AOC g2460Pg 24-Inch Monitor comes with G-SYNC

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 25, 2014.

1. szakh

szakh Guest

GPU:
    GTX980ti EVGA SC+@1501Mhz
    Got mine... G-Sync is really really a huge step forward but I have a huge problem of homogeneity on my AOC, see the last image on the next page to get an idea of the perceived effect:
    http://www.hardware.fr/articles/681-1/dalles-too-economiques.html
    The problem is such that the screen becomes really unusable ... Big disappointment and return to sender for exchange. I really hope that this is not a widespread problem on the series! ... If not I understand the low introduction price !!!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  2. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Well if its any consolation mine is fine !!

Good luck with the exchange

3. szakh

szakh Guest

GPU:
    It is indeed (a consolation) ! It means I will be able to have a chance that the new one will be in perfect shape :) ... That's all I want !

...Ahhh, PC monitor shopping has really become a lottery sport these days... :(

4. szakh

szakh Guest

GPU:
    For information I received my RMA monitor from AOC Europe.
    And...
    And... I am so sad, there is clouding/mura everywhere, and as the other screen all the color are washed up in the bottom part of the display and over contrasted on the upper side.
    I just discovered that in a Netherlands review of the screen they have the same issue : At the bottom of this REVIEW. The most funny part is that they say this is a good screen despite this issue ??? No, I am sorry I cannot use a screen on which while playing a game and a dark wall is displayed this wall looks flashy gray on the bottom and black on its upper part...

So... To sum up :
    1st AOC G2460PG => One huge clouding on the bottom part
    2nd AOC G2460PG => One big clouding on the middle part, one small clouding on the bottom part, a dark part between these 2 clouding part, 3 mura on the middle right part of the screen
    1st AOC G2460PG review => Dutch translation said "The screen luminosity looks strange, like the screen has been punched on multiple part"

=> Something is seriously wrong here !!... AOC bought cheap B- 144 Hz panels, add a G-Sync module, sell it 350€ (hopefully I did not bought it 450€ as it was first annonced)... I feel like raped here :( ...

I will try to have an exchange where I bought this monitor to buy something else ! Maybe the ASUS ROG G-Sync if I really need to spend a lot to have something good...

I just want a good G-Sync screen :( ... Or I will wait for the IPS G-Sync ??

Ans then for info I have 4 Monitors at home currently (the AOC is the 5th), I have 1 Dell IPS (the best), 3 TN (Samsung, Asus, BenQ) and the AOC is by far the worst... Sorry :(

5. szakh

szakh Guest

GPU:
    As an exemple, I took this picture.
    This is exactly how it renders on the first monitor I got and the RMA one... So I am pretty sure they all render the same :( ... Look at the yellow folder icon to see how it looks bleached on the screen bottom :

[​IMG]