High End gaming setup help needed please

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by LeVarren, May 7, 2013.

1. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    I don't think a soundcard is necessary in light of modern onboard audio, which can deliver on the sound front. I used to be one of those who'd feel a system is incomplete w/o a soundcard, I've since changed my mind with the boards I am using now. My Crosshair V Formula comes with SB X-Fi MB2, and it sounds pretty good to me, but then, I'm really pushing it 5.1 wise as I have it hooked up to my Klipsch PM2.1, it sounds pretty darn good.....to me anyway, though I don't profess to be an audio guy. The 5.1 (up to 7.1 HD Audio) support on my Rampage IV Extreme is pretty good, for games and movies in 5.1 (using a Z-5500) and audio in 2.1. Although my 3rd rig has decent onboard audio as well, Maximus II Formula with SB X-Fi MB, I've replaced it with my old Auzen X-Fi Forte because I need the coax digital output to hook it up to my Z-5500 for DTS Connect 5.1 gaming and movies.

2. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    But if you ever do plan on getting a soundcard with a main focus on headphones... ASUS Essence soundcards are the way to go.

3. LeVarren

LeVarren Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7990 and 7970
    sweet thanks, just thought i would mention my my g920 sound awesome ...but hat mayeb becuase i have no direct comparison. However the virtual surround is pretty damn good i can hear wheer the tanks ae and when they pass..i can generally hear footsteps and be looking in the right direction when the dude appears.

Thinking about it do you reckon im going to need to ugrade my 850Watt Corsair PSU ? ..i hope not ! its brand new !

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  4. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    I believe your Corsair 850W PSU is up to the challenge. Let me put it this way, I had a HX1050 powering the rig you see in my profile, it was dealing with the load but did vent pretty warm air from the back. Though there was no indication that the PSU couldn't handle it, I'd decided to err on the side of safety by going X-1250. That 850W Corsair unit should have no problem handling 2x HD7970's.

5. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

No! The 850W PSU will be fine :)