Intel publishes early build of Android 4.2.2 for x86

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Intel has released an early build of the x86 version of Android 4.2.2. The release is intended solely for developers, Intel states on its website that the current build doesn't even meet its alpha re...

Intel publishes early build of Android 4.2.2 for x86

2. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    I take it the non-UEFI thing means it won't work on X58...?

3. FerCam™

FerCam™ Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming GTX980
    I have the same doubt.

4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Not unless your X58 board supports UEFI....

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    My board has UEFI BIOS but I'm not installing Android on it lol

I would have played about with it on my laptop

6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    WAhT!!!
    Android for pc?

7. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Its more for developpers of Android appliccations for the tablet and smartphone made with an Intel CPU .

8. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    At least the Linux kernel for x86 is newer than the Android 4.2.2 kernel for Qualcomm's Snapdragon SoCs. They're still stuck with 3.4.0 while the Intel build is updated at 3.8.0.

deltatux

9. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
  10. chilly willy

chilly willy Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    i use this because im too cheap to buy a tablet. i want to get one though looking at galaxy tab 3 if its really going to release at 150$. you can use bluestacks to sync your mobile device to it as well so you dont lose anything. i was just playing some castle defense game on it while watching a movie. good stuff works great.

11. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Looks like they only published img, that means they are meant for use using fastboot to flash to the hardware directly, it doesn't seem there's a way to boot these into VMs.

deltatux

12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Don't feel bad... A lot of us are too cheap to buy tablets. I'm waiting for there to be a quality tablet in the $100-150 range...

13. chilly willy

chilly willy Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    nice thats my price range too. any more doesn't even seem worth it. i am also going to get a tablet so i can keep my basic phone. data plans seem like such a massive waste of cash right now. about 30ish bucks per month for internet speeds i had in like 2005-2006 with a data cap? **** that.

14. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Nexus 7 is rather cheap and is built very well. Runner up would be the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0.

deltatux

15. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    HP Touchpad was in that price range, I got two of them, great tablet and running Jellybean.

16. chilly willy

chilly willy Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    i was thinking about the nexus 7 but its about 199-250$ and for essentially playing games on the toilet and words with friends and such from the couch and whatnot i would rather spend hundreds of dollars on a gpu or something. or hell a couple more bucks and a next gen console. 100-150 is more of my comfort spot. the galaxy tab 3 has pretty nice specs and is rumored to be about 150$ on release. if that is true i will probably jump on that.

17. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    That doesn't really count though, that price was a liquidation price to get rid of what they had left, and you have to root and hack the thing to run jellybean on it which to this day isn't 100% stable.

I've ran x86 android on my little dell net book before, it's perfect for the Internet and music and videos. Didn't side load any apps though with it, I may try here soon enough.

18. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    It is 100% stable, I've never had a single crash or problem, and by root and hack you mean copy and paste 3 files and a line of text?

19. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Funny, because most roms I've seen for the touchpad have all had at least one major issue, being the wifi, and most of them having a deep sleep issue. Also, doing this will void any warranty or support that hp will offer. Not a good idea to offer a solution that'll kill support of a product to the average consumer.

Also, you're not the only one with a touchpad. I highly doubt you've never had a single crash, but even if you really didn't that doesn't mean that others running android on their touchpads are 100% stable(which anyone in android communities will tell you, there isn't one 100% stable working rom for the touchpad).

20. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Wifi has worked fine for at least 9 months, all touchpads are at least 6 months out of warranty now anyway. I have two touchpads and my friend also has one, I can honestly say it's never crashed and runs better than my ipod touch, and my dad's galaxy s2.
    I don't game on it, but all my normal use apps run great (xbmc, mx player, opera, etc).

No sleep issues here, I can sleep for 8 hours and not even lose 1% battery.