Calling all benchers

Discussion in 'Benchmark Mayhem' started by cowie, Apr 4, 2011.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Oc'ed doesn't change much, its mostly cpu bound test.

What do you mean by "still get a total when you combine them"?

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    How did you manage 192fps?

I just ran it and got 101fps

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Idk :nerd:guess its with Haswell specific stuff (fma3, gather, BMI - by new features), . I remember testing it once on Fermi and got max ~172fps with 70-80% gpu usage.. Actually its in bench 570gtx, then 580gtx

[​IMG]
    images hosting

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    That's the problem with these hardware favouring benchmarks, they're no good as benchmarks unless everyone running them has identical setups

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Your cpu has all except "gather" and its mostly single threaded depended, needs fast per core performance.

Older Cinebench11.5 has some boosts, but not so much like here in cinebench15 :)

anyway nvm now i saw there is only cpu Cinbench15 part,

by gpu only these
    http://hwbot.org/benchmarks/videocard

6. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Think my ud3h is dead! Put my 3770k in it and the system doesn't post! Put a celeron in it same thing. Tried with nothing but a cpu plugged in and same thing again, all lights up for half a second then all shuts off, thinking I damaged something when I pulled all the eraser off :(

7. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    oh crap just take it all apart pull the battery out let it sit for a day, hitting the cmos button every few hours.

my ud5 was like that but it came back it took a day or two but it still works.try to play with the ram slots and 1 stick you know works in that board
    check your cpu pins

8. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Well its still no good, tried the BIOS battery, checked for bent CPU pins and all looked fine, tried with no components plugged in, tried with just one stick of RAM even tried a different PSU on it and still got the same effect, powers up for half a second then instantly the PSU clicks off, think I'm going to have to start looking for another Z77 board :(

9. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    yeah it might be your best bet I always have two of the motherboards I put under cold just in case .I can still easy swap the drive and be running again.
    if the board is your 27/7 rig send it back and shop out for another one

10. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Yeah, I'll def pick up more hardware as time goes on, I can see how having two mobos for benching is a good idea.

The Z77 UD3H isn't my 24/7 board I bought it used on OCN so no sending it back :( My 24/7 board is the Z77 UD5H and tbh I can't be bothered to rip it all out (systems totally WC'ed too) to use it plus theres the risk of breaking it and having no computer at all lol

I've seen a Gigabyte Z77X UP5TH on Ebay may put a bid in for that, I imagine thats just as good for Extreme benching as a UD3H or UD5H.

11. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    matt how you doing ever get a board or you need one?

12. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Hey dude! No not got a board yet, missed out on a couple boards on Ebay, tbh honest only been looking for the Gigabyte boards, wondering if I should start looking at other Manufacturers now as finding UD3Hs is quite difficult.

Still got no idea whats wrong with my current board lol

13. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Sadly, i know what this is ... The power phase of the cpu is dead.. when this happend you have 2 possibility... the cpu is dead, or the power phase is dead..

As you have test an other cpu in it, i sadly think this is the powerphase of the cpu..

fan, lights show up for an half second then stop.

You have no idea how many motherboard i have kill like that. ( bad insulation in the socket on subzero run with my phasechange unit.. )

14. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Yeah your probably right, just annoying :(

Any idea what that is? I can't remember if it was there before or not.

[​IMG]

15. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    I dont think thats the problem, it look more like a red pen mark.

Sadly on the motherboard side, its hard to see if the power phase have been killed, you see nothing (hence why i have allways be able to exchange them on the shop)..

There should be some security. something who work like a fuse. for dont damage other hardware.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015

16. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    your better off with a ud5 or better as you start pushing the chip,i mean the ud3 does well but I would not think it will hold up well under extreme overclocking.

17. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Your probably right, the UD5H would be the better buy. A UD3H has just come up on the bay aswell lol May give this one another go, theres only one UD5H and they want £150 for it!

18. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Just won the UD3H on Ebay, so hopefully it'll arrive next week so I can start playing a little next weekend with the 3770K! Then look into getting some DICE!

19. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
  20. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Blimey Chief Dave has been tearing up the bot! Need my new mobo so I can get involved!!