Blackberry 10 Club

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by Super XP, Jan 10, 2013.

1. scipio

scipio Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    Isn't the galaxy stellar the basic model free phone?

2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i love BB products because teenagers, girls, yolo people dont use it here. the only phone they use is iphone mostly. and S3 etc..

i used BB 9900 for months and i was so pleased. now iphone 5 is my frıend but again, once iphone 5 officlay launched here, everybody attacked to get one. and i hate it when i see it in the hands of yolo people.

In here BB is Businessman phone. and i see it in the hands of people like Bank managers and well, business men :)

3. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Yep, you obviously dont know as much as you think you do, and all though androids can get malware, most people are smart enough to not get them. Just as sykozis said, check the hardware differences. So either BB rep trying to sell a product or super fanboy, take a pick lol.

4. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    here is totally the different, not all teenagers can afford iphones and galaxies, most berries are under 300$ and they have that overhyped bbm lol

you want to look different? There are lots of windows phone, meego, and even symbian phones with top notch build quality

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Interesting. Indeed look is important for me but the quality product and the price must be abit high for me.
    The thing is 9900 was as expensiv as iphone4s here. And it was easy to use and respond to my needs.
    I mostly use phone for efficient office tasking, dvr remote camera management, remote pc control, and social networking alittle bit. And BB 9900 was good.

Iphone 5 now, wins the game. Im happy with it. But when thesenBBs are out. I will examine them. If they r asmgood as 9900, im in the game.

6. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    yep, a friend of mine got the 9900 and indeed is the best bb i have ever seen, i enjoyed it tbh, fast and responsive and a premium look/feel

but the 2.8" screen kills the deal for me

7. Cartman372

Cartman372 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1660Ti
    You aren't seriously implying that the version of QNX that corporations use is the exact same OS as BB use...right? You do realize just because they're both based off of QNX doesn't mean they're exactly the same thing...

What features does the BB10 offer that "no other smartphone" offers?

Everything you've listed is something Android or iOS already has, but worded differently to make it sound new or revolutionary

You have to be absolutely retarded in order to get malware on your phone...

If you go to the Play Store or the Apple App Store and see an app that has a 1 star rating and bad reviews, and you still download it, then that is entirely your fault.

I've been using Android since 2010 and have never had a virus/malware on it.

Hell, even my Mother has been using an Android phone and hasn't gotten malware on it.

That basically sums up what I thought when I read it.

This.

Really now, how can you prove that? Since the iPhone and BB10 are on two completely different hardware specs you can't really compare it speed wise.

So I'm curious as to how, statistically, BB10 "kicked Apple's latest iOS in the teeth with ease"

8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    yeah small screen. thats a deal breaker true.

the new QWERTY keypad BB looks like has abig screen..not?

9. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    yea they look huge because of the form factor being the same as the 9900 yet using a 3.2-3.5 inch screen at 720x720 resolution idk what aspect ratio that makes, i think they should make slideouts like the torch 9800 that was really cool now make it 4 inch instead of 3.2

10. Norvekh

Norvekh Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti
    RIM lost their chance when they didn't adapt to iOS/Android taking over the market. They may have been able to recover had they been late, but more like 2008-2009 late, not 2013 late. Microsoft hasn't even made much progress with WP and they now have years on RIM and far more resources at their disposal, including juggernaut Nokia. No, BB10 can't just be good or amazing to pull people from their halcyons, their entrenched app ecosystems. BB10 and WP both suffer, and will suffer, from this. Android and iOS both have such massive developer support that they can offer everything from the essential to the esoteric. RIM isn't just fighting uphill, they're fighting a sheer vertical wall of the canyon that they etched into the stones of time with their delays. While it takes millions of years to etch the stones of the earth into the grandest of canyons, in the blazing pace of the consumer electronics world all it takes is a handful.

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Meh... you could've summed it up in Steve Ballmer speak :p "DEVELOPERS!! .." :p

12. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Blackberry still has a cult following them and some of us that don't want it here or bashing it are the minority of minorities lol It will sell good, either we like it or not. If they somehow do fail and go down then it's not a good news for any consumer.

13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    after seeing iphone 5 in the hands of my wife's friends who doesn't have money for taxi but has iphone. i put another distance to iphone 5 into my soul lol.

Desperately waiting for BB -_-

14. Super XP

Super XP Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD 6970
    Short and simple, Blackberry 10 in BETA blows iOS out of the water. This is a basic fact. You can see dump loads of YouTube Videos. The one thing people don't realize is iOS is dead, it's old and inefficient. Apple needs to dump iOS and come up with something else.

Android and iOS DO NOT HAVE BlackBerry's Hub, Flow and Balance, just to name a few, if anybody thinks otherwise then they are delusional. Even iOS and Android Dev's praise BB10 for its speed, efficiency, innovation etc.

BlackBerry 10 is the new toy in town, the best mobile platform EVER released in existence and the most secure. I shouldn't have to tell you or anybody this, it's a basic fact.

The issue is all this misinformation and nonsense about RIM being bankrupt. Complete nonsense. I went to New York, and a Best Buy clerk had the balls to tell me not to sign up for BB10 because RIM filed for Chapter 11. Are you kidding me lol, I told him where to go. It's **** like this, manipulation, misinformation that confuse the public. This industry is big enough to have 3 or 4 big players in the game. We've only taped 50%. There's another 50% to go. Perhaps 10 years from now we will hit another 20+%.

Good luck to BB10. Pushing innovation once again.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  15. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    That's subjective my friend. It might be a 'fact' for you, but the guy next to you might find it the most boring OS on earth. You can NEVER generalize anything on this planet because there are billions of humans and they have brains that are more complex than the entire universe itself. So, what I am getting at is that NO human is the same and they are all bound to have a different taste.

16. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    It's only really school kids/chavs/teen mothers pushing prams in the UK who still have BB, mainly for BBM. Drug dealers like them, too.

I seriously doubt RIM can pull me (and many people like me) away from under Googles lovely comfy open sourced wing that lets you do basically anything you can dream up.

17. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Personally I am excited for BB10, but not because I'll switch over (just got my Nexus 4) but am interested in seeing it going back to the corporate world. RIM lost a lot of people in the corporate space and BB10 looks amazing in this space. BlackBerry Balance has been generating buzz amongst IT professionals who are looking to implement BYOD policies since it has almost perfected Personal and Work spaces.

I know there are a lot of people moving their personal devices from BlackBerry to iPhone and Android, hopefully they'll not leave or will go back. Maybe if RIM's in luck, those bored of Android and iOS will migrate to BB10.

Personally, all the gripes I had with BlackBerry OS seems to have been addressed in BB10. I absolutely despised the BlackBerry OS interface, glad to see that completely overhauled in BB10.

Lastly, as a Canadian, of course I want a Canadian company to fare rather well in the marketplace.

Unfortunately, it's not an open platform, so I'm sticking with Android for the foreseeable future.

deltatux

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  18. NeoElNino

NeoElNino Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 8GB Soon
  19. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    haha this is so true! i am sure its better than iOS, coz that its just old and boring now!
    I hope RIM puts up a good competition to Android so Google dont get too comfy and relaxed at the top!

20. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    I have friends who upgraded to BB10 (Z10 to be exact) and they absolutely love the thing. They only complained about lack of WhatsApp and Skype but those should be fixed soon.

I've heard interest from Android and iOS friends going BB10 but they haven't committed. Personally, I can't commit to a closed ecosystem for my own personal device but would be more than happy to have it as a work device.

deltatux