Corsair TX vs Corsair HX

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by vitortheone, Jul 29, 2013.

1. vitortheone

vitortheone Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G SLI
    So guy's i'm in the need of a new psu to replace my 7 years old thermaltake toughpower 750w. I'm torn between Corsair TX v2 750w or the Corsair HX 750w. Diference between them is 35$. What do you guy's think? Thx's in advance

2. ShrekAlmighty

ShrekAlmighty Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 Gaming 2GB
    Well out of the 2 PSU's

HX - Gold Certified, 7 Year Warranty
    TX - Bronze Certified, 5 Year Warranty

Out of that id say go for the HX. It also has more SATA connector's.

So id recommend the HX :D

3. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    The decision basically comes down to this: are 2 years extra warranty, slightly cleaner power and modularity worth $35 to you? If so, the HX should be your choice, since those are its primary advantages over the TX.

(I would go for the HX.)

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I'd go with the HX. When I recently bought my psu, I could have bought the XFX 750W bronze or silver. the price difference was about £20 and I went with 80+ silver. Problem is they then didn't have the silver in stock so it was either bronze or gold. the 80+ gold XFX was some £35 more than the bronze, I went with the 80+ gold. Another option was the 750W Corsair HX, but my previous psu was a Corsair (TX 650) and I wanted something different. the XFX was a couple of quid more than the HX, but still, I went for the PSU in my spec below.

What I'm saying is that I would definitely go for the 80+ gold HX out of those 2 PSUs, the price difference isn't much, the HX is better value for money.

Oh btw, the HX is a CWT OEM, there's also quite a few Seasonic OEM 750W 80+ gold units on the market.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013

5. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    I'm also suggesting the HX, as eclap pointed out, better value for the money. And the difference in cost is next to nothing over the life of the unit.

The TX is also an excellent PSU, have one powering another overclocked rig for over four years without any issues.

6. vitortheone

vitortheone Guest

GPU:
    Thx's guy's the HX it is. So what's the 80 plus gold stands for? The efficiency?
    Another thing guy's i stumbled on a post in another fórum of a guy saying that modular psu's loose efficiency and give more trouble than hard wired psu's. Is there any truth in that?

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yes, the 80+ gold is more efficient than the 80+ bronze, see below.

[​IMG]

So as you see, the 80+ gold will be more efficient across the board. In general meaning higher quality components will be used here and there.

I remember reading about this exact thing in the past, but nowadays a lot of high end and expensive PSUs are modular, they wouldn't be modular if that was the case, I'm pretty sure.

8. vitortheone

vitortheone Guest

GPU:
    Thx's everyone for the help. Just gotta hope my psu doesn't do anything "drastic" til i buy the new one lol

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Go buy it now! :) Hope everything works out ok, let us know if it fixes your problems.

10. vitortheone

vitortheone Guest

GPU:
    just ordered the psu. they were out of stock and should arrive only next week:bang:

11. vitortheone

vitortheone Guest

GPU:
    Got the PSU installed, everything is fine now! Thx's for the help!