Sikkmod v1.2 Released

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by EL1TE, Sep 4, 2011.

1. sexus

sexus Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GF GTX 680 sli
    im begging him to reunlock sikkmods config menu :)

im hoping he understands that some people are sensitive to too much bloom or bloom in general its supposed to be used like salt with cooking

if you use too much youre meal gets messed up much like with a game if you do too much bloom youre eyes get fd up after a short while , in my case i cant even game for a prolonged time like this if at all xD

sensitive eyes is the keyword here , im happy that some people can take it but me not so much xD,peace

and his work is insane just needs to take some feedback into consideration and not think where trying to hate on his mod cause it is a epic mod afterall

p.s: have you managed to reduce to almost nullify the overly used bloom ?

niukniuk by tweaking the autoexec.cfg as he suggested? its kinda like 1.1 sikkmod tweaking as youve been accustomed too already xD

btw he mentioned about that texture misalignments that its due to him using relief mapping and not parallax is there a difference in quality?

wasnt parallax the better of both ?

i totally forgot ....hmmmm....:3eyes:

i already asked him if he could fix that thou anyhow

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  2. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    I didn't try to tweak the hdr yet, but it should be easy:
    just open the autoexec.cfg and look for these values:
    Code:
    seta r_hdrMiddleGray "0.18"
    seta r_hdrWhitePoint "1.1"
    And maybe by raising the whitepoint value (to 2 or 2.5) it should be a little bit better

3. sexus

sexus Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GF GTX 680 sli
    hmmmm.......i shall try dat!

update: well no success in convincing vgames of unlocking the original sikkmod menu in his mod -.-' guess well have to do with the autoexec.cfg like in 1.1 sikkmod then xD btw not quite sure if dat whitepoint did anything i think ill wait till you release youre tweaks niukniuk xD,peace

am i the only one that gets stringy shadowing in the last level on my hands and floors ????

and btw how do i use perfected doom with roe?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  4. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    I didn't try to launch the last map with this mod, so I don't know if I also have this bug

And no, you can't use this mod with RoE.

5. sexus

sexus Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GF GTX 680 sli
    yeah im hoping vgames will make one for roe too xD already requested it

6. 6th

6th Guest

Thanks for the updated Venom menu !

7. 6xSnake6x

6xSnake6x Guest

GPU:
    A. M. Radeon HD 5740
    Hello, I have a couple of questions to ask since I don't know where else to go with this and am pretty new to the whole mods thing. I'm going to take these one at a time: from the Sikkmod options when switching player head model to marine helmet nothing really happens. In the cutscenes I can still see doom guy's face/head instead of the desired helmet. Is this normal ? if not, how can I fix it ? I do see some errors in the console that I'm guessing might have something to do with this, here they are:
    [​IMG]

8. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    I just tried to switch from "default" head to "marine helmet", and indeed it doesn't work. Even when loading a quicksave.

BUT it works when I load a map (using the "map" command), so my guess is that it you can't switch from one model to another, even when reloading your save/quicksave. It only works if you create a new game or launch a map with this "map" command (for example: map game/mars_city1 in the console) or by selecting a level using the hqmainmenu mod (warning: you won't have any weapon once the map is loaded using this method).

I don't know if it's a bug of sikkmod or if this is "by design". There is also another bug: you can't view your character in the mirrors, except if you turn on third person view.

Concerning the errors in the console when loading the game: these come from 6thvenom's HQmainmenu mod, they seem related to MP skin and tbh I don't know how to remove them :) (it may be a conflict in one of the files but I can't find which one)
    If you remove the hqmainmenu mod .pk4 file then launch the game(which means that you only have sikkmod files): these errors are gone...but this "helmet bug" is still there.

9. 6xSnake6x

6xSnake6x Guest

GPU:
    A. M. Radeon HD 5740
    Thank you for the quick and detailed reply :D
    Slightly off topic: boy I got so carried away that I forgot to thank Sikkpin (hope I got that right, I'm new here) for the Sikkmod and yourself for the HQmenu mod mod, and the loading screens, rich stuff. Really great, especially since Doom 3 is one of my all time favorite games all of this really is good for the soul :D.
    Now moving on to my next issue: I am currently using Monoxead's texture alongside with Wulfen's textures, so basically what I did was copy all the files that came with these mods inside the sikkmod folder and hit overwrite, and they work really great ! but I apparently get a lot of errors in the console related to the materials folder (just my guess, since some files inside there are named in the respective errors) that comes from Monoxead's mod. I know this is all minor stuff because they all work but I just wanna straighten everything out. So, does this have any impact ? And on a side note, would it be better if I packed the texture mod related folders inside of pak_modfiles.pk4 from Sikkmod ? 10x !

EDIT: sorry, forgot to post the screenshot, here it is:
    [​IMG]

EDIT2 (related to my first post): Ok so I tried starting a new game from the HQ menu and loaded up mc underground, in the cutscene there is no marine helmet. I guess I'll just drop that for now unless you know any related settings that might enable it. Oh, and where DO you turn on third person view from :-/ I've been looking but I found nothing.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  10. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    I don't have all these errors/warnings in the console :(

I put all the texturepacks folders ("materials", "models" and textures") directly into the "base" folder, so they automatically override the game's default textures, even if you start vanilla (unmodded) doom 3.

I don't know if it will be better to pack these folders into a .pk4:
    I currently have them packed this way (to test), and apart from the fact that the base folder is less clogged with these folders, I can't see any difference in terms of loading speed for example.

11. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    Yeah it doesn't work in this map (it must be hardcoded because it's the first map of the game, and you don't have your equipment/armor yet), but it works when you try another map.
    Switch to third person view to see if it works.

12. 6xSnake6x

6xSnake6x Guest

GPU:
    A. M. Radeon HD 5740
    Wow, I barely updated my last post and there was your reply :D thanks ! Ok I guess I'll leave that as it is. Now for two other issues. The first one is related to depth of field. While I think it is an amazing effect the way it is right now, I would just like to know if there is an option to disable the blur on the weapon. Here's what I mean
    [​IMG] , [​IMG] .
    Only when I am close to a wall my weapon gets unblured
    [​IMG] .
    And the second thing I noticed was this box thing going on with the sky in certain places (not sure it's everywhere) and even surrounding some weapons (like the plasma gun, though for the weapons it's not really noticable)
    [​IMG]
    What do you think ? Is there any solution to this ? Thanks ! :D

EDIT:
    How can I switch to third person view, I can't seem to find that option :-S

13. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    TBH I don't really know about "ideal" Depth of field values, I'm still experimenting and haven't found something that I like (selecting "manual" and tweaking some values may help find your desired effect)

And for the last screenshot, it's SSAO that is causing this issue, try to change the SSAO method, or disable it in areas like this (basically: disable it when you can see the skybox or similar visual effects like the one shown in your screenshot)

EDIT: third person view:
    in the console type
    pm_thirdperson 1 or 0 to enable/disable it

14. 6xSnake6x

6xSnake6x Guest

GPU:
    A. M. Radeon HD 5740
    Again thank you for the quick reply :). Here goes another one, sorry for the inconsistency in the random order I post my "issues". This one must seem really random but wth. In this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBORuX3Mwhw if you skip to 00:17 you can see a really cool (imo) blood splatter effect on the screen. I do believe this recording is with sikkmod 1.1 (though I could very well be wrong). Was this effect ever part of sikkmod and got removed ? How can I get this effect ? Alright, now to try that third person thing, and mess with the SSAO :D

15. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    I may be wrong, but I think that it may have something to do with this:
    [​IMG]

16. 6xSnake6x

6xSnake6x Guest

GPU:
    A. M. Radeon HD 5740
    Well, do you get the blood effect like in that youtube video ? I do believe the settings you highlighted in your screenshot have to do with blood spraying from the enemies when you shoot them (not related to blood on the screen), not sure though. I do have blood spray set to "on" and the rest of the variables are left at their default values.

Now back to my previous issue, you were right about the helmet part, and changing the SSAO method didn't remove the borders, it just made them look slightly different from setting to setting. I can live with that :D Still, I think it's worth taking notice if it's not just me.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  17. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    I didn't change these blood values, so I don't know if this similar effect can be obtained in sikkmod.

And yeah the SSAO gives this weird effect on skyboxes and several other areas of the game (I only enable it when taking screenshots anyway :))

18. 6xSnake6x

6xSnake6x Guest

GPU:
    A. M. Radeon HD 5740
    If you find anything out about that screenblood please let me know, I get the old screenblood effects which look pretty old compared to the graphics update that sikkmod offers.

Next up: what does ambient light and vignetting do ? I'm not sure I notice any difference. If it's not too much trouble could you exemplify through comparative screenshots ? I have this feeling it might just not be working for me. Or maybe it's just too subtle for me.

19. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    Vignetting:[​IMG]
    "fade to black effect" on each corner of the screen

Ambient Light: a custom (you can change its intensity/distance) light casted from your character (alter the values on a really dark area to see it in action)
    I personnaly don't use it, because it caused issues with hdr glare effects (it disabled them) in the previous sikkmod version.

20. 6xSnake6x

6xSnake6x Guest

GPU:
    A. M. Radeon HD 5740
    Thank you ! Once again very clear :D Here goes another (boy I hope I'm not getting annoying here). How can I get the old hud back for Doom 3 RoE while using Sikkmod 1.1 for RoE ? I have dynamic hud set to 0 in the sikkmod ingame menu, in the DoomConfig.cfg and the mycurrentsettings.cfg from the mod folder. It won't go off
    [​IMG] .
    Regarding this issue, the exact opposite happens in doom 3 sikkmod 1.2, I can not turn the dynamic hud on no matter what (this is convenient to me as I don't like it much, but I believe it is worth poiting out).
    And as a side note, do you think you could update the venom hq menu mod for RoE to incorporate Sikkmod menu like you did for the original Doom 3 menu mod ? Or is it maybe already out there and I'm unaware of it ?
    [​IMG]