[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Redstone 2 - Creators Update

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Seems very likely to be the issue yes, oh well just hope it doesn't happen again anytime soon, although literally seconds off downtime both times it was annoying lol

2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I'm surprised there aren't any patches so far. AU had a patch every few days.

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    MS are still playing the 'Won't confirm either way' game, a patch/update would confirm

Even though we have things like buildfeed.net showing there have been no more RS2 builds since 15063 internally or otherwise, quite pathetic on MS behalf tbh

4. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    there is hebrew iso? i cant install this iso without delete all programs

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    All the not-stupid people have left for greener pastures both within and outside MS it seems...

None so far.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    No official links yet ,eh

7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Official ESD links in the OP for most languages, decrypt to ISO (Decrypter link in OP too)

8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yosef's He-Il is there too. BTW what's clientcombined? 5 in 1?

9. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Pro, Home & Education in normal and N ESDs

and all the above & Single Language in the SL ESDs

Code:
    ClientCombinedSL Indexes:
    =========================
    Index : 1
    Name : Windows 10 Pro
    Description : Windows 10 Pro
    Size : 15,278,163,599 bytes

Index : 2
    Name : Windows 10 Home
    Description : Windows 10 Home
    Size : 15,099,341,449 bytes

Index : 3
    Name : Windows 10 Home Single Language
    Description : Windows 10 Home Single Language
    Size : 15,102,384,056 bytes

Index : 4
    Name : Windows 10 Education
    Description : Windows 10 Education
    Size : 15,096,909,438 bytes

ClientCombinedN Indexes:
    ========================
    Index : 1
    Name : Windows 10 Pro N
    Description : Windows 10 Pro N
    Size : 14,186,823,273 bytes

Index : 2
    Name : Windows 10 Home N
    Description : Windows 10 Home N
    Size : 14,010,929,474 bytes

Index : 3
    Name : Windows 10 Education N
    Description : Windows 10 Education N
    Size : 14,167,149,296 bytes

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    not talking about ESD ones

11. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    ISOs coming next week

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    that is what i waiting for, i to lazy to want to deal with encrypted/encrypting stuff.

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Kodi seems to have issues with the store version again.

https://www.onmsft.com/news/windows-store-breaks-kodi-tv-app-update-microsoft-plans-to-fix-it

Stupid store. Can't do auto updates either. I won't forget the misery it put me through with forza horizon 3 either.

14. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Great news, I am waiting for the ISO to be released before formatting and doing a clean install of the OS.

Do you think nVidia would have dedicated drivers for the Creators Update by next week too? Or will we likely not see them until the OS is officially mass released to the public?

I'm hoping with the Creators Update & with the new nVidia drivers optimized for this version of the OS, it would solve the DPC Latency issues with Pascal cards (specifically with nvlddmkm.sys).

15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I'm using 378.78 with this build and I have no latency issues.

16. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    No issues with latency here, but it's still possible that NVidia may release drivers specifically optimized for the Creators update, as the Creators update features WDDM 2.2, whereas Redstone 1 uses WDDM 2.1.

With Redstone 1, NVidia did release specific anniversary update drivers if I'm not mistaken, so they might do it again this time around.

17. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Just to show you guys what I mean, I turned on Latency Monitor, and ran Fifa 17... started a single player match, and exit the game after one minute.

http://imgur.com/YIDVmLG

I'm still on Redstone 1, but I've had this latency issue since day one of purchasing this card.

nVidia improved it with driver updates, so even though it's high in the latency monitor, for 95% of games I do not notice any latency issues.

18. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I'll try Nier Automata in the evening with latencymon open and post back.

19. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Well the update from build 14393 to 15063 went without hitch but I noticed a number of 'hiccups' over the weekend post-upgrade including blank Store app/game icons in the Start menu only (which also refused to open) and incorrect icons for the Map, Calendar, etc, only in Settings > Default Apps (oddly they all used the Adobe Photo Shop app's PS icon!!!). The former I fixed on all but one game by resetting and reinstalling the apps/games (all of these were on my H drive not C by the way) and the latter by clearing the thumbnail cache using Disk Clean-up.

Unfortunately though, the Windows Store is being an absolute pain and refused to repair the Gears of War Ultimate Edition install using Reset so I had no choice but to install and redownload. I've been trying all weekend, first with the game downloading to my H drive and then to C but it keeps stalling with an error. Each time it gets further... 6 GB, 10 GB, 27 GB... but on clicking Retry the Store simply starts redownloading it! Urgh, is any wonder people hate the Store so much?

I cannot believe that after five or six years that the Store still has no way to revalidate its files, back them up or even reliably pause and resume large downloads. In my experience, it generally works fine but for larger games it feels like blind luck as to whether a game will install first time or not. Also, the Store seems to think nothing of consuming all your internet bandwidth yet still takes far longer to download games of a similar size, say, compared to Steam, Uplay or Origin. It really is in need of some serious work IMO.

P.S. Another glitch I've noticed is that the folders under Start > Programs all show as blank icons until I click on them then the contents and the folder icon itself appear!

I guess these kinds of glitches are more likely on my system as it is basically an accumulation of Windows updates and upgrades from 2013 when I first installed Windows 8 Pro on my then newly built i7-4770K PC. Since then I've upgraded to Windows 8.1 Pro and several major revisions of Windows 10. I honestly only really ever come across issues after upgrading as usually post-release cumulative updates usually fix the majority of them (as a lot of them are actually bugs with Windows itself).

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  20. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I think for the release day update they are waitng a while. Hyptothetically, if the release of Windows 10 Creators' Update were to be released to the public two weeks after going RTM, it's very obvious that releasing an update three days after it going RTM is a little pointless.

My guess is they will have one 'big' update, give people enough time to test it properly and report on issues, and have those fixed in time for the actual release. This doesn't mean there won't be more than one, but they need to be sensible with it. There's also the point of the necessary internal testing before release. By the time the update is released to the public, the next cumulative patch would probably already be in testing, defeating the purpose of the first patch. It's a little different to whole Insider builds since they have some luxury in terms of time.