Wii U is Sweet!

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Penal Stingray, Oct 28, 2012.

1. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Prepare your anus, it's a tough one.

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    yeah ive noticed. haha just awesome. didnt expect it to be this hard. even the first boss battle surprised me. totally love it though it def brings a smile on my face.

I will need to buy a external usb powered HD though (to go with the wiiu) since the 32gb is almost full lol

btw what does this kranky character do ? diddy and the girl fly.

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    He bounces, pretty useful for spike levels.

He's also the fastest character to speed run for, almost all the records will be with him and the speedrunners do some mad precision timing and jumps. Check out the records for the first level for an example of it.

When you jump, if you roll first you will jump super fast and far, kranky can keep that up while pogoing on his walking stick.

4. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    Just used my free download code after buying MK8 and downloaded Pikmin3.

At first I was dissapointed there was no Olimar but I soon forgot as the lush maps drew me in and wowed me at just what a great underrated console the WiiU is!

5. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Really wouldn't mind a Wii U myself my only fear is that it'll just end up collecting dust like my Wii, literally owned 3 games for my Wii, smash bros, Mario Kart and donkey kong country returns and again there about the only 3 games I'd probably end up buying for the Wii U.

Just wish Nintendo would be a bit more brave and come up with some new IP's instead of relying on the older franchises, that's not to say the games they do make are bad or anything because they're not, would just like to see them put some of that creativity into creating something fresh.

6. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^^Get a Wii-U and simply stick to exclusives, Mario Kart 8, Zombi U, Lego city, Mario Bro, Nintendoland, Pikmen 3, Windwalker, Nex remix 1/2, Mario 3D world, Nano assault neo,and more, that is were the gold is, forget multiplats, the Wi-U was made for Nintedno exclusives.

7. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I got wonderful 101, pikmin 3, zombi u, mario kart 8, windwalker, nintendoland and mario 3d world all pure awesome :p I guess donkey kong tropical freeze would be awesome too.

Waiting for bayonetta 2 and the new xeno game and of course zelda

8. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I just got for my bday Mario Kart 8 and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze can't wait to play those.

9. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Fatal Frame trailer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH3a_hqdX34

looks like another great exclusive for the wii u, gotta love Nintendo for that!

I can remember some great horror games on wii as well, ju-on , cursed mountain, calling. games that never hit another platform i think.

10. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    That is going to be awesome with gamepad as the camera.

11. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    The Game Collection have ZombiU for £4.99 delivered to the UK for the next 2 hours (flash sale). The box text will be in French or Dutch but the game will play in English.

I grabbed one myself, can't complain for less than a fiver. You also get 100 points for signing up, which brings the total cost of the game down to around £4.70.

EDIT: It's still being sold for £4.99 even though the timer ended yesterday.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  12. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    That fatal frame game. Oh yes, my prayers have been answered.

13. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Picked up a Wii U bundled with Mario Bros U and also grabbed Mario Kart 8 that had a code to let me download a free game, I chose Zelda Windwaker HD. So I got two games for free basically.

Mario Kart is fun, typical Mario Kart. I don't have the time to invest in starting Zelda right now. I will when it gets cooler outside and I'm in longer. Mario Bros U is good fun.

It's refreshing playing games that don't require you to shoot at something every 8 seconds.

I'd still like to pick up Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze but I hear it's reaaaaally tough. My next purchase for this system though, will be Mario 3D World.

Excited for Zelda Hyrule Warriors in September as well.

Am I missing anything that's currently out I should try that isn't listed? How's that Wonderful 101 game?

14. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Wonderful 101 is interesting and funny game. Platformer/action game of sorts.

15. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Lego city, Zombis U, Pikmen 3, Nintentoland, if you don't get these there is no point in having a Wii-U. ;)

Also forget Mutiplat titles, Wii-U was made for exclusives only, that is were the gold is.

16. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Played Mario Kart online last night for an hour, boy do I suck against human competition lol. This is the first game I've played the MP portion of in years. I kind of got burnt out on MP stuff after Unreal Tournament 2k3. That being said, it was a lot of fun. These kids are schooling this 33 year old but it's really exciting. Think I'll try the battle mode MP tonight.

What's everyone's opinion of Mario 3D World, is it as good as the reviews claim? I get hestiant with the ign/gamespots, they seem to be a bit overgenerous to anything Nintendo does. I am very interested in it, but just wondered what your thoughts were?

17. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Mario 3d World is a great game. I highly recommend it.

18. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Thanks.

I get paid tomorrow, think I'll grab it after work.

19. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Well at lunch today I went and bought Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze over Mario 3D World. I still plan on buying Mario but after running through Trine 2 on my PS4 and seeing the new Oddworld remake I've been craving some visually appealing 2D scrollers. I've played all the ones for snes and the 3DS version, love them, so as hard as I hear it is, I'm up for the challenge.

It also didn't hurt that it's $49.99 vs. Mario is $59.99 AND I had $10 in coupons at Best Buy so it was only $39.99.

After some Mario Kart I'll give it a try tonight.

Some nice stuff coming out starting next month for PS4/XBOX ONE so I'm trying to give the Wii U some attention now before that stuff hits.

20. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Oh gawd. Pre-ordered hyrule warriors and bayonetta 2 \o/ this autumn will be perfect.