ballistix tac ram not loading

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Pwn5tar, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Pwn5tar

Pwn5tar Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 450 GTS 1Gb
    i bought another 4Gb of ram to put in all four slots i have tested each ram separately and they all load. But when i put in all 8Gb it will not load immediately it fails loading 3 times then it will run but only at 1333. They are rated at 1866. any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

2. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Probably needs a voltage bump

3. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I would go voltage as well, but in all honesty it probably would have been better selling your current 2x2GB and getting 2x4GB modules, seeing as they are so cheap now. Running 2 modules is much more 'computer friendly' than running 4 modules.

It could also be an issue with your current bios is you haven't updated to the latest. It's often the case they improve memory compatibility (they usually don't say what compatibility has been improved, only that they improved it) with new bios updates, and also new CPU Microcode which may or may not help the situation (especially considering the memory controller is on the CPU). Going by the recent CPU Microcode updates, I dare say that the target for that is the new Piledriver CPU's, so that would affect you. This is just an assumption!

Your download page:
    http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/990FX Extreme3/?cat=Download&os=BIOS

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2012
  4. Pwn5tar

Pwn5tar Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 450 GTS 1Gb
    im concerned as to how high should i go i do not want to fry them any suggestions?

5. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Well first of all, have you got the latest BIOS like I said earlier. Even though upping the voltage may work, it may mask another issue that could be resolved with the bios update.

6. Pwn5tar

Pwn5tar Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 450 GTS 1Gb
    I am sorry. Yes I have that bios already. Updated the same time I installed the 8350

7. naike

naike Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH5870
    Since you bought an additional RAM stick/set it might not work in dual channel with the original set. Or you simply may have too many sticks. Lower the speed, loosen the timings or bump the voltage.

8. Pwn5tar

Pwn5tar Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 450 GTS 1Gb
    so i have made it so it posts now after manually entering 1333 timings so now i have to figure out how to get them to 1866 without burning things up. I have read that this is pretty common with the AMD 8350 FX. thanks again for all the help so far and the ones about to come.