NVIDIA GeForce 301.24 Beta Drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by DeusEXMachina, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    15 pages is a lot to go through :(

Would 680 owners say that this driver is an improvement over 301.10 or not?

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I'd say it was exactly the same personally as is v301.25 which I'm using now. There are obviously fixes and tweaks between the different drivers but I haven't noticed them. In my experience, it always better to use the latest driver for that reason but if you're not having any problems with games and applications you're using then there's no reason to if you adopt a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" policy.

3. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    It's happened to me pink screen dots, but with these drivers, it's fixed... Hope it fixes for you soon.

regards,
    Ragdoll.

4. Sunnijim

Sunnijim Guest

Ya these drivers gave me issues. They installed fine, and worked well at first. Then Skyrim became extremely jumpy, and unplayable. Restarted the game, and the loading screen was jumpy and the loading process wouldn't end. Tried BF3 and that was also jumpy. Restarting the computer didn't help. BF3 even went into what looked like an old school 3d mode (with red and green shading). So I rolled back to the previous driver : )

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Thanks, I'll try 301.25 and see what happens. They usually say, don't fix it if it ain't broken but as you say it never hurts to have the latest drivers due to optimisations and the like.

6. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Been running these since release, I have zero issues with them. No more pink dots like I got with the 296.10.

Good drivers so far.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  7. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    The fix is to untick "Enable sterescopic 3D".

8. Zybane

Zybane Guest

GPU:
    Quad SLI 3GB GTX580
    Anyone see this crash before:

[​IMG]

I'm getting that in all games now. Pretty much have tried everything, set system overclock to default, removed precision X and ran GPU's at default, default NVIDIA control panel options, ran 4-way SLI, 1 GPU, Surround Mode, Single display mode, tried drivers: 301.10, 301.24, 301.25, PCI-E 2.0 mode, PCI-E 3.0 mode. They all crash. Wonder if those stupid multiple Direct X installs that Steam does every time a new game is installed screwed something up. Gah I don't feel like re-installing windows again.

9. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I got it a couple time. Try this, uninstall the drivers, then select clean install when you go to install them again. i havent seen that error since.

10. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    I've been using it since day one. Perfectly fine in BF3 and no driver crashes/downclock issues.

I did have some trouble getting the driver to install at first, the older one was not removed properly. But other than that everything has been smooth for me.

11. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    3D clocks

I noticed that when I leave the computer on for a long time (I almost don't restart it, as there are lots of downloads going on), it gets stuck at the 2D clock (50Mhz), and it gets back only if I restart the PC. This is very annoying, and is really making me miss my good old Radeon HD 5670... :(

BUT, I loved adaptive Vsync and FXAA, so, I'm eagerly waiting for the fixes... NVIDIA PLZ, HELP US!!!!!!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  12. HolyLiaison

HolyLiaison Active Member

GPU:
    MSi 570 GTX SLI
    Yeah this happens to me too. It's frustrating, but it's not so bad if you have an SSD boot drive. :nerd:

13. angmar

angmar Guest

These drivers are hands down the worst drivers I have ever tried in recent memory. Been having a lot of issues with these including sever screen tearing assassins creed revalations and the gpu clock downclocking when I am not even getting stable fps. Switching back to 296.10...

14. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    My GTX470 loves these driver to bits, played 5 hours of BF3 followed by 5 hours of Skyrim without a restart and there wasn't even a hint of a slow down, lag, jittering, stuttering etc. I applaud you nVidia.

This is the main reason I still run a GTX470 and haven't upgraded to the GTX6XX yet.

EDIT - Also to add I installed these over the top of the previous WHQL drivers using the Clean Install option. Never has installing a driver been so pleasantly easy. :leave:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  15. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    For people like me, having the 2d/3d clock problems, I recommend getting the latest 295 family drivers here: http://www.station-drivers.com/page/nvidia%20forceware.htm

They're shown as 296.25 but are actually 296.39 (crazy french!).

Updated to them and the problem seems to be gone. Anyway, I miss FXAA... :((

edit:

Just tested it people. 296.39 is flawless, clocks work as expected (up in 3d, down in 2d), image quality is good, and performance is great! Now, I'm waiting until nvidia releases a driver fixing the clock issue. And I mean, that should be mentioned in the "driver fixes". :)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012

16. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    I can confirm the clock issues as well.

After long general use, if I jump into BF3, my 1st card runs at 772MHZ and has 0-20% usage whereas my 2nd card runs at 405MHZ but has a 99% usage. I get like 20FPS in game.

A restart fixes it but its annoying and is yet another thing I have to do just to play my game, which I don't do anymore after I restart :/

17. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Hello chaps , I'm just confirming the clock problem with this set of drivers on my GTX 580 matrix , Shame as i was looking forwards to the new features in the Betas ,Dose anyone have any insight into when the next release of drivers will be . Thanks

18. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    Same here... Seems to happen only with 5xx cards... I'm using 296.39 now and am very pleased with it, just missing FXAA a bit... :|

19. D4rKy21

D4rKy21 Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 SLI
    I had this problem once when i played Deus Ex Human Revolution last night, everything went slow suddenly and i think also that it was going back to 2d clocks [not sure tho did not look yet] rebooted pc problem was gone if it happen again i revert back to the WHQL ones.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  20. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Noticed the clock problem when I run my card at default clocks, for some reason it just doesn't work properly, but any kind of OC will have the clocks running properly for me.