Solution to poor gf4 performance

Discussion in 'Links' started by McDeth, Jul 5, 2002.

1. GooferZz

GooferZz Guest

@ tigertailz, if the 3d bench u have tested your system with is 3d mark 03, it gives a very bad idea, try ut2003 flyby or 3d mark2001, much more reliable

2. mikesmoove49

mikesmoove49 Guest

what drivers work with the rivatuner
    cuss everytime i install and one it doesnt work i tried 29 up to 45 and i have a geforce fx 5900 ultra

3. Cyberdan3

Cyberdan3 Member

GPU:
    PNY 8800GT 512MB
    Where can you get the newest drivers for the motherboard. I went to their website but could not find help. If i got my computer a year ago christmas, would there be new better drivers out? Would these drivers just make the computer boot up faster or make it more stable? Also, how do I know which motherboard i have....? Thanks for answering these stupid questions.

4. Oldtima

Oldtima Guest

Hi my gf4 cant handle RTCW (fps). I think i got the problem down to in properties it says its only running at x2 agp when it is a 8x card and im sure my motherboard supports 8x also.
    However my bios doesnt seem to have any agp options!
    Anyone got any clue how to change this, i have read a lot of the other posts on here where some people getting similiar problems do i need rivatuner or something..?
    thx

5. MoonRipper

MoonRipper Guest

Hi, Im new to this forum and Im kinda noobish when it comes to hardware.

I have AMD 2100+ thoughrbred B, 256 DDR333, and an MSi Ti4200 8x 128 on a MSi K7N2 mobo model MS-6570

I flashed my Bios lately through an automated MSI program.
    After i formatted my HD, I noticed problems with my PC performance which some of them I fixed when I realised my CPU was running as a 1500+ (it was on 100hz instaed of 133 in bios)

Now I think my PC is messed up because :
    3dMARK 2003 runs even worse than before
    and some other low performance stuff i noticed in games

I loaded the 3Dmark2003 display info and it says the following nottable things about my chipset:

Manufacturer MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD
    Model MS-6570
    Version
    BIOS Vendor Phoenix Technologies, LTD
    BIOS Version 6.00 PG
    BIOS Release Date 08/12/2003
    BIOS Properties Plug and Play, Flash, AGP
    AGP
    Revision 3.0
    Rate 4x, 8x (4x enabled)
    Available Rate 0x0000000c
    Selected Rate 0x00000004
    Aperture Size 0 B
    Sideband Addressing supported (disabled)
    Fast Write supported (disabled)

1. Is sideband addresing disabled normal ? if not how do I change it ?
    2. Is fast write disabled normal ? how can i enable it if not ?
    3 Agp rate 4x enabled ? Isnt that wrong since my GC and my Mobo support 8x ?? How do I change that ?

From bios I changed AGP apperture size to 128 (it was 64) . Did I **** up? Do i need to put it to 64 again ?

I cant describe how grateful i will be on any help you could give me . . . I am trully desperate and disappointed by PCs in general as of now :(

Thank you in advance

P.S. What scores I should be gettin in 3dmark2002 and 3dmark2003 with this system ? any Ideas ?
    P.S2. I have rivatuner but havent used it cause I didnt understood it.

6. Dr. Vodka

Dr. Vodka Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X
    dunno about that moonripper, but the solution in the first post works for me!!!

7. Mick-S

Mick-S New Member

should the graphics apeture size be the same as your cards, have a GForce 4 ti4600 128mb, in the bios it`s set to 256, also in this thread, there was something about IRQs, my graphics card is on the same one as my soundblaster live, just like to know if any of the above could be holding things back and if so how do I change them.
    any help very much appreciated. Mick-S

8. nieXas

nieXas New Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X 128MB
    Ok i have

AMD Athlon™ XP 2700+, 2162MHz, 256KB
    256MB DDR400 Mhz RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X 128MB
    80GB HardDrive
    Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2 (5.1 - 2600)

I have used many drivers...
    But in Counter-Strike 1.6 it is 99FPS (cool)
    But if someone throw sg (smokegrenade) i get only 20-40 FPS :\

Antialiasing OFF
    Anisotropic filtering Aplication-Controlled
    Image Settings Performance
    Vertical Sync OFF

What to do ?! How to get more fps in smoke

Also the same problem with AGP2x MAX OS

http://www.imagedump.com/pics/136506.jpg

Last edited: Apr 2, 2005
  9. sweetansimple7

sweetansimple7 New Member

GPU:
    NIVIDA Gforce4
    Got a problem with Macromedia projector

I'm not sure really what to do i have been getting an error that the "Macromedia Projector has encountered a problem and needs to close" everytime i try to play 2 games that i bought. I have downloaded all the most recent updates for my video card (NIVIDA Gforce 4) nothing works. Will the riva tuner work for this problem? or dose anyone know what to do for this?:question:

10. lord_wenk

lord_wenk New Member

Mine is Cardex Geforce4 MX 4000 128MB. Running at AMD Sempron 2600+ at via chipset (i dont know what series), 256MB RAM, with Latest updated driver
    The 3d game pictures quality is to poor... It doesn't display car reflection on Street Racing Syndicate and GTA San Andreas. At Pro Evolution Soccer 5 it have to be runned at 640x480 and low quality display option. The game is running at 20 - 40 FPS. And the antisotropic filtering have to be shut off...
    How do to fix it? Help...

Last edited: Mar 8, 2006