Natural & Realistic Lighting for Watch_Dogs

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Danvsw, May 6, 2016.

1. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Last edited: May 9, 2016
  2. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    Very nice work !

But as I suspected, "Eugene" the mini-car of T-Bone is buggy. The camera is glitchy, and so you are stucked in the game.

So you have to include DLC entries in your files to make your mod really "Bad Blood" compatible (you are stuck from the 2nd or 3rd mission).

But multiplayer is working. 2 persons tried to hack me (just tried ^^).

3. Danvsw

Danvsw Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Alright, thank you for the explanation. I narrowed it down to 3 libs that had tweaks and didn't include DLC xmls (and added them in). Libs that weren't tweaked I just replaced entirely with latest vanilla ones. Here's the revised generated folder [link].

Yeah I was using one of your old versions because newer ones didn't have taillights. I must've missed the newer taillights one, added it now, thanks.

Check the revised libs folder in the link above, I think it was cameracontext.lib that was missing DLC xmls with "ToyCar" in the filenames.

Last edited: May 10, 2016
  4. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    With your revised libs, it works !!!

Good job !

5. Danvsw

Danvsw Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Nice. Thanks for the confirmation.
    Added it to the full version in the OP and I'll update the other versions too.

6. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    Do you happen to just know about cloud.lib editing? Might wanna share with us?

7. Danvsw

Danvsw Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Nah it's not a cloud.lib edit, I did it by replacing the cloud textures in graphics\_textures\sky folders with blank textures.

8. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Duuuuuuuude! This looks sweet great job man!

9. genstar

genstar Guest

GPU:
    gt540
    Danvsw great job. Can you please share the vegetation mod (stand alone)?

10. Danvsw

Danvsw Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Thanks mate!

Thanks and sure, here you go [link]

11. ital92

ital92 Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
    Danvsw, what exactly did you change of vegetation? Can you please upload comparison pics?

12. puredorian

puredorian Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    Thanks for standalone, vegetation looks awesome, huge improvement over vanilla, it's more clear, like HD, sharp(no blurry) and has more color in it.

Really nice work :)

Last edited: May 14, 2016
  13. genstar

genstar Guest

GPU:
    gt540
    thanks for your job, but above all for your selflessness.

14. Danvsw

Danvsw Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Thanks mate glad you liked it.

No problem mate, I try.

By the way, I noticed I've made a small mistake and mixed up a couple of files in the original standalone, I've corrected this and uploaded it again here:

Modified Vegetation Standalone

Alright, I've been meaning to do this so here it is;
    Basically most of the vegetation was too bright for my liking, sticking out everywhere like a sore thumb, so I made the textures darker.
    In the case of the grass, I replaced it with another grass texture that had a better color as well as sharpening and made it darker.
    Admittedly, the grass became too dark in certain areas and times of day, but I felt it was worth it overall.

Here's a comparison:

[​IMG]

And another one, a bit more subtle (bottom is original):

[​IMG]

With the case of trees, it was a bit more complicated as their colors are controlled by materials. Trying to make their textures darker wasn't working well.
    So with the help of infiniium's posts, I used hex editing to change the color values of the trees that stuck out (red, yellow, bright green) to the color values of the deep green colored trees, which blended best with the environment and the lighting, and did not stick out as much.
    Some trees were alright so I didn't touch them, but basically I made most of the trees green.

Comparison (left is original):

[​IMG]

Also, I replaced the maple leaf texture (mipster-maple_a_hd_d.xbt) with a regular leaf texture because I didn't like how the maple leaves looked like from a distance, graphically.
    This of course is just my personal preference, if you prefer the trees the way they were, here's my modified vegetation with vanilla trees version:
    Modified Vegetation Standalone with Vanilla Trees

Last edited: May 16, 2016
  15. ital92

ital92 Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
    Awesome, thank you for the screenshots! They're just what I was asking.

I'm really loving the new color for grass (vanilla's looks indeed very cartoonish), but I beg to differ about the beauty of trees. I really like how they look in vanilla (maple leafs and colors look astonishing to my eyes), so I won't use your mod unless you make a version with vanilla's trees + modified grass.

Last edited: May 15, 2016

16. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    I like Vanilla trees too, so it would be great to have grass & bushes only mod.

17. Danvsw

Danvsw Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Not a problem, like I said, the materials are the tree files and the changed maple texture is "mipster-maple_a_hd_d.xbt".
    Here's a standalone that contains the vanilla versions of those tree files [link].

Last edited: May 15, 2016
  18. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    I played the 1st 10 minutes of this game before I got sick to my stomach, same ol crap all over again! Nothing about this game stands-out to me or is original in a sence to bring something new to the gamer ( us ) . Lots of games look good as does this one but I just cannot stay interested ( story wise) going around hacking into peoples phones-What is so fun about that???

19. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    It's fine, everyone have its own taste, move on and continue searching for a game that you like, the are plenty these days, this one simply isn't for you. :)

20. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    Thanks to you we have now the "real" WD, as It should have been at launch.

There is only one thing I miss. A bit of Gaussian Bloom, to make shops, lights and ads spread a few light at night.

You can do it with reshade in "Shaders_by_Ioxa.cfg". With SweetFX it's named "gaussian blur".

[​IMG]