Display Driver Uninstaller Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Wagnard, Jul 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Really? It's already fast though. When do you plan to release the next build?

2. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Few minutes ;)

3. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    3.2 is UP.

Speed + some fix to folders permission.

Tell me if the speed increase was visible and of course If i broke something...

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  4. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    I noticed the speed cleanup. Can you provide a link to your previous builds as I want to compare build 3.0 with the latest uploaded build.

5. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  6. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Next version will have more reg cleaning. There is some stuff left to be remove that could help people both from AMD / NVIDIA to fix driver installation issue.
    Thanks to the old yellow mark issue I now know a bit more of the registry and where some specific stuff goes...
    No eta as I will test this a bit more before pushing it to public as the logic for searching those key in the registry are becoming quite complicated and I don't want to cause a big problem to those trying my cleaner.

7. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Wow, just, wow.
    It's even more amazing than before.
    I love the simplicity and speed, and now, you made it FASTER.

Thanks Wagnard.

8. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    :thumbup:

9. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Just to let everyone know, Shady757 has joined the project !

10. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Trying this build now. V3.3 right?

11. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    It mostly affect Nvidia tho. but there are some new stuff like logging to a .log file

12. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    V3.4 is out.

Nothing new on the cleaning side .Mostly background change on deleting stuff.
    YOu guys can check the SVN for full list.

I Consider this version quite stable too.

13. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    nice cleaner :) i used 3.3 yesterday and very fast too, keep improving it :pc1:

14. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    The cleaner works as intended and it's very fast when compared to v3.0 along with the AMD Default uninstaller.

Other Thoughts
    I take that you are doing the registry cleanup because a few registries from the install packages still remains. Correct?
    Anyways I will be look forward to your future releases.

15. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Yes there are still entry that are there. They are probably being overwritten anyway when we Install a new driver. But I want to make it as perfect as possible.

16. Joe 69

Joe 69 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 1GB
    First of all, want to give you my congratulations for your work making this useful uninstalling program and I’m sure it will be perfect and better than all others I have tried……and sorry for not trying it because I don’t have a new driver to install (I’m very glad with kevsaniga’ s 11.12 Hybridized R13 UV 2 Final Vista Win7 x64 OS on my 4850) .

I have a curiosity because you say, in the first page of the thread, that it removes the current and all precedent driver from the windows Driver store so………want to see if your uninstaller can resolve something I notice………time ago dellon made an inf mod ( ATI Catalyst Universal INF Mod ) with the nice intent to make visible the hidden settings in CCC for all cards under 7xxxx series.

The INF mod is meant to be Installed after and over the driver you want to use it with so to have an integration: same driver with more settings in CCC. (for dellon: correct me if I’m wrong)

But, with this method, I notice that, for example, in c \ windows \ system32 \ DriverStore \ file-repository (or even in c \windows\ inf ).there will be traces of two drivers installed : the real driver and the new one (that is not a driver but only pops on the hidden settings).

That means, for me (maybe I’m wrong), that the system considers the inf mod like a new driver (but it isn’t).

In fact, if I want to uninstall all, everything I can use (Atiman, driver sweeper….ect) products the same results: Only the last one installed (the inf mod) can be uninstalled and the first one (the real driver) is still there in c \ windows \ system32 \ DriverStore \ file-repository .
    Also all the stuff that remains of the “real driver” can’t be picked up any more using again any uninstalling program/method because the first uninstall sweeps away part of it .

The only way to delete the “real driver” that I found is:
    1. first uninstall (that delets inf mod and part of the real driver)
    2. reinstall only the “real driver”
    3. uninstall normaly the real driver
    ………so now the system is clean.

So, now hers my 3 questions:

1. with above scenario ,can your program be able to uninstall everything in only one phase ??

2. if yes, that means that your program, when used, can be able to uninstall simultaneously both the driver mounted that others existing in the system (windows amd default or others there for mistake or for win update) ?? (for example, ATI man uninstalls only the driver, CCC,..ect. that is working and dosen’t detect the rest)

3. if 2. is yes and correct, that is what you mean for “it removes the current and all precedent driver from the windows Driver store” ??

I don’t know how your program works because I didin’t use it but, if I can make a useful consideration, a nice thing would be that, after that the program detects what is on the system, we can be able to make a choice of what can be deleted so, in this way, you can safely integrate even the amd chipset detection.

Thanks for all
    Joe69

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  17. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080

1- Yes

2- Yes that is what cleaning the driver store means. This normally work if nothing is unussual with the inf mod or the system itself.

3- Yep

Normally after running my uninstaller, it should be similar to a fresh install of windows. At least it's what we try to achive and so far we seems to have good result.
    This has not been tested with driver as old as the one you have. There could be some package that dont get removed. If I missed some stuff, feedbacks from users like you will help polish the application.

For the chipset detection, it is not really needed as I dont plan to remove it and by thefault, the applicatio nshould never be able from the driver store a driver currently in-use. Most of the removal is done manually with the current knowledge and finding that i got with the AMD / Nvidia driver.
    Feel free to look at the code if you know a bit VB.NET

18. Joe 69

Joe 69 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 1GB
    Thanks for the answers and, just to make you know, I'm not using dellons inf mode now, it was only a curiosity and my actualy drivers, that are kev's drivers (11.12 Hybridized R13 UV 2 Final) , have 4 mounths (they are modded drivers like dellon's ones) so they are not so old and have same packages so don't think will have problems like package that dont get removed.
    Of cours, when I'll use your program, give you feedback.

19. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Ahh, the inf mod was actually meant to be installed as if it were another driver to allow users to either uninstall using device manager or temporarily revert back to their default driver settings

20. Joe 69

Joe 69 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 1GB
    I don't know now if you have a new version, but I'm talking about the first (the one in kevs 13.1 R thread) and second edition (in your thread) of your inf mode and the uninstall results were the same for all drivers i tested.....even the originals like 13.1 (not only kevs 13.1 R).....two folders in driver store after install........only one away after normal unistall.

Ahh, If you have a new version that dosen't do that after a normal uninstall (because the real problem is that you never made, with that method, a real integration info mod-driver, in fact, for the system they are considered two drivers.....so two folders in driver store)......I'll give them a try.......as you know, I always appreciate and respect others work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.