MSI Afterburner 2.2.0 Beta 2 (2011-03-29)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Mar 28, 2011.

1. N3MBOT

N3MBOT Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280xoc
    can you tell me a way to make the mjpg files usable in sony vegas?

2. monsterbash

monsterbash Guest

GPU:
    GTX N460 Cyclone 1GB
    I'm getting choppy/skipping playback on videos recorded using both the beta 1 & 2 versions of MSI Afterburner 2.2.0.

I've tried recording to my OS drive as well as a second HDD. I've also tried all 3 types of compression on both drives. While recording the game has a smooth 60+ fps and everything seems fine, until I take a look at the video output.

My PC specs:
    i5 2500k
    MSI P67A-GD65 (B3)
    MSI N460GTX Cyclone 1GB
    4GB of G.Skill Ripjaws X 1333
    Corsair 650W (CMPSU-650TX 650W)
    Samsung HD502HJ - OS drive
    Seagate ST3360320AS - Storage/2nd HDD

Also, when recording at "full frame size" the game captures my resolution (1920x1080) just fine, but when I put the frame size to "1/2" it records at 960x400 or some odd resolution.

3. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    Captured videos are silky smooth since beta 1 for me and half resolutions captures are exactly 960x540. Maybe your media player is struggling with the playback. Try encoding the result first.

4. monsterbash

monsterbash Guest

GPU:
    GTX N460 Cyclone 1GB
    I've tried playing them back with MPC as well as WMP, both are choppy. I've also tried encoding the output in Sony Vegas 9 and it does clear up some slow downs but does nothing for the skips/freezes.

5. izikog

izikog Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6950@70 910/1400
    with the last two betas my system faces blue screen with memory dump... I do not have any games installed that use punkbuster... uninstalling msi ab solves the problem

6. Blitz6804

Blitz6804 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 @ 1020/1502
    What exact error code(s) izikog? Have you written them down?

7. Dracozirion

Dracozirion Guest

GPU:
    ATI Club3D 6950 2GB
    Battlefield Bad Company 2 still freezes(+soundloop) after a while. Issue gone after turning off MSI Afterburner. Besides, I don't work with the OSD.

8. N3MBOT

N3MBOT Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280xoc
    same here , they say its punkbuster fault ,i dunno , they are the experts, im still waiting on PB update to see if the BSOD goes away or not.

9. TwOzCaR

TwOzCaR Guest

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 580
    tried cod 4 later last night. was kicked by pb also. happened after new AB beta update. so i think this goes for most PunkBuster Enabled Games

10. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

You do feel a difference between a kick due to OSD usage and hardware crash due to bug in BFBC2, don't you?
    You issue goes to you unability to read context help for "Stealth mode" option in OSD server. Nothing more, nothin else.
    Start thinking and reading.

11. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    I'm not having PB kicking me in games , even COD 4 , 5 , run perfect.
    Stealth mode !!!

12. Dracozirion

Dracozirion Guest

GPU:
    ATI Club3D 6950 2GB
  13. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    I think it's about time i step forward and say stop talking down to people!. This might be your software but if anyone has a problem with it or needs advice you treat them like trash. I've stood back from this thread and just watched, you have EXACTLY the same attitude as Derek Smart, thinking you are gods gift and everyone should bow down to you. Why don't you go over to Winuae forums beta section and see how the developer of that software treats people. Much better than you that's for sure

If the software development and helping people that don't read or miss read something is that stressful QUIT or learn to chill out. This is not a Troll post and anybody saying otherwise will be ignored!, i really admire and respect the hard work you do but not your attitude.

I'm no saint either i have my moments on any forum, but sooner or later you just need to step back take it in, mellow out and smile.

14. Unwinder

If you don't know / don't read / don't understand something and get a hint to peek in some place where it is documented, it absolutely doesn't make you trash and it doesn't force you to bow down. It is just a new knowledge you may get or ignore depending on YOUR attitude. And quite opposite, if YOU beleive that you know everythig and any offers to read something documentated insult you so much, then actually YOU are beleiving that you're gods gift, not vice versa. Some people understand these trivial things much better than you, that's for sure.
    And now please get away form this forum section. Whatever you say, you post is 100% trolling and the 3rd attemp of personal attack from you during the last couple months. And honestly I'm tired of wasting time on you.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
  15. Unwinder

Thakns, fixed.

16. Dracozirion

Dracozirion Guest

GPU:
    ATI Club3D 6950 2GB
    Unwinder, do you have any intentions on fixing the Punkbuster-Afterburner conflict, or do you know where the problem persists? I bet it's going to work by turning on the OSD & turning on stealth mode but I'd rather use as less resources as possible.

In case you don't, I'll just stick with the OSD or turning off Afterburner.

Thanks in advance, and thanks for this wonderful program.

17. Unwinder

OSD is not anyway related to current BFBC2 crashes, so stealth mode won't help. And it is not a Punkbuster-Afterburner conflict, it is the next funcamental bug in Punkbuster's memory scanner causing it to crash system when a lot of different hardware monitoring applications from different vendors are running. And neither MSI nor Sapphire, Gigabyte, Techpowerup or any other affected software vendors will do anything to bypass it. It is up to the programmer from Evenbalance who decided to search for cheats in hardware mapped memory ranges to fix the instability he created.

18. Dracozirion

Dracozirion Guest

GPU:
    ATI Club3D 6950 2GB
    Thanks for the explanation, I'll just turn it off then when playing a game that uses PB:)

19. Unwinder

20. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    Oh cool , thanks !!