need advice on new CPU/Mobo/ram

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by GeoD, Feb 26, 2013.

1. GeoD

GeoD Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Hello gurus

ive been out of the game so to speak for a while and it looks like its time to upgrade. i got my tax return coming by next week and ill have about $7-800 to spend, although i could go a little higher. my sig is up to date as far as hardware goes.

mainly im looking to upgrade the CPU/Mobo/ram. i was thinking of getting a PSU as well since since it is going on 7 years old along with most of my other parts. the 560 i have will do me good for another year or so i reckon.

so what to buy? ivy or sandy? not looking to do much encoding etc...just games and internet/school/home office. so a quad should be good right? i plan on overclocking so suggestions on a cooler are welcome as well.

i would like to future proof a bit if possible. i know that there will be new stuff coming out in june...will these be on a new socket?

thanks in advance!

geod

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  2. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    The 3570K is a really solid buy right now. Strong performer, and easily overclockable.

3. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    wait for haswell in a few months, socket 1155 is a dying socket

4. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Haswell isn't likely to offer huge gains over the Bridge series of processors, so it's not really worth waiting for imo.

5. GeoD

GeoD Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    im looking to buy now. cant really wait due to various reasons.

what about mobos? what are some good suggestions? dont need super high end, but some good oc options would be nice.

what about coolers? looking for air but my case could use water.

ive been on new egg trying to do some research but there are more options than there were last time around and im kinda lost...there were tons of Z77 mobos for example. whose good?