love the look of the game... very Dark Souls/ Demons Souls... mucho like-o. Technically, the graphics looks great... is this a custom Capcom engine? Unreal 4?

Imagine a REmake of all the RE games in this engine...

16. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  17. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    If I didn't know better I would assume these are Dark Souls screens, but that is good at least to my eyes.

18. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    The graphical quality of this game seems to have really dipped down. The trailers looked far more impressive. Are we sure UbiSoft isn't making this?

19. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  20. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    This game, bloodbourne, the order 1886, are looking great and moody, then I will throw in a bit of little big planet 3 for some cheery colour. :)