Return of AMD FX: My OC'd AMD FX 8150 review with OC'd 6990 - First Results UP!

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by polyzp, Jan 6, 2012.

1. polyzp

polyzp Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6990
    You really need an 8 thread 4 module FX chip to take advantage of the new architecture fully.

Avaeraged AMD hieracrchy for chips for overclocked DX11 gaming in my opinion.

AMD FX 8150 + Patch (4 Module)
    AMD FX 8120 + Patch (4 Module)
    AMD Phenom II X6 110t,1090t,1075t (6 core)
    Phenom II X4 960t (4 core)
    AMD FX 6200 (3 Module)
    Phenom II X4 980/975/970/965 (4 core)
    AMD FX 6100 (3 module)
    Phenom II X4 955 (4 core)
    AMD FX 4170 (2 Module)
    Phenom II X4 940, 945 (4 Core)
    AMD FX 4100 (2 Module)

Its crazy how tomshardware places the Fx 4170 at the top when this is a dual module chip.

Link

2. polyzp

polyzp Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6990
    I have a feeling theyl be back :3eyes:

3. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    We're not lurking, we're calling you out directly and we've been members for years, the closest thing to a troll here is you. We don't like reps of companies slithering around like snakes spreading nonsense.

Everyone knows a Thuban clocked remotely close to a Bulldozer beats it. You have rights to nothing, this is a private forum, not a democracy and we're telling you we're tired of your lame advertisements of inferior products.

That is unless AMD is paying Guru3D in some way, in that case carry on with your slithering, if not, get out.
    Why is it okay to let him do his advertisement/job here? There was already full review done by Hilbert wasn't there, we have real results already.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  4. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    ^^ that sums up everything nicely.

5. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    You guys are something else....

It's a community forum. If someone can't post their own findings of a product, that's ridiculous. The fact that someone took the time to do it shouldn't bother you.

I think you are all way too suspicious.

6. polyzp

polyzp Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6990
    I just find it hilarious how you guys still think I am some sort of rep doing this for some alterer motive, when I have refuted this on numerous occasions. Think what you may, but the fact remains.

7. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    The problem is that you posted the same stuff on so many different forums, that's why everyone is suspicious of you.

8. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    yeah you said you only posted here and overclockers, when in fact its more like 40 different tech sites of the same crap

9. polyzp

polyzp Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6990
    And your point is? Thats a pretty big jump to go from me posting on 11 websites (not 40) to that I work for AMD. I never said I just posted on only two sites. For what reason would I need to lie. You guys know damn well that I am just a regular person with an FX 8150 and 6990, who wishes to benchmark and post my findings on multiple forums, many of which appreciate my effort.

10. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    So everybody's a troll that does not agree with your "review"? Btw you have not posted any benches in 7 weeks.

11. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    i counted 15 actually.. cant even keep up with how many sites you are posting in :3eyes:

12. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Everyone calm down, the OP is very opinionated in his views and so what?

He posted in the appropriate forum, doesn't go in to other subforums to start crap, takes what you guys throw at him and still the few people getting really mad are anyone but him.

Refute him all you want. Post benches to show him to be wrong. Don't make it personal.

13. polyzp

polyzp Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6990
    You can "agree" or "disagree" with anything you want, that doesnt make anybody a troll. Trolling is spamming over and over with no premise other than that I post on multiple forums, that I am some sort of AMD rep when I have refuted this numerous times already in this exact thread.

Is it so hard to believe that a regular person with an AMD rig posts his benchmarks on numerous sites. I dont see anything wrong in this. In fact I link to them in my blog so people can join the discussion.

14. polyzp

polyzp Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6990

If you even read my post before critisizing you would know that I am currently in the process of upgrading my motherboard and ram, and benchmarks continue on the 20th. whats your point?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  15. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Did you just reply to yourself?

16. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    yes he did, but he has only 1 thread experience in his whole internet life, so cut him a break bro

17. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Well it's no wonder you guys got probably got him upset.....

18. polyzp

polyzp Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6990
    Woops didnt mean to quote myself. fixed. :p

19. DarthElvis

DarthElvis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx980 g1
    I agree with your findings, for what it's worth. I don't question your data, just your conclusions. You need at least 4.5Ghz to match my Thuban @ 4.0Ghz, plus use more power and generate more heat to get there. I see that as a failure, for some odd reason you see that as a positive. Bench your FX @ 4.0 and lets see how it does, I'm kind of curious about that.

The only people that would try to spin that into a positive would either have to be delusional or be employed by the company. I can see why people are suspicious of you.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  20. polyzp

polyzp Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6990
    Power consumption and heat are never a good thing and I would never, and have never tried to say they are. The FX 8150 is the hottest most power hungry consumer CPU i know when you overclock to the max, and I am really looking forward to how Vishera will make up for these enormous failures. Lower heat = higher overclock! ^^