Features that are removed or deprecated in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Watcher, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT
    Information can be found here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-or-deprecated-in-windows-10-fall-creators-up

2. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    Lord almighty....There killing off
    **** my life! I been using this for as long as i remember! What will i use in its place?

3. shamus21

shamus21 Member Guru

GPU:
    I hope things improve with this update. I have had to do so many resets and reinstalls with this bugged up creators update I now do not have it running on any desktops or laptops full stop it just costs to much money and time trying to fix problems. If Microsoft are not interested any more in the OS then why not sell it off like every other venture that they screw up.

4. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Does this refer to the Win7 backup solution that's still included in Win10? It's highly annoying if it's removed. I use it alongside a third party software. Two separate backups are better than just one, I always figured. More worrisome is that my aging mom only knows how to use the Windows backup solution.

I don't really understand what would be the point of removing it. I hope it refers to something else. But then again, this is Microsoft were are talking about, so making sense is purely optional.

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It says deprecated so it should still be there. Double check by installing a slow ring insider build on a vm.

You can always install LTSB 2016 (14393) for the elderly because it won't change and you won't have to worry about explaining MS decisions to them.

6. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT
    I highly recommend " Macrium Reflect FREE Edition "

It does more then " System Image Backup (SIB) Solution " and for free.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Macrium_Reflect_FREE_Edition_d6034.html

http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.asp

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Back-Up-and-Recovery/Macrium-Reflect-Free-Edition.shtml

7. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Macrium Reflect is really good.
    The only thing I care about that it cant do (not sure about the paid version) is recover individual files from a backup.
    The complete backup needs to be restored.
    At least thats how it was 1/2 year ago ...

8. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    You can mount the image like a virtual drive so couldn't you grab individual files like that?

9. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    It didnt have that feature when I tried it.
    I'll have another look.

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Does this mean no more Mystify screensaver? or even Ribbons?

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    #Maze4life

12. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I use Acronis True Image.

primetime^ likes this.
  13. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT
    Acronis, which is the industrial leader in this field, is far from Free.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  14. zig11727

zig11727 Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080 Ti
    I use Aomei Backupper PRO which has a lifetime upgrade policy and it is $49.95 for two seats if you catch it on sale it's half the price.
    There also offer a free version too.

Acronis is good but every year the company releases a new version if you want to stay current you must purchase a new license.

15. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT
    I've tried Aomei Backupper PRO and I'm still not convinced it will recover a " System Image " to a new hard drive. I base this in fact that when I made a " System Image ", the image did not include all three partition at the beginning a hard drive that are found on a typical EFI Partitioned hard drive. It only copied two out of the three beginning partition plus the OS partition. If I were to restore this image on a new hard drive, one of the partition would be missing unless Aomei Backupper PRO would recreate the missing partition by itself?

Macrium Reflect and Acronis copied all four partition on a " System Image " operation, as I would expect it to.

You may want to examine this operation for yourself.

16. zig11727

zig11727 Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080 Ti
    Aomei Backupper Pro (system) clones and restore images fine with all the partitions in tack I been restoring system images for two years using Aomei Backupper Pro. If you are restoring an image to larger or different SSD or Hard drive you must select enable Universal Restore and the destination drive must be wiped and have only one partition and the image will restore and create the three partitions. The image will work fine and boot after that option is selected.
    Cloning with Aomei Backupper Pro the destination drive must be wiped (raw) No Partitions at all and must be the same size or larger than the source.
    There are also other tricks to restore a system image to a smaller destination drive I used when I purchased my M2 SSD.
    On my main PC I use Aomei Backupper Pro as my system restore instead of the one built into Windows.

When using Aomei Backupper Pro I can roll back from a bad insider build within minutes.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017