ATI FireGL/FireProSoftmod - Discussion Thread for new members

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by schoko, Jan 11, 2010.

1. maumau

maumau New Member

GPU:
    AMD HD4500
    Hi all. I am trying to perfom the softmod to use it with Solidworks 2010 and a HD4500 > FirePro V3750. I had done this before when I had XP without problems (but using Solidworks 2008) and now it's not working. The drivers I am using are: FirePro_8.634_Win7x32_86102

I have read several times the softmod tutorial and I believe I got everything right.

GPU-Z and Device Manager both show the mod is working but Solidworks Rx is showing me Generic GDI. I have used DSEO to digitally sign the driver, but it's still not working.

Any suggestions?

Thanx in advance. :)

///

I used the latest FirePro driver and I have RealView graphics in solidworks. Yay.

What I'm still missing is the CCC taskbar. I think I saw some posts here about that. I'll give them a read.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  2. dassoubarna

dassoubarna Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 550v
    @maumau

If you want to install CCC after installing the new patched driver, you must have to edit the all "msi" with Instedit (http://www.instedit.com/) or orca as stated by schoko in the previous page.

@soko and @cadcat

I think my card is now fully functional with 8.723 driver and 8.53 CCC.

[​IMG]

3. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    @dassoubarna

ATTENTION: most LCD monitors haven't 10-bit (= 1 billion colors; 1024 grays per channel) color support but any CRT monitor has 10-bit because CRT has unlimited colors. :)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  4. maumau

maumau New Member

GPU:
    AMD HD4500

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012

5. maumau

maumau New Member

GPU:
    AMD HD4500

6. CADCAT

CADCAT Guest

GPU:
    Mobility HD5870 1GB GDDR5
    Sorry not possible atm.. Wait for new patchscript..

7. maumau

maumau New Member

GPU:
    AMD HD4500
    anyone else loses the ability to hibernate under windows 7 when using the patch? when i chose to hibernate, the system starts the process, the hard drive flashes (i suppose it is writing) but the CPU never fully shuts down, but the monitor does.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  8. Rekka3000

Rekka3000 New Member

GPU:
    6970 / 4870x2
    I wish we would get some more news on the script. My anticipation is high :(

9. slon1024

slon1024 Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor HD6950 2Gb
    @CADCAT , @schoko
    What doing atikmdag.sys ? It's core of driver or he need only for recognising video card?
    If I install new FireGL/FirePro drivers and replace atikmdag.sys on patched from v8.723 it's will be work with HD 6ххх cards?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  10. CADCAT

CADCAT Guest

GPU:
    I think atikmdag.sys is the main part of the driver.. As stated a few times we have to wait until schoko releases a new version of his patch script!

11. slon1024

slon1024 Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor HD6950 2Gb
    @CADCAT
    I wait. But I think if schoko does not replace your old video card on new, the new script may be not be :))

12. AndyTheAngel

AndyTheAngel New Member

GPU:
    ATI HD4890 1GB
    Hi to all.
    Sorry if I ask for old things or things that could be already be answered in the past, but I can't read all the 29 pages of the topic :3eyes:
    I have spent quite a lot of time reading the guide, then I was going to try it on my Radeon HD 4890, as long as I really really need the Ati Quad Buffer function.
    The problem is that while the guide use the example of a mobility radeon hd 2600 and find a corresponding driver in the fireGL product line, I can't find a corresponding driver for my RV790 chipset on my HD4890. So what should I do? :-(

I've read some pages, and noticed that other people had the same problem as me, but I can't read of a solution anywhere :bang:

Nevertheless, I was wondering... as long as Ati now supports stereo 3D from the HD5000 series, do you thing is there anyway I can activate 3D stereo function and quad buffer with standard radeon HD driver instead of fireGL? Maybe using a specific model of HD5000 or HD6000 series?

Thanks! :)

13. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Did the last (deleted) patch have any chance to work with desktop HD5 cards (at least partially)?
    I am in the need of 10-bit OpenGL driver support for a short time again (no need for opengl performance, just unlocked workstation tabs in CCC).

14. CADCAT

CADCAT Guest

GPU:
    @AndyTheAngel

take FirePro 8.723 driver and patchscript and your fine you should find it via google..

@janos666

you could also try 8.723 driver, works on my Notebook with HD5870 but performance could be better..

15. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    I think I tried that about 14 months and 9 pages ago. :nerd:

16. CADCAT

CADCAT Guest

GPU:
    I'm talking about driver version 8.723 not 8.773.. There is not patchscript for second driver or newer..

17. jaredtortosa

jaredtortosa Guest

GPU:
    HD 4870@ATI FirePro v8700
    HD 4870 to FirePro v8700 on Win7x64 DRIVING ME NUTS!!!! HELP!!

Hi everyone.

After reading most of the threads, I bought a used XFX HD 4870 to softmod to FirePRO V8700 on WIN 7-X64.
    I read that the only one working and stable driver was 8.723.

I have patched it succesfully and it shows as a V8700 with no Performance increase. ZGPU sees a V8700 while another program reports a 4870 card.

I have tried over 20 times with driver 8.723 and 8.634 with the listed patched for eeach.

This are my findings:

Driver 8.723-Sucessfully patched-Shows a V8700 but no improvement.
    Driver 8.634-Sucessfully patched-Shows a V8700 and over 500fps on MAX(?)

Specview 10 shows an average score of 20 on 3DS MAX and an average score of 26 on MAYA.

Ive followed several instruction guides to the letter. Some say to leave the patch with the Firepro ID number and the inf with your own card ID's number.

Most of the guides say to change both the patch and inf to your own cards number.

I have tried both and all are the same with both drivers, lists as a FirePro and no improvement on Specview or viewport in Maya or 3DS Max.

I have even copied the printed view of the threads on word in order to seach for 4870 or V8700 posts and there is no much help. Those who report successfully modding do not list the steps they followed.

Also, I reboot after ENABLING TEST MODE with and without F8 and there is no watermark anywhere to e sen on my screen. (WIN 7/X64) but the drivers patch and install sucessfully with the manual install.

What am I doing wrong? Any feedback on the subject will be for ever apreciated.

Thanks everyone for your hard work!!!!!

18. jaredtortosa

jaredtortosa Guest

GPU:
    Could you list how did you softmod your hd4870 to v8700. I have an xfx hd 4870 1Gb, and Ive tried anything under the sky with no success other than succesfully patching and signing and it shows as a v8700 with no performance improvement on both the 8.723 and 8.643 drivers.

Could you please post how you did it sucessfully?

Thanks!

19. CADCAT

CADCAT Guest

GPU:
    Testmode has to be activated permanently (watermark appears).. Then you have to disable driver signing enforcement on boot (f8).. Install driver, reboot, f8 again, sign atikmdag with dseo.. No need for f8 anymore, but don't disable testmode..

20. jaredtortosa

jaredtortosa Guest

GPU:
    Test Mode watermark never comes up after rebooting in Test Mod with Dso13!!

Thanks for your reply, I was loosing hope that anyone would care to reply.

I have turned on Test mod and rebooted with every step just as you described but the watermark just isnt't showing up!

Is the test mod disabled for those with Win 7 activated with a patch!!!?

Any help would be apreciated.

Thank you so much!!!