Thumbnails

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by SentinelAeon, Jul 9, 2017.

1. SentinelAeon

SentinelAeon Guest

GPU:
    7950 HD
    Hey,

I have a problem with windows not saving thumbnail file but instead making new one everytime or almost everytime i enter a folder with images and/or videos. Mind you this is extremely annoying if folder contains many images/videos that are stored on a HDD disc (not SSD). When i enter a folder i have to wait for half a minute until thumbnails are generated and my HDD sounds like it is going to explode, i actualy feel sorry for him.
    I need the thumbnails and it is beyond me how someone could think it was a good idea to generate them over and over again.
    I did some googling but all the solutions involved some serious windows tinkering, which i would rather not do since OS is otherwise working perfectly.
    I am using windows 8.1 with classic shell, loving it and plan to keep it for some time. Is there an easy solution to stop this madness ?

2. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
  3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It is fixed in win 10. You have to put up with this problem in older versions of windows. Try installing Icaros. It has its own cache to workaround this problem so you won't have to recreate the thumbnails everytime.