Nvidia GeForce 301.42 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by xavier2k5, May 22, 2012.

1. retiredat44

retiredat44 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080-ti
    This version 301.42 is terrbile. Causing me and some of my friends huge problems with terrble frame rates in flight sims... we have to go back and dump this set,, terrible problems with these drivers..

:bang:

supposedly, the drivers go buggy with any factory overclocked video cards and the fps goes very low,, I mean very very low... how could Nvidia bungle drivers these so badly... there is no excuse to do such a stupid release... to put people through that... inexcusable...

IMHO

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  2. Pelzimus

Pelzimus Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 970 4GB
    Unless you get rid of drivers that come with Windows it's a bit pointless indeed, as after uninstall/cleaning and rebooting Windows installs it's own stone aged drivers anyway. So all that effort for nothing. And last time I deleted OS drivers I got only trouble later installing service packs...

3. Thuggles

Thuggles New Member

GPU:
    GTX 760
    I seem to have taken a pretty massive hit in TF2 compared to 296.10. FPS has dropped from about 40 average to 15.

4. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Yes. The driver included in Windows is typically just a minimal Nvidia display driver without control panel and PhysX I believe. I don't recall ever having a problem installing the latest official drivers on top of it.

Some people prefer safe mode or VGA mode, but personally I don't waste my time with it.

Agreed.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012

5. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Can I get a screenshot of your in game graphic settings?

6. lynspottery

lynspottery Guest

GPU:
    GalaxyGeForce GTX 560 2GB
    I downloaded and installed the nVida 301.42 drivers the other day but still am experiencing screen freezes in SWTOR. I am so frustrated over this issue and wish I could find a fix.

7. geppwnd

geppwnd Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680
    The main issue that I have which is annoying is when resuming from S3 sleep my monitor never gets signal until I hit the rest button. This is a known issue with 680 and x58 boards.
    FIX THIS NOW NVIDIA!

8. avparamesh

avparamesh Guest

GPU:
    Dell XPS 14 Laptop / 4gb
    301.42 Notebook Driver update fails

Hi guys,

I have a Dell XPS 14 Laptop with Nvidia GeForce 420m 1Gb graphic card.
    The current installed driver for it is 8.17.12.5981. This was installed by Dell itself.
    Recently, i tried to update the driver to version 301.42 WHQL.
    The installation was successful but when the laptop restarted , windows crashed and a blue screen appeared.
    The error was in the dll files of the driver.
    Then i had to do a system restore.
    I tried to update the driver again , still the same result - blue screen.
    Can anyone plz help me ?

Thanks.

9. geppwnd

geppwnd Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680
    The fix for you is to first go to add/remove programs and uninstall the current drivers. Then boot in to safe mode and run driver sweeper. Now reboot back to normal mode and install the new driver.

10. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    driver fusion for now !!!