Crucial M4 firmware 040H (12-4-2012)

Discussion in 'SSD and HDD storage' started by sykozis, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've been waiting for this as I've experienced the non-detect issue three times with the 010G (or whatever build the previous one was) firmware but they only occurred after changing BIOS settings or (as has happened once) a hard crash. The fix was to leave the PC on for ten minutes in the BIOS settings then reboot. Still annoying though even though.

Crucial certainly took their sweet time releasing a new firmware as there were loads of reports from other people on their forums experiencing the same issues I had. I was surprised that they didn't withdraw the last firmware as I only knew what had happened the first time after I'd updated and saw the complaints posts on the Crucial forum. Had I not known then I would have assumed the SSD had died and sent it back to Crucial for a replacement.

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Update worked fine for me too and this time I wasn't told that there were no SSDs to update like the last firmware update (010G).

3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    The delay in releasing the current firmware may have been due to testing to ensure they didn't create more issues.

I skipped the last firmware release due to all the complaints.

4. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Using the iso image I updated 3 m4's. 128 in a Dell Studio laptop, a 128 & 256 in one PC on my P67 Asus EUFI bios. No problems.