[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Redstone 2 - Creators Update

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    ISOs added to OP (Ignore the Insider Preview naming, just because it has not officially been announced yet, and is still only released to insiders)

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    4gbs of update, i was expecting to see more like 4.96 gbs

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Just an update on my Windows Store issue post-build 15063 upgrade... it looks like the Store was continuing to download Gears of War Ultimate Edition even though it appeared to error out and then restart. I was finally able to play the game last night after 3 hours despite it only appearing to have downloaded 6 GB out of 52 GB. My internet is not that fast that it can download 46 GB in that time (unfortunately) so it looks like the download progress counter was a little glitched.

This still doesn't change my mind though that the Store is amateurish and unfinished when you cannot validate downloads, nevermind back them up (especially useful for larger games) like you can on Steam. If Microsoft really want the Store to succeed and be a real contender for Steam, Origin and Uplay then it needs to make its software meet 2017 standards and expectations.

The only remaining issue that I have (that I am aware of, anyway) is a bizarre one... the icons for the closed folders in the Start menu appear blank until I click on them and then they show the open icon correctly and the contents. All the actual programs, apps and game icon display correctly, however, it's just the closed folders that don't.

Does anyone know how to fix this please? Granted it's a minor issue that does not affect the functionality of Windows in any way; it is still slightly annoying to see blank icons where there should be yellow ones.

4. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Probably the same ISO files you have in the OP

Via the Verge:

Microsoft lets you download the Windows 10 Creators Update a little early:

http://www.theverge.com/2017/3/28/15086112/microsoft-windows-10-creators-update-download-iso-files

I'm just waiting on nVidia to release WDDM 2.2 drivers before I do a clean format and install of this update, hopefully they do it soon and don't wait until Windows officially releases the update to the public.

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Thanks, yea same ISO just different mirror

What will WDDM2.2 offer over 2.1?

6. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    I remember on my HD7970 with AMD there was big improvements gained when the jump to WDDM 2 drivers happened.The lowest frame-rates increased, stuttering decreased, API Overhead improvements.

I don't know what to expect from nVidia and my GTX 1070, or if there will be any improvements or not. But I am hoping they have a fix for the DPC latency issue that has plagued me since day one of getting this card (posted about it up a few posts ago).

7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Have you reinstalled Windows 10 since getting the card?

Read a few posts from people saying that sorted latency issues for them, others saying their only solution was to return to 7/8.x, but that was early on when 10 first released

EDIT - Playing AI I get this result, and I do get clicks and pops when audio plays, particularly system sounds, but only since installing my soundcard, with onboard I never got it

But just sitting on the desktop I don't get any problems at all, everything stays in the green

Either way, other than the clicks, I don't notice any issues with anything else

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  8. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Twice I formatted, once before the Anniversary update got released (Redstone 1), and then after the update got released too. Clean fresh install.

The only thing I did not try was returning to Windows 7 or Windows 8.1

But if after Redstone 2 the same issue remain, then I will consider formatting immediately to Windows 7 just to test it.

EDIT:

Didn't see your edit, but I fixed all latency issues outside of the nVidia driver by doing the below (run in Command Prompt Admin Mode):

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5169176&postcount=1015

AND the MSI Mode Utility I think I got from that thread somewhere too. Changing the Soundcard to it. I think this is it:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/hrxw4rsb9xnw1ei/MSI_util.zip

9. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Just edited my post above

10. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Haha me too :)

EDIT:

You should try both methods I added in the edit above and report back. Since you don't have a pascal card, it'll probably fix all your latency issues.

11. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Thanks yea I`ll have a look, got called out on an emergency "Got no network connection" PC repair job just there :D

No idea what had happened, static worked for a while then failed, static set to xxx.xxx.xxx.5 but network status and router showed xxx.xxx.xxx.189

In the end I reluctantly clicked Win 10's network reset button and it surprisingly fixed it

12. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Surprisingly is the key word here, I'm actually surprised that fixed the issue.

:banana:

13. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

lol yea, and considering I manually ran netsh winsock reset commands, and when I hit the reset button, CMD opened with a netsh command running.... lol

Got a laptop to fix with me here now, clean installed this new RS2 build, all drivers installed fine, non would start, a load of ! in device manager, couldn't get a single piece of hardware to start other than graphics

Finally gave up, decided to try RS1, every single driver except one installed and started on first boot, the last driver I found myself and now have 100% working drivers/devices

RS2 = No drivers working other than graphics
    RS1 = All drivers working fine

Not a good sign

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    guinea pigs title for all!

15. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    [​IMG]

Well, fixing stuuuuupid computers has made me tired, I'm off to bed :D

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    they looking at the laptop and say wtf cant we just pee on it.

17. Titan29

Titan29 Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 | 7900XTX
    Can one do a clean install using the iso? Also, what tool can be used to make a bootable USB?

18. Guru01

Guru01 Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA RTX 2080
    Does anybody know if they fixed the installation on a raid configured system? Last time it had issues installing, not sure maybe build number 15002. Maybe give a shot myself to see if it will install on a formatted raid configuration tonight.

19. joe187

joe187 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070ti FTW
    15063: Start Menu is somewhat broken. Once i try to start customizing it, remove the default tiles and adding my own programs to it, it starts freaking out, and just will not get to how i need it. Did a clean re-install just to see if maybe something went wrong on the 1st install. But no, same thing. Oh well, other things i found annoying but can be worked around, but the start problem is just too much for now. Back on 1607, hope it gets fixed eventually cause otherwise the OS worked fine.

20. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    That ISR time is big. I assume you did not install Intel RST drivers or (AMD SATA ones). Probably your rig has several devices along with SATA controller on the same shared IRQ.