New star wars film yearly from 2015

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by boodikon, Apr 18, 2013.

1. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    New Star Wars film yearly from 2015

18 April 2013*Last updated at 10:13The new films may feature appearances from the original castDisney has said a new Star Wars film will appear yearly from 2015, alternating between new episodes in the space saga and spinoff character films.The announcement, made at CinemaCon in Las Vegas, was reported by*Comingsoon.Star Trek director JJ Abrams will begin the new cycle of movies with Episode VII, from a script by Little Miss Sunshine writer Michael Arndt.Star Wars creator George Lucas sold his film production company Lucasfilm to Disney last year for $4.05bn (£2.5bn).The latest announcement was made by Walt Disney Co chairman Alan Horn, at the annual movie theatre convention*CinemaCon*in Las Vegas.In February, Disney announced that alongside a new trilogy, a series of films built around existing characters from the Star Wars universe were in development.It is rumoured the first stand-alone film could focus on the diminutive Jedi master Yoda.The spinoff films will be written by Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-22197797

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  2. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    Disney is very much like the dark shadow of the Galactic Empire reaching out over the world of entertainment.
    JJ Abrams is like Anakin, he has turned away from all the righteous TV stuff and is now a disciple of the dark side.
    LucasArts was like Alderaan; could have prospered under Imperial rule but was destroyed anyway for teh lulz.

3. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I think you are right morbias but even so I'm looking forward to the new SW movies, though it's a bit weird to have the same director/producer behind both Star Wars and Star Trek reboots, but so far Abrams did a pretty good job in the films/tv shows(Fringe especially) I watched so I have some faith that it could turn out alright. :nerd:

4. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    As much as I enjoyed Abrams Star Trek, I think rebooting was a retarded thing to do.
    I mean there was no need for it, all they had to do was move the story ahead to a new century.

5. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    No Star Wars movies will ever be as good as the original trilogy, It dont matter what they do.

Saying that having some more new Star wars movies cant be a bad thing tbh. I look forward to seeing if there any good.

6. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Hmm....when it will take place? After Star Wars VI or around the Star Wars KOTOR era?

7. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

If the Star Trek movie was the 'same old but newer' people probably wouldn't have gone to watch it. The main purpose of making a movie is not only making it good, but to sell to as many viewers as possible. There is a stigma over sci-fi, which means as soon as anything is labelled sci-fi it instantly puts people off watching it. There is also a preconception that sci-fi is spaced based, but that isn't true either.

Whether you like it or not, the TV shows Heroes, Lost, amongst others, are sci-fi. They tried their absolute best to hide this fact from the viewers, and labelled them as dramas instead.

For the Star Trek movies to work, they had to bring something new to the table, and not the same old space based drama. Whether people liked it or not, sci-drama just doesn't work anymore! The original Star Trek, and even Star Trek TNG etc, were sci-dramas, revolving around character development and morals. These days people have seen enough of that in normal television viewing, so if they venture to sci-fi they want to see something different. Stargate Universe didn't work because they changed the genre from sci-adventure to sci-drama, and it alienated existing viewers, whilst failing to grab new viewers.

For the new Star Trek movies they've grabbed attention of people because it is a mixture of sci-action, sci-adventure, a bit of sci-drama etc. It works as not only do you get the existing Trek fans watching it, who will even if they have some disagreement, but they can get the new viewers through showing something different. At least for the next several years, if there is any hope of a new Star Trek or Stargate TV series, they will need to do the same. There are several ideas floating around for new Star Trek TV series (many of which were from well before the Star Trek movie) and most of them just wouldn't work in today's TV landscape.

8. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    After episode VI, it's even been said that it's almost 100% sure that some of the original actors like Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford etc. will reprise their roles.

9. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    I heard Disney has a death star.....

10. Andrés

Andrés Guest

Luke will be sporting a brand new lightcane.

11. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    I'm definitely looking forward to this, but seriously hope Star Wars doesn't turn into a teen movie. Some young, no name, hot shot actor meant to appeal to 15 year olds, like the new Amazing Spiderman. Lets hope Star Wars continues to feature big name, quality actors for lead roles :)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  12. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    True, I'm very curious to see the young "new generation" cast members, I can already think of quite a few good ones. Heard rumors about John Noble getting a role in episode VII, that would be simply amazing...

We'll see sometime next year I guess. :nerd:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  13. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I think the first movie will be decent, but if they are making a movie every year after that they are going to turn to garbage real quick.

14. RedSeptember

RedSeptember Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 690 4gb
    And so enters Mouse Vader and Mini Leia! *chuckle*:wanker:

15. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)