FIFA 15 PC (Ignite Engine) Confirmed

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jun 6, 2014.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  2. Maximilian89

Maximilian89 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780TI Matrix Platinum
    There is a big change, but it is still early!

3. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    I think this is just arbitrary to put in recommended specs now and nothing to do with any kind of actual research done in development. 8GB is the new 4GB..

4. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

5. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    EA why dont you bring god damn NHL back to PC?!?!

6. Ellcz

Ellcz Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 / 2GB
    But no czech language on PC :((

7. quickecho

quickecho Guest

GPU:
    R9 270x / 2gb
  8. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  9. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Bring on the demo! Thing is I say every year I wont buy a footy game but always do...

Just reinstalled fifa14 and didnt realise there was a world cup option in ultimate team where u can buy packs etc.

Got an ok team now so gonna ramp up the diff to legendary soon.

10. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

11. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    This also boggles my mind as well.

Textures... no I don't think so not when a lot of the textures will be duplicated across the field.

A.I I doubt that also...

Then it could be because consoles both have 8GB unified memory.... Oh wait, no they don't. As well all know that developers do not have access to ALL 8GB memory. Xbox One reportedly have only 5GB open to devs with 3GB used for system OS, Kinect, etc. PS4 has around 6/6.5GB ready to use....

Still does not warrant 8GB being the minimum.... not even BF4 uses that much. I can run that on my second rig which has only 4GB DDR2 RAM and it runs fine on medium/high settings.

This engine must be god damn awful!

12. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    HAHAHAHA other than the faces looking decent the rest of those graphics are pretty standard or sub par to me.

13. ilducesaint

ilducesaint Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760
    dem recommend settings, still, at last ignite ****, i cant wait to play that in pc

14. pistol44

pistol44 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti (FE)
    I'd love to imagine that playing a sports game on a high end PC in 2014 would be a better experience visually than a console. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case for some reason. NBA2k14.. Much better visually on Xbox One/PS4. Fifa14.. Also better visually on next gen console.

Yet we all other games like FPS's look and play much better on high end PC's. I don't get it.

15. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It's because alot of people build and upgrade PC's for FPS's, while very few people do so for sports games.

I think it's getting better these days, but it's still a small market on the PC.

16. kapo

kapo Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
    It's because the publishers don't feel the return is worth the investment. We're lucky we still even have fifa, if it stopped selling EA would pull it in a heartbeat like they did with NHL and Madden. And I wonder how much longer NBA 2K will last with the half assed versions they put on the pc...at least they don't charge full price though.

It's nice to see fifa 15 on pc has caught up though. I'm looking forward to it.

17. pistol44

pistol44 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti (FE)
    But is it really that much extra work, time, or money for EA to develop a game like Fifa with just a hint of extra eye candy or additional/optional graphics settings that you can tap into if you have a high end PC? All games all created on PC's to begin with so I can't see why it would take extra work. If they do it for literally all other genres of games I don't see what this is impossible. Because up until 2k14 they actually did look and play better on PC. But it's only since PS4/Xbox One that sports games starting looking better on console.

18. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  19. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    $79.99 and $69.99...

Are they out of their minds?

20. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    NBA 2K14 is stunning on the PS4; absolutely love that game. Ditto for FIFA 14 which is better on PS4 than PC. Even the LEGO games look better on PS4 than they do on PC, granted the PC has the advantage of a 60 FPS framerate.

However, that's not because the PS4 is better, it's simply because the developers have chosen to use the same engine they use for the PS3/Xbox 360 version. I would imagine at some point that NBA 2K and the LEGO games will move over to full DirectX 11 support and mirror the visual fidelity of the PS4/XBO versions, just as FIFA 15 will be doing this year on PC.

That said, I would rather play sports games on my PS4 than a PC anyway but that's just a personal preference (ease of local multiplayer with 2-4 controllers, big TV/surround sound experience that my PC doesn't have access to, etc, etc). Plus the PC doesn't get MLB The Show, Madden, NHL or UFC games so as a platform for sports games it is far weaker than the consoles in that regard. IMO.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014