Crytek: Graphics Are 60% Of The Game

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 15, 2013.

1. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    Yea, you don't come back to play crysis 3 again, because it's just boring as hell. Sure it looks good, but that's not worth paying €60 for.

2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    0% fun as well.

3. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I get the point but 60%? Not quite...

4. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    are they trying to be ironic? crysis is 100% graphics and nothing else.

5. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    and? If his statement was people will pay big bucks for shiny sh*t then perhaps your response would make sense.

I've reread the article a few times and I am gonna flip flop and agree with him. The right graphics and the way they are represented will indeed draw you in to the world much more but the game itself needs to have the core gameplay there to take advantage of it. If the gameplay is crap adding tons of extra graphical immersion isn't going to help any.

6. sirrith

sirrith Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    Maybe I should try to finish Crysis 1 at some point...

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Hey people are we members of different forums? some of you wants gameplay rather than Graphics but a majority in this forum is focusing mostly on Graphics, SSAo, AA, AF, SLI.

i dont judge anyone. its not my business. i just want to point this. People wants their TITAN to struggle under heavy load of a game. Else game is crap.

On the other hand, Some whines about if their TITAN struggles. oh the Dilemma or how u call it.

Somebody need to write a tesis about his.

8. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    We ofcourse want graphics but we also want gameplay too. A game is nothing but a hollow shell without a good gameplay.

Take skyrim for example, its a great and huge world but the depth are just too shallow that it just felt bored after a while.

9. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Stupid. While great graphics on great games can really push you into the game, if the gameplay is boring the game is bad. The purpose of a game is to entertain, not to drive us dumb about special effects on explosions. That is shallow, like pretty much everything anno 2013. Give me fun and i´ll give you my money, if you bull**** me i´ll give you the middle finger. And give me FFVII any day.

10. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I've enjoyed MUD's more than I have Crytek titles, I'm deadly serious. So I imagine my opinion on his statement is pretty obvious.

11. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    his point is that a ton of people here are basically graphic whores but then claim that gameplay is key. whenever theres a game posted with bad graphics, it gets laughed off even if it has decent gameplay. on the other hand, games like skyrim are flaunted for nothing other its modding and graphic capabilities.

12. nicugoalkeper

nicugoalkeper Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL OC 6GB
    If companies start to think like this we will have a big problem, graphics are nice but if you got no story , no music, and many bug's the what is left for the game play !

13. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    All of this.

I dont play Minecraft or WoW but gameplay is KING.

14. chaotic1

chaotic1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PowercolorHD6970 2GB dead
    some of the replies here surprise me tbh , why buy top end gfx cards if you only play low end gfx games ?

15. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    there's nothing wrong with wanting good graphics, good graphics don't take away from good gameplay.

16. scipio

scipio Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    If the game is boring to play, who cares how the grass glimmers, I can go outside and see that

17. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    So, the Crytek boss thinks graphics are the most important part of the game....so, exactly how does that work?

Never seen a game where the graphics could possibly make up for a **** story line or **** gameplay. If the storyline and gameplay can't keep your attention, there won't be any immersion at all....regardless of what the graphics look like.

Best game I've ever played....can easily be run on a GT640....but does that mean that I shouldn't have a better graphics card?

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yep. I would rather play original Doom than Crysis 3

19. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    Why is it a OR situation? :D You can have both!

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I have a 7950 incase a good demanding game comes out. also, I like maxing out those less good looking games.