Ati X1800 / X1900 Faq

Discussion in 'Links' started by CraptacularOne, Jul 10, 2006.

1. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Guest

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    IMHO, the 1900 succesor chip, the R600 will still have 16 pipelines.
    But the main advantage will be the set of 64 unified pixel/vertex processors.
    Just imagine the geometry transformation power of 64 vertex processors!

2. I'm salivating at the thought......

3. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    *Hands Craptacular a towel*

4. corsini

corsini Guest

pci latecy says 16 on my ati 1900xtx clock speed slow

in ati tool the latency of my card says 16 and you cant change it if you say clock speeds will show slower than advertised my 3d mark is not that good how come when i try to push up card speed it just jumps back

5. Did you dissable the services in CCC and are you using ATI Tool Beta and setting the 2D clocks?

6. notyou

notyou Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6970
    My x1900xtx has low clock speeds as well. It shows them at 500/594 & will not let me change them. I tried it CCC & ATT. It just goes back to the 500/594.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2006
  7. Dublin_Gunner

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    2d clocks m8.

And overclocking with ATT on x1k series cards does not work, yet.

Use something like rivatuner's hardware monitoring graphs, and run a game or any 3d app.

The graph shouldbe set to record you clock speeds, you will see them then jump up to what they should be at when in 3d mode.

Please read the guide (i.e. the start of this thread expains this)

8. mindbender

mindbender New Member

New and confused

First of all great info and thanks for that; Being old I am too nervous to try and over clock my ATI x1950 XTX so I am trying to find the factory settings for this Vid card but not sure what they are so please forgive me for asking a few stupid questions and I hope u can answer them so I can have some piece of mind

1) What is a good GPU and CHIP tempeture for this card? Using the ATI Tool 0.25 Beta 15 I got the following info which I ran the minute I got it from the store; I had asked about overclocking but wasn't sure about doing it my self so I think they were only trying to help me by doing it themselves with the Cat 6.11 system

The Core was set somewhere around 648.00 and the MEM set at 999.00 and the temp of the GPU was running between 80 and 83 degrees C nd the CHIP was around 65 cegrees C with the fan running at 57%

2) Is the default settings, after reading your sticky. the proper factory setting that being CORE=506.25 AND MEM=594.00 with GPU temp running between 65 and 70 degrees C and CHIP temp around 53 TO 58 Degrees C.

3) Last question It appears to me, after reading till I almost went blind, that if you overclock your Vidio card there is a lot of extra stress on it and in the end after a long period of time, a year or two of usage, it can only shorten the life of the card and thats the reason for the factory settings that is to give the card maxium life I cant seem to find info on the net as to what the factory settings for this card should be and what is an acceptable temp range for both the GPU and CHIP any ideas where I can?

Again thank you for your help in advance

:formal:

9. dukedave5200

dukedave5200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 285 OCX - SLI
    GPU Core Speed in 3d: 650MHz
    Max acceptable operating temp on core: 90C

Overclocking equates to extra heat. Heat causes any electronic component to wear out faster, usually though as long as you control heat - overclocking doesn't cause too much harm. However, overclocking your card will not give you very much noticable performance increases, but this depends mostly on your cpu, mobo and ram. If your cpu is top of the line, then overclocking your video card would show more gains, or if you use very high resolutions (1600x1200 or greater) and max out IQ (image quality/eye candy) then you may see some gains.

Depending on your cpu, I would say that you should keep with factory settings. You video card screams as is...

10. Wwhat

Wwhat Member Guru

GPU:
    6600gt & X1900
    Since you can now do software crossfire on the x1900 range perhaps someone should update that part of the FAQ.

11. Sargone

Sargone New Member

Very useful info, thanks man

12. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    I have a bit of a problem and that is for some reason when I am playing games like GRAW(Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter),Battlefield 2 and 2142,and Call of Duty 2 some times ATI Tray tools will shut down with out me knowing and I will have no idea because I use a head set.Anyway the temps will go up 85 then I hear a warning beep in the head set and I asume it has to do with the video card overheating or something and then not much time after that the game will crash and vpu recory thing will activate(sometimes) or restart my computer just depends.BTW I like to have my fan speed at the max just to keep it as cool as possible,and that is why I use ATT and I also use some of the tweaks that is in it.My system specs are in my sig if they are needed.Thx in advance Jonnyboy.

13. Dublin_Gunner

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    get the latest version of att from the download section and reinstall. I play the same gmes, and never experience those issues.

14. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    well I a few days after that I decided to pop open my case and I found that it was loaded with dust and I used two air canisters to clean it out and now everything is ok,and there was alot of dust I had to wear my sun glasses cause it the dust was blowing all over.

15. daimon

daimon Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon X1600 > pro FireGL V5200
    Can anyone tell me how to setup a resolution of 3360x1050 (1680x1050x2) on my dual monitor configuration? My resolution now is set on 2560x1024 and looks really bad (stretch).
    Thank you

16. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    I have 380W PSU, it has 24A on 12 rail...my comp works like a charm, I measured voltages with mulimeter on full load (running 3dmark05) 12V rail (measured directly on power connector) is 11.89V witch is pretty decent, when computer is idle it is 12.04V...So just get a quality PSU...Also I tried 8800GTX (I am a sort of hardware dealer and sometimes take components home for testing) and it works lika a charm on the same PSU. Dunno if it would work with c2d overclocked dough, prolly will but maybe unstable...

17. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Hi.

Just one question to sort out a conflict in information.

I am planning to buy THIS PowerColor X1950Pro Part No. 47125020 20549 from HERE.

Does this card in particular support Crossfire/Multi GPU? After reading those two websites and this topic, I am really confused.

18. Dublin_Gunner

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Yes, all x1950 cards support Crossfire out of the box. They do not need a master card, just 2 identical cards.

19. dogwalker

dogwalker Guest

frequencies no longer changing in CCC

Ok, I understand (and appreciate) the differerent 2D and 3D frequencies, and that feature used to work correctly for me but doesn't any longer. And emails to ati, ecs, and newegg have been fruitless.

I upgraded my system three weeks ago, buying an x1950xt and a mobo/cpu combo from Fry's (E6300 and cheapo ECS PT690 mobo), and installed the 7.2 drivers. All went well for a while, although I do have a boot problem (more on that separately). Frequencies changed (yes, I checked) and games ran great.

Then after uninstalling the 7.2 drivers and installing the newer 7.3 ones, I found that the actual frequencies never change now. I decided to download ATI Tool, and sure enough, it will force the frequencies to change successfully, but without that tool, the CCC will either not detect that I'm entering 3D mode or doesn't prompt the card to change (or the card doesn't get the signal), I don't know. I simply know the CCC never displays a frequency change now, unless I use ATI Tool to force it.

Other information:
    XP Professional
    2 GB DDR6400
    ATI Sonata II case (with its psu)
    Audigy XGamer sound card
    gigabit nic
    dvd drive
    dvd writer
    two hard drives

20. Dublin_Gunner

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Could you please fill out your specs in your sig, as per the sites requirements?

You should use DriverCleaner to get rid of anything ATI related in your registry.

Re-boot, and then install 7.3.

BTW, you'll find most peeps here dont use CCC, but use ATI Tray Tools instead.

When installing the 7.3's, chose 'custom' or something, then untick the boc for CCC, and re-tick the box for the driver. Install, then install the latest version of ATT.

I've noticed nothing similar in my setup using 7.3 & ATT. I wonder if its something x1950 related, as those cards seem to have all sorts of problems with the drivers. for some reason.