AMD Catalyst 13.6 BETA (13.101.0.0 May 23)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, May 28, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Maki

Maki Guest

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte R9 290
    well this is kinda annoying Borderlands 2 still don't work for me ; ; game's still unplayable on the lowest settings >.<

2. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Have you completely disabled Physx in the game? The only thing that would be stopping it otherwise on your rig is Crossfire, but you can disable that for the game also. The other possibility is that you have some over-the-top AA or other setting set.

3. Offler2

Offler2 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD 7970OC, 3gb
    I teased Thracks that C++ 2010 package in Catalyst is not the newest one and that this one is newest:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26999

Ok, they beated me up, with the most recent one :D. Also I hope that some most persistent DX9.0c bugs were fixed...

Last edited: May 29, 2013
  4. V-FrIeNd

V-FrIeNd Guest

GPU:
    GTX 750Ti
    In HD6520G + HD 6650M Dual Graphic Laptop
    doesn't have switchable program list to change power save or high performance.

[​IMG]

5. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    it was really more of an irritation with having to reininstall the security updates every stinkin time...

6. Prasad007

Prasad007 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970M 2GB
    Thanks a ton, asder! :)

7. ToBbErT

ToBbErT Member Guru

GPU:
    2x sapphire 7870
    Very good driver just like the last unofficial driver. Thx asder00!

8. rongtw

rongtw Guest

GPU:
    asus 1060 strix
    nice driver for BF3 :) smooth and no problems

9. ToBbErT

ToBbErT Member Guru

GPU:
    2x sapphire 7870
    Yes very nice driver for bf3. Im even able to have stable 60 fps on 2560x1440 maxed out on 64 player server. AMD made me a very happy man :)

10. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 ti
    Would never install radeonpro again. I had to reinstall system to clean up the mess that caused. Crossfire broke to a point I thought I had a burntout card or dodgy crossfire bridge.

11. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 ti
    Considering how **** the weather is in the uk it may as well be a good time for drivers.

12. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 ti

13. HairyCube

HairyCube Guest

GPU:
    nVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M
    Switchable graphics woes...

This driver gives me an igpkmd64.sys BSOD every now and then, pretty much like 13.4 WHQL. Some people say that uninstalling KB2670838 fixes the problem, but it doesn't. It still crashes, even on a computer that never had KB2670838 installed. Something was changed in 13.4 that now crashes the Intel GPU driver. It doesn't even matter which version of Intel driver is installed... This forces me to go back to 13.1.

And two problems I have been reporting in vain for so long...
    When "Select the graphics processor manually or based on power source" is selected, Serious Sam BFE and Skyrim crash the driver within 1-30 minutes of gameplay (has been like that since 12.1). It occurs only in fullscreen mode. Doesn't happen on 11.12 or older.

When "Select the graphics processor based on application needs" is selected, Dolphin emulator performs about 2-3 times slower (has always been like that).
    I've been reporting the last 2 issues for every driver release for almost one year... I'm giving up now.

14. SAG

SAG Active Member

GPU:
    R9 270 @1050/1400
    No boost at all with the new 7790. Still 43 fps in MetroLL. Except WoW runs smoother. No more micro stutter with single GPU.

After 3D mode, the GPU stays in full load in 2D mode, only the ram throttles back down. You guys should check it out.

Edit:
    Found the throttle bug. It's not the driver. GPU-Z is causing this. After starting GPU-Z, the GPU goes to full load & doesn't throttle back.

15. Mozgus

Mozgus Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7950 3GB
    The HDMI audio dropout still isn't fixed. What the hell is wrong with AMD? How many YEARS does it take to fix this?

This is still the only fix that works for me, but you are keeping your card from going into a low power idle state, from what I understand. Such a waste...

http://www.overclock.net/t/1295464/...-output-on-7970-12-8-drivers/10#post_18728285

16. sekta

sekta Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Reduces frame times but doesn't do any frame metering to eliminate runt frames. Try again.

17. Seren

Seren Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
    Dota 2 seemed like I was playing with 20 fps, turns out with vsync on it was capped at 60 and wasn't lowering but frametimes were all over the place... Turning off vsync I can't notice lagg but it's still capped at 120 fps which I don't remember happening before...

18. Luke7

Luke7 Guest

GPU:
    4 GB
    If you are using IE10 on windows 7 or windows 8, stay away from any AMD driver newer than 13.2 beta7.
    Sadly, the 13.6 beta's still crash with IE10+flash (11.8.800.64)

19. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    CAP's are included in this driver?

20. CoMa666

CoMa666 Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090 Fe
    It's your problem, i have 13.5 beta2 and never crashed with flash on win 8 pro 64 bit