Nvidia GeForce 326.41 Beta - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by WhiteLightning, Jul 30, 2013.

1. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Yes, they seem to mainly list game issues and not OS driver issues .
    That's why I posted what ManuelG posted as it gave little bit more info .

2. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    Yeah I don't know what to think about this whole thing. I've cleaned out my old drivers before installing these ones, I've ran stock, I've ran OC'd, but NZA still crashes (I don't bother testing SEV2 anymore since it takes too long to crash and I'm impatient!). It doesn't seem to matter what's on the screen, it is truly random as I've had it freeze during a slowmo shot, I've had it freeze mowing down a group of zombies with a thompson, and today I had it freeze just as I opened the safe door to the next area.

That said, it's a different freeze this time. Instead of the screen locking up, shortly going black, and then getting a TDR error, it just freezes right there and it will stay frozen forever until I ctrl+alt+del and bring up task manager. This time I get "***** Zombie Army has stopped working", no TDR this time.
    I even popped onto Furmark and ran burn in for 15 minutes, no issues at all.

I'm downloading AvP right now and I'll see if I get any issues.

Also yes, I do run it with Advanced Shadows on. I should try NZA without once I'm done having a look at AvP.

Edit:
    Oh yeah, forgot if I mentioned in the last driver release thread, but Ghost Recon Future Soldier is also fixed now.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    What's this, I don't know of this issue. Is it something obvious?

Cheers.

4. evohan

evohan Guest

GPU:
    Asus DCU2 GTX670 4GB SLI
    any odds for temperature from 320.49

5. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Deadlight works fine.

It will be soon.

I hardly turn off my machine and have never got a TDR, so clearly this issue is affecting a certain configuration of select individuals, as it is not widespread.

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Firstly, I was able to complete the level of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier I was on a few weeks (and a couple of driver versions) back despite it previously always crashing at the helicopter extraction point of the mission I was playing (Noble Tempest). I have not played the game since though but maybe I just got lucky? It *always* used to crash at that point though with the earlier v320.xx drivers, whether it took me a few minutes to reach the extraction or 30 minutes.

As for Sniper Elite V2/NZA/AvP - all those games used to literally freeze within a few minutes, something within a few seconds of resuming a save game but only when Advanced Shadows was enabled. As I said earlier, the issue was fixed for me in the (I think) 320.18 driver as I played through three hours of the AvP campaign with everything enabled (DX11, 1920x1200, 4xMSAA, Advanced Shadows, etc) and didn't have a single crash. I also played an hour of NZA with the 320.39 or 320.49 driver, again with everything maxed out, including Advanced Shadows, and didn't have any problems with it.

I did initially have some driver not responding and has recovered errors when playing some games, including NZA, but it turned out that my +250 MHz memory overclock was too ambitious and the error went away once I dropped it down to stock (+0 MHz). I've set it back at +100 MHz yesterday but I haven't seen a single driver not responding error in three weeks or so. As such I'm pretty confident the driver not responding errors where the result of overclocking my GTX 780's memory too far.

7. xoroku

xoroku Guest

GPU:
    SLI GTX 670 2Gb
    They intend to fix this issue for every single game in one go?

I have an irritating issue right now where Darksiders 2 in Surround SLI has slowdowns to 30 fps (gpu usage drops) all the time but non SLI runs at 60fps steady. The problem is that to run 3 monitors on the same card you have to remove the other card. You cannot run deactivate SLI and run surround if a second card is installed. In SLI you have to connect monitors to both cards in order to span with surround.

Haven't had issues with other games so far but the fix is very annoying.

8. m2896

m2896 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX5700
    DoW2 Retribution texture flickering still not fixed(in 326.41). With 320.49 game runs fine.

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    weird they didnt go with r325_01-xx aka openGL4.4

10. SSJBillClinton

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    Noble Tempest was the only mission I was getting crashes (as soon as he threw the recon drone into the air in the cutscene), but it seems to work fine as of the last driver version.

I just played an hour of AVP maxed out 1920x1080 with my OC applied and had no crashes or anything, so I'm convinced it's a bug exclusive to SEV2/NZA as those will randomly crash with OC or stock settings.
    I had the same issue where it would freeze instantly with Advanced Shadows which got fixed in 326.19 (or maybe the one below I don't remember), but I reckon there's still a problem there, I'll have a look at NZA without Advanced Shadows off now and see how that goes.

11. Soulfreezer

Soulfreezer Guest

GPU:
    Palit Geforce GTX 660
    Seems like these new ones are performance crap like the last two betas.

Hadn´t uch time so i done quick default ICE STORM Test in 3DMark:

326.41:

326.01:

These are both the highest scores 3dmark gave me on the two drivers after each one tested three times.

A bit wierd i guess......

Will see how they compare in some games later.

just want to share these results, also my rig is not "that" Monster :)

12. SSJBillClinton

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    Sniper Elite NZA with advanced shadows off does not randomly freeze, solid full GPU usage, solid 100% clock speeds.

13. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    It sounds like a SLI Surround issue .
    I don't really know , I have neither SLI or multiple monitors so you just have to see what happens performance wise .

14. KyleN

KyleN Member

GPU:
    gtx 670
    Black edges in BF3 finally fixed. Only took them about a year.

15. xoroku

xoroku Guest

GPU:
    SLI GTX 670 2Gb
    Yeah, I will test it once it's out and report back. For all I know these fixes are only for issues introduced by 326.41 which I haven't tested yet.

16. sw1000xg

sw1000xg Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 G1
    Does it work with Skyrim ENB? And does it actually give a performance boost? Last time I updated my driver, was getting flashing textures in most of my games!

17. naedtrax

naedtrax Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Titan X
    Is anyone able to test metro last light (the benchmark) ? Last .19 driver made FPS terrible.. seemed to get locked near 20 fps or so

18. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Once again, try It in real world test like I don't know gaming. 3DMarks points mean nothing unless you playing a DX11 game like Metro.

19. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I run icestorm on my cell phone. Try the last benchmark in 3dmark

20. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Guest

I hate being out of town when new drivers get released. :( Glad to see they have a lot fixes, especially the BL2 Catch-A-Ride crash.