G3D Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim thread Pt. 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

If bathesda want to give them a percentage that's their business... don't see how that effects me in anyway as I paid what I'd pay for any other game. Just hope valve sticking it's fingers in the pie doesn't destroy the one thing that kept people like me buying their games all these years.

2. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

I was replying to a poster who made the flame bait comments in the first place.

3. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Performance increase patch is coming next week guys.

Also Bethesda have stated that PC patches will roll out a lot faster than console patches as they don't normally take as long to verify.

The steamworks mod inclusion, I think, is a great idea. Obviously mods will be monitored on there as it would be their fault for putting up a broken mod, or a mod still in beta. That just would not make sense. Same as its your own fault if you take that risk and beta test a mod your self.

It also stats that nowhere that you wont still be able to choose your own mods from sites like nexsus or modDB...

source: http://www.vg247.com/2011/12/01/skyrim-to-support-steam-workshop-creation-kit-due-january/

quotes:

"For those who prefer existing communities, mods will still be available for sharing on indie sites like ModDB."

"The developer warned that stand-alone PC and Steam patches will arrive faster than consoles, due to faster certification turn around, and acknowledged problems introduced with past patches."

Seems like good news all around if you ask me, the game will be given great support in terms of patches and tool sets for modders. Mods will be easier to download and install from steamworks, and mods from indie sites will still be allowed (at users own discretion).

What more could you ask for really? They had to give this the love they are giving it, seen as it is the most played game currently on steam by a long long way.

4. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Yeah, I don't get why BlackZero hates NVIDIA & Steam, two companies keeping PC gaming alive. Without them, it'd be long gone. Or only MMO's would remain.

5. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

I don't hate any company... Just don't go following behind a 'single company' like they are the second coming either.. unlike certain members...

Seems like Mkilbride can't except critism of Valve..

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2011
  6. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Uh...I wasn't either.

But I posted this awesome news bout Steam doing this, which, I'm sorry, is awesome of them to do...and you come in and start ****ting on it like it is the end of the free modding world.

7. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

I made my opinion known... what's that to you? you work for valve so can't take any critism of their 'awesome' plans? you're acting like I was ****ting on your plans..

oh and what exactly are you doing in this thread anyway? looking at your steam gamelist you don't even own the game...

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Mkilbride/games/?tab=all

So what gives you the right to talk down genuine game owners making their opinion known?

8. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I know, but just saying.

I'll give you one and anyone else who replies towards this post or anyone commenting on the whole who works for Valve and who likes or dislikes Valve one more warning. That's not what this thread is for, and no need for anyone here to flame or troll anyone. Let's be courteous guys!

9. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

I think i'll just stop posting in this thread. I'm done with the same flaming from the usual members.

10. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Source games reinvented modding scene, and Valve never tried to stop or control it.

There is no ground for criticism here and u very well know it :)

11. Aveon

Aveon Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2
    Yeah i have done that once. you need to drive a critical bash to enable that Slow mo cinematic.

just post you screens to some image hosting website and paste the link here

12. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    I'll probably buy Skyrim once it's 30$ or so, after I get paid. I wanna buy it, but but 60$, even with mod potential, feels like way to much to me. 30$, since it's SP only.

Probably wait awhile, or find one of those Key selling sites.

Sad to hear how easy it is to kill Draganons.

13. smashly

smashly Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 560ti / GTX 670
    I enchanted my helmet with the power to resist drowning and I keep it handy all the time as you never know when your going to take a dip and find a nice surprise while your under.
    Still trying to work out how to kill a scalefish when your under water, damn annoying those little b's.

14. skypapa

skypapa Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 5850
    I love this game, but I have a problem in The Fallen quest in that I can't get the dragon to answer my call.
    I have over 100 hrs in as a bow sniper with 2 hand sword. Level 40, 130 locations, 2 houses and 50k cash with lots of stash. I have been doing things out of order. I guess, which I didn't think would break it.
    I went back 2 quests in the main story line and it is still broke.
    Any ideas?

15. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    haha, that Steam Workshop is kinda a douche move against Nexus lol

"You can still release mods in... MODB FOR EXAMPLE" WTF? Modb? like they dont want to mention Nexus on purpose haha :p

They could do something more useful like, for example, release a .nif plugin for 3DMax and Blender? Or a .nif viewer that knows wtf are all those little flags that ppl have to re discover test after test, month after month? Now that would be supporting mod community, by not having them figure things out years after the release of the game...

16. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

I'm not the only one to blame in this but it seems like you keep quoting me in every warning post, vbetts? In fact I'm the only one who's been making regular contributions to this thread with posting mod updates and helping other members. On the other hand, every single post by Mkilbride or noisiv has either been mkilbride criticisng Bathesda until steam's new role pops up and all of a sudden everything's awesome, or noisiv downright trolling as per usual.

anyway, I'm staying out of this thread from now.

17. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB

Uh, the original press release by Beth mentioned the Nexus. However, Moddb is a industry standard name for mods. It's the place to go.

However, yes, for something like Skyrim, Nexus is the best place. You don't have to get tons of approval and whatnot to upload a file. I love TESNexus, but for mods, Moddb is the source of all real mods, not just minor tweaks. :p

And how it is a move against the Nexus? They're not getting rid of support for it...just adding a viable option for the less informed user to right click on Skyrim and click "Browse Mods" and simple one click install. Taking care of all that build orders and whatnot for them.

18. outbreak123

outbreak123 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr V
    I Used to think like that.. 60$ too expensive etc.

But after clocking more than 140 hours on this game I'd say.. IMO This game is worth much more than 59.99$. If this thing is priced at 99.99$ I'd still buy it.. Bethseda created an amazing world in this game. :)

19. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    I just hope the mods being integrated to steam doesnt turn into a clusterf**k like the TF2 item shop wich is so hard trying to be the apple appshop for all things utterly useless and totally overpriced.

20. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    It does not stop you from gettinf mods from Skyrim Nexus etc. You can still install mod manually.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.