DICE: No mods for Battlefield 4

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    ICE general manager Karl-Magnus Troedsson confirmed to PC Gamer at E3 that Battlefield 4 will not support mods. Troedsson caveated that user-generated content is something that DICE finds very interes...

DICE: No mods for Battlefield 4

2. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    It's what made me quit after BF2, no Mods destroyed the BF Series.

3. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070@2101 Boost
    Maybe you should stop playin CoD that has been ripping off customers with the same ****ty engine and even nowadays looks crap :puke2: and try BF3 with all the premium goodies(maps, game types) It isn't the same as creating it on your own,I know, but I doubt you can come up with something revolutionary that the lads missed..

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Id rather see Official ranked servers and non official / ranked which allow mods and stuff.
    Ive always enjoyed user created content much more then the official released stuff.

5. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Hehehe...suckers.

6. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Oh yeah? well it made me stop playing FPS games in general. OHHHHHHH
    But no seriously, custom maps FTW.

7. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Guest

GPU:
    I wouldn't mind seeing unofficial mods to BF4 or other games, but I must say that last time I enjoyed custom made maps & stuff was in the Quake 2/3 era.
    But saying that not including this option kills a game is a little far fetched

8. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    LOL you don't know what you're talking about...obviously a Battlefield newbie...

BF3 was pure ****e in the eyes of any player who had been around since the beginning.
    EA killed anything and everything that was good about the game, removing commander mode, forcing players to use Origin, introducing a ridiculous ranking system and discouraging teamplay.

On top of that there were hardly any maps released with the game and players were charged for DLC's later tat were nothing more than extra maps....maps that were free in BF2 (like Armored Fury) AND requiring an "online pass" for console users who owned 2nd hand copies of the game. Essentially charging the owner twice to get access to ranked servers.

BF2 never would have been popular for so long either if it hadn't been for the awesome mods available. Desert Combat, Forgotten Hope, Project Reality, Point Of Existence, the list goes on..... without these to keep players interested BF3 prob would not have made the sales it did....keep that in mind.

Goodbye EA, hello Bohemian Studios.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  9. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Guest

GPU:
    You can't blame EA for what it did. It's all business and if you wanna blame someone it's CoD franchise.It's hard to find a balance between making money and making players happy. EA just copied a successful model and I believe that BF3 was and is a success even though the minority of players who enjoy custom stuff are sad. That doesn't change the fact that the game is good.I am not saying I enjoy paying for a few extra maps but from the games we have on hand it's my favourite.

BTW i don't see anything bad about Origin, it's just as annoying as Steam.Commander mode is coming back in BF4.Ranking system is what it is and it seems that majority of players like it.Otherwise they wouldn't be putting it into every FPS.And how is it discouraging team play? Playing within your squad brings so many pros.Online pass for second hand game? just business as usual. Get over it. The world cares only about money whether it's good or not and if you were a shareholder in EA you would stay quiet.

Games are money making business. The good old days are gone and unfortunately they will most probably never come back.

And when it comes to ARMA3. Well let's keep our fingers crossed that boys from Czech republic don't need to make big bucks and they will concentrate on gamers rather than sales

10. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Bohemia Interactive are already quite financially secure from their government sales alone.

The ArmA series are simplified and scaled down derivatives of their VBS series. ArmA also provides them with a great engine testing area.

11. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Do you know if they have fixed the problem with low GPU load....?

I haven't played since build 0.54 but seemed to be coming on nicely for the most part.

12. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Dice need to get a grip, way too big for their boots. The whole reason the BF series exists as it is today is because of BF1942 and it's mods, Desert Combat, Forgotten Hope etc. Without it their would be no BF series. Let's not forget how they hired Desert Combats Trauma Studios then sacked them all after a few months and stopped them making mods. They don't care about the community.

13. Cyborg_MARIACHI

Cyborg_MARIACHI Guest

GPU:
    GTX480
    If at least they would release a Map Editor... but wait, they use no Client Dedicated Server.... well... we will expect it to be exactly like bf3... 3 months of hype then almost 2 years of RAGE because DICE will be too busy doing some "new" maps (back to METRO maybe?) to answer our pleases about bugs, cheaters, unbalanced gameplay, HUD issues, server issues, etc...etc...

14. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Haven't had time lately to load it up, tests are a bitch that eat all your time.

15. Speed Weed

Speed Weed Guest

GPU:
    GTX 260+
    Unknown to Karl-Magnus, there are a host of game hackers at work, proving him wrong!
    Won't be long until mods begin bubbling to the surface. :)

16. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    No offense to the modders but official tools always end up being miles better, not to mention the lack of support from DICE kinda screws you over with ranked servers and such.

17. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    No battle recorder is a shocking omission from bf3 and now bf4.

Modding would require (I'm guessing here) access to frostbite engine? Not really seeing a chance that any studio would do that. That's pretty pricey tech/ip that EA ring fenced for their studios, DICE are simply following suit.

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Meh, don't really want to play mods anyway, no biggie for me.

19. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    never played any mods for anything other then hl1 so np.

I like bf for what it is, a good shooter.

20. killer_939

killer_939 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7950 @ 1100/1500
    Sigh, no buy for me again. I still play bf2 mods sometimes.