The AMD Ryzen All In One Tread /Overclocking/Memory Speeds & Timings/Tweaking/Cooling

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by chispy, Feb 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    delte

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  2. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
  3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    :banana:

http://valid.x86.fr/9jtn9j

When full load (DeusEx MkD) is stable at ~1.373-1.395v at 4.018Ghz/2800MHz RAM (temps <36deg)

I can always push to 4.1GHz at 1.42v

4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    New AMD AGESA Microcode in the Wild & New UEFI

I am getting back information this morning from motherboard builders that new AMD AGESA microcode has been released and we are now seeing UEFI/BIOS files appearing on manufacturers' websites. So if you are a Ryzen owner, I would highly suggest checking for new UEFI today and getting that flashed appropriately. Hopefully this will address some of the RAM compatibility issues we have seen. And as always, we suggest flashing the UEFI from inside the UEFI, not inside your OS. Also keep in mind that these newer UEFI do not always flash like older BIOS. I suggest flashing UEFI from a USB flash drive. Leave the flash drive in the system and leave it alone until you see the system back to the desktop, or back in the UEFI with instructions on what to do. The trick here is to NOT remove the new UEFI files until you are 100% sure the system is finished with the files. It is not unusual for this to take a "long time" with these newer UEFI systems, and it is very likely that you will encounter some reboots during this process. I mention this as I know many of you have been putting off new system builds for quite some time, and while UEFI is certainly more robust than the old-time BIOS, it does things a bit differently than you might be used to.

I would clear the CMOS, reboot, set optimized defaults, and then reboot again. Full power down, and then flash your UEFI. Good luck!

AMD Generic Encapsulated Software Architecture (AGESA), is a bootstrap protocol by which system devices on AMD64-architecture mainboards are initialized. The AGESA software in the BIOS of such mainboards is responsible for the initialization of the processor cores, memory, and the HyperTransport controller.

Source -> https://www.hardocp.com/news/2017/03/20/new_amd_agesa_microcode_in_wild_uefi/

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017

5. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    I think ASUS will ban my IP before long. I'm refreshing the BIOS page so many times, they must think I'm DDOS'ing them.

6. Kanuki

Kanuki Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 10GB
    CMU16GX4M2C3000C15

3000MHz 15-17-17-35 1.35v

7. okismoki

okismoki Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080ti FTW 3
    Well finaly got my system up and running stable 1700@4ghz 1.4v it would not do anymore regardless added power. Now only a bios update so i can get past 2133 ramspeed would be nice

8. w0nderz

w0nderz Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900XT
    Exactly the same here. No matter what voltage I set, even 1.5V+, it won't do 4.1GHz. Sitting at 4.0GHz 1.4V and 2666MHz ram speed. Is your Mb a B350 Tomahawk or a X370 Carbon?

9. okismoki

okismoki Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080ti FTW 3
    X370 Prime, i`m gonna take a last crack at memory speed before i turn in for the night :)

10. Kanuki

Kanuki Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 10GB
    I couldn't even get stable at 4.0GHz with 100x40.0 / 1.41v / SOC 1.25v / LLC level 2.

Is there anyone here using 1700X with ASUS C6H (with BIOS v1001)
    can get it stable at 4.0GHz?

Would you mind share your settings?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  12. PhantomGamers

PhantomGamers Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 EVGA FTW
    I have the G.SKILL TridentZ F4-3200C16D-32GTZA, bought it when it was on sale for $185 and thought I was getting a pretty good deal, didn't realize compatibility would be such a headache ;(

Seems like 8 gig sticks push higher clocks easier

Haven't tried, but is the performance bump from jumping to 2933MHz big enough to make the increased timings worth it? I'm not really super knowledgeable with RAM speeds and timings so I don't know.

Also I have ASRock ;), so I have to wait for them to push a bios with the new microcode. Hopefully soon!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  13. Kanuki

Kanuki Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 10GB
    Does ASUS Crosshair VI Hero BIOS v1001 already include new AGESA Microcode?

14. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Nope. Next ones might

15. Kanuki

Kanuki Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 10GB
    Can you teach me how you set your 1800X to run at 4.05GHz?

16. PhantomGamers

PhantomGamers Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 EVGA FTW
    Has anyone by chance heard of any updates with the am4 brackets shipping from Corsair? Seems like radio silence on their end, really itching to get my cooling situation sorted.

Or are there any other companies shipping them reliably? I'd even buy another cooler at this point if someone else was fast to support this new chipset, but I suppose with all of these AIO watercoolers coming from the same manufacturer they're probably all in the same boat.

17. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    100*40.5. You can use 0.25 so 40.25, 40.50, 40.75 and so on. I just bought the 110i gt which has am4 brackets.

18. Kanuki

Kanuki Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 10GB
    what about all the voltage setting?

19. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Oh I had voltage at 1.35. Hmmh now it's on auto I think since I fiddled a bit more here and there. Going to fiddle more once I get a new bios that has the new microcode.

20. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Based on those timings i'm positive you have SK Hynix dual rank memory. Open up cpu-z and check under SPD timings if it says Ranks - Single or Dual like this ( This is Samsung B-die single rank memory ) ( SK Hynix would say Ranks - Dual )

[​IMG]

Check the first page that i have updated today with Overclocking Using AMD Ryzen Master Utility for Overclocking Control: There is your answer.

Check the first page that i have updated today with Overclocking Using AMD Ryzen Master Utility for Overclocking Control: There is your answer.

Check my post # 522 , i can do that tomorrow and i wil share my settings for you to try.

Patience my fellow Guru , tomorrow i will post a new Overclocking guide based on manual overclocking on the first page , keep an eye on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.