Watch_Dogs - General moding

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Essenthy, Jan 4, 2015.

1. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    well, the thing it, we already tried to get those. But, we were not able to enable those in the game simply because we were not able to find such things. There are cascades in the game though, as seen here http://i.imgur.com/jqfzVUtl.jpg
    otherwise, we are not able to place those cascades on items such as a windows or a rock or whatever. sadly

2. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    I noticed the other day that these cascades are not because of the rain. It flows down all the time, it's like the fountain :/

Here's the location where you can see E3-like drops effect, it's inside that building:
    [​IMG]

3. TheKiller14

TheKiller14 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX760
    hi. in any link, just replace x for w.

xxx.reddit.com/r/watch_dogs/comments/28mivo/stormy_weather_mod/

the rain in this game is beautiful and i would like it to be enabled always. i read that reddit post, and i am somewhat getting what the instructions that point to this forum are saying, but every time i try and drag the "windy_city.game.xml" over to the "gibbed.disrupt.unpacker.exe", i see the gibbed.unpacker command prompt for like a second, and then it will say "gibbed.disrupt.unpacker.exe has stopped working."

xxx.imgur.com/d3tDtxe

every time it will do this, i've tried running as administator, i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and i can't figure it out.

i apologize if this has been answered in an other, i just haven't come across any answer to my problem on here or the internet in general. if someone could help, that would be awesome! you guys seems to know how to fix these problems, i'm counting on you :p

4. Knochy

Knochy Guest

Hello. I try to explain you, but my english is bad. Sry for mistakes ^^

first you must unpack youre patch.dat than you must go into the folder patch_unpack\worlds\windy_city\generated and put the windy_city.game.xml in the folder where the XML converter located.

Than rename the windy_city.game.xml into windy_city.game.rml

In the next step you must convert the windy_city.game.rml, so you must drag the rml file of the Gibbed.Disrupt.ConvertXml.exe. Then you get the uncrypted xml file of the windy_city.game.xml.

When you ready with editing the file you must drag the edited xml file of the Gibbed.Disrupt.ConvertXml.exe. Then you get the crypted windy_city.game.rml.

The windy_city.game.rml must be rename to windy_city.game.xml, Then you can repack youre patch.dat.

I hope you can understand my explanation.

5. ZModeler

ZModeler Guest

GPU:
    HD7870
    As I've promised earlier, few tests have been run today on character model.

(I'm still not allowed to post links/images, so copy url and paste to browser manually)
    sf.uploads.ru/LAdpr.jpg

this is not an exported model of cause, just some observations on original game model. And three notes to explain difference:

1. The sweater collar does not interact with the rest of geometry and stays static
    2. Coat pockets are static too, so Aiden does not put hands into pockets. I remember some developer's interview where the developers team efforts on this particular case were mentioned. something of a kind was stated: "you can't imagine how much effort it took to make his hand go into pockets in suitable way".
    3. And the coat tail is also like made of stone, no physics or interaction with other body parts. it moves with legs like being a part of pants.

don't pay attention to pants material, i've assigned sweater material onto pants just to be sure I'm observing a modded file in game.

So, here are some background notes:
    The character model contains 3 extra blocks in a model file:
    Block #1: 3 Kb binary XML file
    Block #2: ~36Kb of some hierarchical data laid into upto 3-sublevel branches. meaning, it has branches as parent->child with a depth upto 3 levels. the overal layout is parsed as I've stated earlier but the actual data on each level is completely unknown and varies from branch to branch;
    Block #3: ~700 bytes of known layout with very minor data stored.

All or any blocks can be omitted in a file when zero is specified instead each block. This is what I was testing recently. The game does accept player model with all blocks omitted, but the appearance and "feel" of the model changes.

All blocks zero: (as shown on an image)
    First block retained, others are zero (as on shown on an image, no other changes)
    Adding second and/or third blocks produce app crash unless all three blocks are placed. different combinations like 1+2, 1+3, 2+3 does not work too.

According to my notes in a parsing and layout of block #2 (the biggest one) it has some "bouncy bones", "bouncy faces/triangles" and "bone links". these were just "guess" meaning for the data I observed in this block and it does make sense now. This seems to be related to in-game physics applied to skeleton bones and skeleton bones affecting each other. For example, when Aiden turns head, his scull should affect sweater collar to make it move aside. when this physics is not available or not adjusted properly, the model behaves incorrectly.

So, reverting to the question some of you have asked earlier - the E3 character physics, his coat movement and reaction to the windy weather is not the bones to mesh assignment/influence, it's a part of this 36Kb bones physics configuration stored on a model. I guess the in-game physics still can generate coat movements like on E3, but you cant reach this goal unless all blocks #1, #2 and #3 are known and updated with correct configuration to bouncing bones.

I guess this is a really hard-to-break task. Especially when only one purpose is the goal - to get the model look like you've seen on E3. To be honest, I don't want to put effort on this currently due to the very low "usability" of the outcome. :shame:

On my side I could produce something like an XML file with the data parsed according to my notes, so the exporter can pick up this XML on export and recreate blocks #1,#2 and #3... other talented people might research the XML to make their own observations and conclusions. This is just a guess to the moment, as the "unknown data XML" would be really big to mess with.

6. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    i only understood half of what you said as i dont have that kind of knolwedge :D

so you mean the bones physics for his coat is already there, its just disabled ? its need inputing the right physics data into an xml from the model and dosnt require messing with Aiden model itself linking bones/mesh of his coat right ?

btw the model on your picture look like char01_for_into.xbg rather than char_01.xbg, that model is playable you can swap it just fine, but it will crash using other weapons that pistoles

is that xml files crypted ? or the data is just hard to read ?

7. puredorian

puredorian Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    Zmodeler,

Very nice and detailed insight you have there, it would be really cool to mess with those blocks, it might lead to something, very tricky stuff.

I guess old apperance of Aiden is never going to be made unfortunately, unless someone will leak his old model from ubi montreal directly, it's very hard task to model him looking different, let alone the whole .xbg export thing.

8. Knochy

Knochy Guest

@Essenthy another thing. Can you upload youre latest reflection of the sidewalk?

9. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    yes i finally found the faulty texture wich i corrected, will upload tonight maybe if i have time, too much work lately

10. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    remaking aiden face would be way too hard i think, unless someone really skilled take the challenge, restoring his coat physics would be a huge step forward i think and dosnt sound as impossible as re modeling aiden

11. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
  12. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    Very nice !

Ok, goes directly in my merge with Essenthy's reflections !

Thank you everybody ! This game become more and more nice !

13. puredorian

puredorian Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    Hey Zmodeler, since you know about models and stuff, do you have any insight on guns blowbacks, that watchdogs had on old demo? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEeEoU2wyXg#t=241

Release game dont have this at all not on a single gun, and i feel like this might be related to almost same system, as you said about physics on models

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  14. TheKiller14

TheKiller14 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX760
    the problem i have with any of this is that any of the gibbed tools will stop working and then crash on me whenever i try and open any of the files with the gibbed tools. so in your instructions that say "unpack youre patch.dat", and "In the next step you must convert the windy_city.game.rml, so you must drag the rml file of the Gibbed.Disrupt.ConvertXml.exe", i can't even do that because the gibbed tools that i have crash. do you think that maybe its just the tools that i downloaded are bad?

15. Nuk1e

Nuk1e Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX980Ti Strix

16. TheKiller14

TheKiller14 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX760
    it still crashes. i tried the drag and drop to gibbed.disrupt.unpack before and after i restarted my pc, and still it crashes.

edit: i also did read the first page :p but yea, i also have notepad++ and i don't know if i can do anything from there. i'd prefer to try anything and everything possible to get my gibbed tools working before anything else.

17. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    you must be doing something wrong ,copy windy_city.dat and windy_city.fat to the same folder where gibbed tool is, then drag windy_city.fat to Gibbed.Disrupt.Pack.exe

18. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    @ Essenthy

Do you still plan to upload your reflections on the sidewalk ?

19. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
  20. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    Very nice ! I am currently uploading a new version of Watch Dogs Enhanced including your Medium DOF V2 !

An picture to illustrate your magnificent work :

[​IMG]

I've added tips to remove any stuttering (or greatly reduce it), keeping Ultra quality with mid-high rigs.

To me, what will be missing to pretend having revived "E3 2012" will be :

- sidewalk reflections
    - a "fixed" model of Aiden (for coat physics)
    - Night skies
    - POM

So not very much things.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015