Titanfall: Xbox One vs PC Graphics Comparison

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 14, 2014.

1. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Name calling - it always get's your point across. :)

Some of us aren't actually "stupid" based on the premise of having ownership of an xbox one.

Honestly I am losing faith in the occupants of this site every day.

Really though, go on. You certainly seem vexed enough. Why hold back?

2. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    I really don't understand the video comparisons, lossless screenshots provide a real comparison that isn't being dumped on by compression artifacts and they eat less bandwidth.

At RedDawn: Even with all other things equal, X resolution and AA is a huge advantage.

3. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    1. We will not see a big difference with these videos from YouTube.
    2. The visual gap should be smaller now since we are dealing with newer consoles. I expect a Xbox One or a PS4 to look similar to a PC now. Its not going to be like it was with the old Xbox 360.

4. I prefer XBOX ONE in this comparison, PC version looks washed out (extremely bad contrast).

I also had that problem with abd contras on nvidia GPU's, so maybe that was the problem i don't know, maybe that PC used green GPU.

5. Trolle

Trolle Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX3070
    not really no
    there is still quite a big gap and they are only just released.
    pc's will keep improving and the consoles will stand (almost)still for the next 8+ years

6. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    PC version looks much clearer from the start.Xbox1 version looks good also for what it is.Don't see what the fuss is about honestly.

7. gapson

gapson Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD7870
    You need to have an "apple to apple" comparison to be honest when you comparing a console vs PC. Of coz we all know that PC will do the best out when you have an ultimate machine...
    I have been playing FPS and various games on PC for almost 15 years and the investment I have made were enormous!
    Putting value for money to your front side, a console could have longer life span than PC as the game developers would adjust (downgrade) the graphics quality to suit. But game developers tend to set higher hardware and software requirements in pc in order to draw the interest of gamers. So the main point is where you place your value on: value or graphics?***65279;

8. nicugoalkeper

nicugoalkeper Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL OC 6GB
    I think nVidia and Intel will be the first to make a move because they where left outside (PS4 and XBOX one use AMD) so this is a big thing, and this will force the new trend (a need for nVidia and Intel to make more money from better PC gaming).
    To me the new consoles seem more like a PC that ever before (not in specs but at game development).
    Another new thing that makes the console to lose ground in this gaming war is the smartphones gaming.

9. Mojojoe

Mojojoe Guest

GPU:
    :
    Not as huge a difference as I was expecting, more because the PC version didn't look like it was using particularly high resolution textures than anything else. Although the scene with the rocky peaks in the mid-ground did a pretty good job of highlighting some of the more noticeable differences like the AA, LOD and the more pronounced colour correction of the XBOX.

I'm a little disappointed really, during their history consoles have introduced innovative new forms of gameplay and then a period of introducing ground breaking technology that was ahead of anything else available. Now they seem to be doing neither, which doesn't really sound like a good plan for survival.

10. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    I can't see much of a difference. It looks like they use really poor textures on both, the pc has slightly better lighting, that's it.

11. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    Eh, they both look good to me. I have personally just gotten to the point that for myself, I have grown tired of being a graphics whore.

12. xIcarus

xIcarus Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Gamerock
    washed? everything is so much clearer on the pc, saying otherwise indicates fanboyism. you like higher contrast? set your display to a higher contrast.

13. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    television gama from a pc gama are very different in my opinion, reason why the xbone looks darker, and since the devs made this game with pc in mind first, i think they forgot to put a proper gamma profile in the xbone version.

14. Valagard

Valagard Guest

The exact, literally the exact same textures between XBone and PC versions

The only difference is that PC sometimes has more shadows, better lighting at times and a stable frame rate, not to mention MUCH clearer because its far higher res

This is just depressing, but this is an EA game, I saw this coming from miles away they were going to phone in the PC port

15. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    Even worst this is an EA published game sponsored by Microsoft. Don't ever think that a company like EA decided to make a game exclusive without receiving an hat made of cash.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2000/10/23/it-is-also-called-moolah

EA as the publisher. Money paid by MS for the exclusivity. It's no surprise the the game looks average on PC (average at best).

16. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF
    tbh..the textures on the PC is pretty dam low res, lots of blurry textures, so i dunno if its really a fair comparison.

sure it looks a bit nicer on the pc, gameplay should also be a lot smoother, but textures....its just looks nice due to high resolution. there is tons of blurry textures in titanfall.

17. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Xbox version has slightly lower rez textures and some awfull blur filter on, fxaa or some such. Other than that looks the same.

18. xIcarus

xIcarus Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Gamerock
    yeah that's what I was thinking. those textures are pretty bad, I expected the pc version (AT LEAST) to have better textures.