The GTX 1080-Ti Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by XenthorX, Sep 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I haven't had that much time to play around with fan settings. I was waiting for my block so I didn't care much about the fan/noise/overclocking yet. Unfortunately EK took a bit to ship it, so it looks like I won't get it till Monday. This weekend I can play around with it and do some tests.

In Wildlands, it seems to hover between 78-82c with the stock curve. I do keep my room pretty cool though - so it would probably just go to the 84c thermal limit before the fans go crazy.

2. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    In Assassins Creed Syndicate results looks strange, 4K score similar to 1440p? Maybe 1440p test included MSAA, while 4K not, but if so they should mention that.

[​IMG]
    Also that benchmark chart looks strange. TitanXP is 10 fps slower than 1080ti? I quess they have used new Nv drivers for hitman on that 1080ti, but not on titanXP.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  3. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    My monitor doesn't have displayport, can the displayport to DVI adapter still deliver 120Hz at 4K? Need to be sure before I order this card.

4. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    You mean QHD? I don't think anything supports 120 @ 4K, I don't even think there are any monitors that are 120 @ 4K.

Either way the answer to the question is no. The adapter that ships with the card is passive, not active. You need an active adapter to do QHD @ 120.

5. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    I meant with downsampling, currently I can use 4K DSR and 120Hz. Would be really lame if I need a $50 adapter on top of that.

6. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Just wait for 3rd party cards they will have native DVI

7. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    With a 1080ti? Those tests in the article showed otherwise. Do you just have a founders version?

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I see, thanks. Yeah its a bit hot, still.

I'll wait for customs and how much it costs, lol still have a seller for ~ 500€ he is ok to wait 1 month. :nerd:

9. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    Some clueless guy wants to pay you 500 euro for something that's worth 370-400 euro (that's the price for used 980ti in my country), and you still wait :). Few days more, and he will most likely find about 1080GTX with improved 11 GB/s memory in the same price, and that card will be faster than 980ti even with 1.4GHz OC.

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I don't mind what he does after, I was going to sell for 450€, but added extra 50 for bidding offers, another is selling for 650€ and its only us 2 on whole portal, then I said ok why not 500, lol was 695e total inc post exactly 1 year ago

Or I might keep it until Volta, 2yrs is usually the limit :pc1::nerd:

11. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Well, as usual with hardware purchase. The longer you can wait, the better.
    Considering current video game market, the games i play right now, i can't find a reason to upgrade my 980-Ti.
    I just play 4K with some mix between ultra and high and it's fine.
    I don't have that kind of money to spend on GPU right now, and even if i did i don't have 'this' game that will push me to do so.

12. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    No matter when you get something there will always be something around the corner. I totally disagree that a 980ti is sufficient for 4K gaming though. Most of the games I've played need medium or lower to manage 60 fps in 4K. I'm not willing to sacrifice that much quality to get 4K. That's why I'm really looking forward to getting a 10&0ti. Once those are out and in decent supply I plan on upgrading.

13. Elrynill

Elrynill Guest

GPU:
    Asus 1080ti Reference
    Hey guys, just got my 1080ti (asus reference) since yesterday. Great performance, but I got my first tdr in Deus Ex Mankind Divided. Game ran smooth as butter in 4k, and suddenly BAM crash to desktop, TDR.

I know this is a driver problem, and since 378.78 is the first driver that supports the 1080ti I wondered how long it will take them to fix problems like this.

Gotten tdr's with 980ti as well in the beginning until the driver matured, then everything was running rock solid.

Any other owners that gotten a tdr yet ?

Ow btw, I made a custom fan profile with slightly higher fan speed and the card stays at roughly 76-77 ° at 57 % fan speed. There is quite a lot of noise difference from 50 % to 60 % :p

14. tomog

tomog Guest

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 8GB
    What's with the prices?
    http://geizhals.eu /evga-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-ftw3-gaming-11g-p4-6696-kr-a1595665.html

15. stdavidchen

stdavidchen Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti OC
    Got my 1080 ti for a week, upgrade from R9 290.

4K 60FPS in most of the game. However, really cannot bear the noise from the stock fan.

OC to 2G+ core, and mem 6000MHZ, custom fan curve by afterburner.

Need 60% of fan to keep core lower than 75 degree. But at this point, the fan really sounds like a jet fighter.

Order a EK titan x water cooling block....must replace the stock fan.

16. Lemonking

Lemonking Master Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE 4090 OC
    ugh I'm pissed I can only come home on the weekends because i'm at work all week.
    The card comes in on Tuesday finally I ordered it almost 12 days ago. -_-
    Thank God I have a 4 day coming up starting Wednesday.
    So to register the card for the step-up program I just the SN and invoice?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  17. zig11727

zig11727 Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080 Ti
    The step up program is not valid for the same model . I had a 1080 EVGA founder's edition and was told 3 times by Customer service once FTW model was available I could step up.

FTW 1080 was available and I was told the step problem is only for low-end models only.
    So here is how the step programs works.
    So if you just purchased any 1080 model within 90 days you could step up to 1080 ti founder's edition.

I will never purchase another EVGA product after this.

18. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Why would a customer service rep tell you something that EVGA has never done as a regular step up? The models and the program is clearly spelled out.

http://www.evga.com/support/stepup/
    That you would not use EVGA because of an optional program that benefits you that nobody else has is strange. Never mind they have the best warranty and service.

19. zig11727

zig11727 Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080 Ti
    @HeavyHemi
    I was told 3 times when I called I could step up to a better model of same card and the phone conversable was taped and verify by the Supervisor.

So again I will never purchase EVGA again.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  20. Lemonking

Lemonking Master Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE 4090 OC
    Oh wow I did not know that I guess I'll just return the card agye R playing with it for a week and wait in the MSI gaming edition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.